M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

03-14-2019, 11:21 PM   #3279
Eriphill
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Uranium one? Really??
From the docs it looks like they gave Huber a broad brush to look at anything not already being investigated by Mueller.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #3280
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
That hasn't been debunked about a dozen times by now?
Yes, it has been.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:36 PM   #3281
adc100
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

It will be interesting too see how Muhler felt about Steele who actually did conspire with the Russians to write the fake Dossier created by Democratic law firm and paid for by Clinton....Oh wait he didn't look into that one.

I am sure Barr has looked into it.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 06:40 PM   #3282
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
It will be interesting too see how Muhler felt about Steele who actually did conspire with the Russians to write the fake Dossier created by Democratic law firm and paid for by Clinton....Oh wait he didn't look into that one.

I am sure Barr has looked into it.
Yeah I'm sure he's all over another fake claim. He'll be on that right after he solves uranium one and pizza gate

03-15-2019, 08:50 PM   #3283
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
I find it both completely amusing, yet entirely frustrating how politics motivates people to excuse Clinton's illegal activities while simultaneously cheering on fishing expeditions into President Trump. These people have zero integrity and earn my disrespect daily. 👎🏻
Eriphill666.00
lakefront149.00
arkie6231.00
Poiseuille2186.00
detroitm2668.50

03-15-2019, 11:00 PM   #3284
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I find it both completely amusing, yet entirely frustrating how politics motivates people to excuse Clinton's illegal activities while simultaneously cheering on fishing expeditions into President Trump. These people have zero integrity and earn my disrespect daily. 👎🏻
Trumps been in office for two years. The DOJ has been under trump for two years. What's the complaint?

03-15-2019, 11:45 PM   #3285
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Trumps been in office for two years. The DOJ has been under trump for two years. What's the complaint?
...how politics motivates people to excuse Clinton's illegal activities while simultaneously cheering on fishing expeditions into President Trump.
Run Silent8292.50

03-17-2019, 09:02 PM   #3286
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Lisa Page (under oath) - “Obama ordered no charges be filed against Hillary. “

That’s what we call...OBSTRUCTION.
Poiseuille2186.00

03-18-2019, 10:18 AM   #3287
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

...Listed directly below to the elements of 18 U.S.C. 793(f) were the words: "NOTE: DOJ not willing to charge this; only known cases are Military, cases when accused lost the information (e.g. thumb drive sent to unknown recipient at wrong address.)"...
(emphasis mine)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cha...charge-clinton

So, the DOJ saying "we don't charge this crime, historically, except when it's a military member and the information can be demonstrated to be lost" is not the same as "Obama ordered the DOJ not to charge Hillary".

Right? We agree on that?
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #3288
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
...Listed directly below to the elements of 18 U.S.C. 793(f) were the words: "NOTE: DOJ not willing to charge this; only known cases are Military, cases when accused lost the information (e.g. thumb drive sent to unknown recipient at wrong address.)"...
(emphasis mine)

So, the DOJ saying "we don't charge this crime, historically, except when it's a military member and the information can be demonstrated to be lost" is not the same as "Obama ordered the DOJ not to charge Hillary".

Right? We agree on that?

I don't think this is accurate. The following non-military citizen was charged under 18 U.S.C. 793(f):

1) FBI Agent James Smith, who was suspected of supplying classified information to a Chinese national over the course of a 20-year period.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...212-story.html
      03-18-2019, 10:34 AM   #3289
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

FBI is quasi-military
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:35 AM   #3290
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I don't think this is accurate. The following non-military citizen was charged under 18 U.S.C. 793(f):

1) FBI Agent James Smith, who was suspected of supplying classified information to a Chinese national over the course of a 20-year period.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...212-story.html
Take it up with whomever wrote the note on the FBI's board, not me.

Further, the above example is also wholly different from the Hillary situation - he was demonstrated to be providing the information to someone who shouldn't have it.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #3291
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Not really, they're just cops.
MODS, we REALLY need that sarcasm font installed, soon.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent8292.50
scostu894.50

03-18-2019, 11:09 AM   #3292
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Irrespective of the situational differences - the statement was made that no one other than military personnel were ever charged under that code - which isn't true.

See point #1 in my other post.

Quote:
Take it up with whomever wrote the note on the FBI's board, not me...

I agree with your logic, I simply have no insight into who/how wrote the notation on the FBI's "chart".

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #3293
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
(emphasis mine)

Right? We agree on that?
General Petraeus did not lose or misplace his diary. He took it home during the period he was writing his book and it never left his desk , nor did DOJ assert that it did. His crime was that he failed to ask permission. After forty odd years of service to his Country General Petraeus was charged with felonies under 18USC793 by Eric Holder's DOJ on recommendation of James Comey. In the end the General plead guilty to lesser misdemeanor charges of lying to investigators, no doubt to avoid bankrupting his family. He paid fines and ended an illustrious career in disgrace. Congratulations DOJ.
So we have to admit that General Petraeus is a failure at Simon Sez. But even though James Comey didn't specify it, we're pretty sure that the General never bleached his diary, nor did he beat it with hammers or attack it with an angle grinder.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go1479.50

03-18-2019, 12:47 PM   #3294
adc100
Captain
Rep

Quote:
No-the DOJ is not "under" trump like it was for Obama. He told it what to do and who to investigate. Likewise the FBI. But you don't get that do you?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 01:06 PM   #3295
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
General Petraeus did not lose or misplace his diary. He took it home during the period he was writing his book and it never left his desk , nor did DOJ assert that it did. His crime was that he failed to ask permission. After forty odd years of service to his Country General Petraeus was charged with felonies under 18USC793 by Eric Holder's DOJ on recommendation of James Comey. In the end the General plead guilty to lesser misdemeanor charges of lying to investigators, no doubt to avoid bankrupting his family. He paid fines and ended an illustrious career in disgrace. Congratulations DOJ.
So we have to admit that General Petraeus is a failure at Simon Sez. But even though James Comey didn't specify it, we're pretty sure that the General never bleached his diary, nor did he beat it with hammers or attack it with an angle grinder.
Uh, no. Petraeus didn't just write it in his journal - he told his girlfriend a bunch of shit he knew damned well she shouldn't be told. A girlfriend who was writing a fucking book, BTW.

There's also this little tidbit:

"There is a recorded conversation between Petraeus and, inter alia, Washington Post reporters, which, based on the information and belief of your affiant, occurred in or about March 2011," Special Agent Diane Wehner wrote. "In the conversation, Petraeus stated, 'I would really love to be on background as a senior military officer.' Later in the recording, Petraeus discusses sensitive military campaigns and operations, some of which, on the basis of a preliminary review ... is believed to contain classified information, including information at the Top Secret level."
(emphasis mine)

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...porters-224023

Try harder.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #3296
Schwarzschild Radius
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
No-the DOJ is not "under" trump like it was for Obama. He told it what to do and who to investigate. Likewise the FBI. But you don't get that do you?
I guess not. Show me what I'm missing. I guess you're saying Trump is ineffective? He can't control his own government?

What is stopping him, specifically?
      03-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #3297
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
Uh, no. Petraeus didn't just write it in his journal - he told his girlfriend a bunch of shit he knew damned well she shouldn't be told. A girlfriend who was writing a fucking book, BTW.

There's also this little tidbit:

"There is a recorded conversation between Petraeus and, inter alia, Washington Post reporters, which, based on the information and belief of your affiant, occurred in or about March 2011," Special Agent Diane Wehner wrote. "In the conversation, Petraeus stated, 'I would really love to be on background as a senior military officer.' Later in the recording, Petraeus discusses sensitive military campaigns and operations, some of which, on the basis of a preliminary review ... is believed to contain classified information, including information at the Top Secret level."
(emphasis mine)

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...porters-224023

Try harder.
I was only responding to your claim (attached below) that under 18USC793(etc) HRC should not have been charged because she wasn't military and no classified material was lost. I didn't say Petraeus shouldn't have been charged, although considering his service I would not have, only that Petraeus wasn't military (retired) and he didn't lose any classified material. On that basis, HRC should have been charged if Petraeus was. There is no question at this point that she absolutely 'lost' classified material, and quite deliberately.
However, it seems that rather than address my actual point you chose to change the subject.
So be it:

1. Journal? What journal? I didn't mention any journal, and neither did the Politico article you linked.
2. The "girlfriend" (her name is Broadwell) was writing a book alright: it was Petraeus' biography on which he was collaborating, a fairly common practice.
3. Petraeus brought the diary to NC for the purpose of sequencing and chronology in the book. Broadwell was not given the diary or any other documents.
4. Petraeus did discuss, no doubt in great detail, classified material with Broadwell. But Petraeus' whole life is pretty much classified, and they were writing, after all, his biography. In any case, Broadwell had and probably still has a security clearance. In none of the affidavits does the DOJ suggest that Broadwell wasn't cleared to that level and in fact Broadwell was never charged with anything. All of this is mentioned in the Politico article you linked.
5. Regarding the "recorded conversation": the FBI SA writing that report says Petraeus discussed information that she (the agent) believed "may be classified". That is also in your Politico article.

Anyway, over time I've found your posts to be well thought out and reasonable so I think it likely that my post that started this was unclear. I only meant to say that if Petraeus was chargeable than so was HRC.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 03:30 PM   #3298
tracer bullet
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
...how politics motivates people to excuse Clinton's illegal activities while simultaneously cheering on fishing expeditions into President Trump.
I might be with you on this. But first, who is excusing which illegal activities?
Appreciate 1
wdb1254.50

03-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #3299
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
I might be with you on this. But first, who is excusing which illegal activities?
Whitewash brush. Ever see one? Broad strokes. Sloppy. Lots of splash.

Both sides use that big fat brush. But more and more I see the Trumpista needing to employ it. The man is getting harder to defend by the day. You can smell the desperation when "but Hillary" gets trotted out. But that has pretty much lost whatever clout it may have had 3 years ago.
Appreciate 2
Jockey1663.00

03-18-2019, 04:40 PM   #3300
adc100
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I guess not. Show me what I'm missing. I guess you're saying Trump is ineffective? He can't control his own government?

What is stopping him, specifically?
I guess you really did not get it. President Obama and Loretta Lynch micro managed the DOJ and FBI. You might have to check out the the past news. They prevented the the DOJ from charging Hillary for sending and receiving security emails on her personal computer. And its pretty clear that the FBI was loaded with (Obama holdovers)folks at the upper level that actively tried to get rid of Trump

And the government is not "his" to control. Its the people's Government.

But I do understand you really do not understand that. They used to teach that stuff in History and Civics. So my apologies
Appreciate 1
gjm120819.50