M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raahil View Post
Hi Mate

Looking mint!
I am after the exact same tips for mine. however i do have a couple of questions if you dont mind.

Firstly where did you get them from and secondly what was the overall length of the tips you installed?

I have removed one of my standard tips and have realised my original pipes come flanged towards the end making them around 67mm dia

Mounting the tips on in this position would mean the tips would protude out from the bumper too much so want to be sure to order the right ones?

Thanks
The standard tips are good for target practice at my gun club..
Ok,I was lucky to find two of the ones I wanted on UK eBay and the other two were from Far East ordered singly as custom size, they won't do more than one at a time.They were £35 each with free postage while the two from UK were £40 for the two so ended up paying £110 for four Akropovic tips with angle cut ends.
To see them more go to the 'random shot of the day' thread and see what you think.
it's important to specify 69 or 70mm inlet with, well, mine were 89mm outlets and total length 135-145mm so you can pull them out more than what the standard pipes were pushed right in.
There is a site called Ali Baba where poster OneExtra purchased his from though I'm not sure if you can get all four at once. Remember though that getting all four at once means import penalty charge.
Appreciate 1
Raahil55.50
      08-27-2019, 09:24 AM   #90
Raahil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
The standard tips are good for target practice at my gun club..
Ok,I was lucky to find two of the ones I wanted on UK eBay and the other two were from Far East ordered singly as custom size, they won't do more than one at a time.They were £35 each with free postage while the two from UK were £40 for the two so ended up paying £110 for four Akropovic tips with angle cut ends.
To see them more go to the 'random shot of the day' thread and see what you think.
it's important to specify 69 or 70mm inlet with, well, mine were 89mm outlets and total length 135-145mm so you can pull them out more than what the standard pipes were pushed right in.
There is a site called Ali Baba where poster OneExtra purchased his from though I'm not sure if you can get all four at once. Remember though that getting all four at once means import penalty charge.
Thanks mate.
I sat outside on sunny Sunday with a vernier and done some measuring. i have ordered some from Aliexpress and requested a custom size. have gone for the same with 89mm outlets but length i have gone slightly smaller. Will update once i have installed
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59591.00
      08-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #91
b21playa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI e60 535d msport

Quote:
Thanks mate.
I sat outside on sunny Sunday with a vernier and done some measuring. i have ordered some from Aliexpress and requested a custom size. have gone for the same with 89mm outlets but length i have gone slightly smaller. Will update once i have installed
Please keep us updated. I’m so annoyed I’ve lost one and had to go back to the originals - doesn’t look as aggressive
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 03:18 AM   #92
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Dont know why this is such a saga, I ordered from Kemir Carbon and they fitted perfectly, just told them I had an F10 M5 and they sent them
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 12:04 PM   #93
Raahil
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post
Dont know why this is such a saga, I ordered from Kemir Carbon and they fitted perfectly, just told them I had an F10 M5 and they sent them
I guess each to their own. but the link you provided (https://kemir.en.alibaba.com/product...c4977bdanlmn25) in particular state a length of 155mm - 165mm unless you customize.

I had seen a set on ebay which were specifically designed for the F10. Upon questioning they stated their ideal size was 105mm max tip length.
M5THEONLYONE recommended 135mm odd according to his preference.
So really it comes down to individual taste as to what size and how much they would want the exhaust tips protruding from their bumper
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 12:08 PM   #94
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

You can move them back and forth to put them where you want there is probably about 80mm of travel
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #95
Raahil
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I agree. all i would say is everyone deserves to be satisfied prior to placing an order.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 05:17 AM   #96
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Just to add here that I went for longer overall as the larger 89 outlet diameter including the carbon would be longer going back to the inlet diameter pipe for my particular need. It does take a few measurements and head scratching to work out what you actually want and how you want it to look like.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #97
Raahil
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Right guys to update all those interested.

Finally received my tips, ordered from Aliexpress and got them for a total of £90 including shipping. Not sure if i will get hit with import taxes at a later date but for now all good.

I ordered 70mm inlet. 90mm outlet and a max tip length of 105mm.
However upon receiving the guy sent me 120mm length.

Refer to pics below but i have fitted in a position i like.
For those who would like to fit in a position further out i would recommend any size between 120-135mm max tip length.

If you prefer a position same as myself or further in then i would recommend anything between 100-110mm max tip length.

Hope thats helps anyone out
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick59591.00
      09-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #98
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:

Finally received my tips, ordered from Aliexpress and got them for a total of £90 including shipping. Not sure if i will get hit with import taxes at a later date but for now all good.

For those who would like to fit in a position further out i would recommend any size between 120-135mm max tip length.

If you prefer a position same as myself or further in then i would recommend anything between 100-110mm max tip length.

I think they look spot on. If you had got the 105mm they would have been tucked under to much like the stock ones.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59591.00
      09-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #99
Raahil
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
Quote:

I think they look spot on. If you had got the 105mm they would have been tucked under to much like the stock ones.
Tbh 105mm would have been bang on.
At this moment the tips are pushed right back as much as i can. Even a few mm i cannot push them in further (not like i want to) but due to this i am currently mounting on the brim of the original tip flange so they do not seat 100%

Hence my recommendation of 105
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 05:39 AM   #100
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

They look spot on in my opinion and yes you will get a tax bill at a later date, probably about £40
Appreciate 0