M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

09-13-2016, 12:59 PM   #1
alienstudio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP | G05 X5 40i

Dash cam

Looking to install a blackvue with cellink B battery with hardwire install. Never done it before, just wanted to see what everyone uses for the acc fuse for the cellink battery.

Thanks
      09-30-2017, 02:04 AM   #2
sqeezed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 M5

Did u install it, how is the camera? I?m planing to get one. Any issue?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
alienstudio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZennnZennn View Post
Did u install it, how is the camera? I?m planing to get one. Any issue?
I ended up going with the Thinkware F50. It's good quality for the money.
      10-07-2017, 06:30 PM   #4
Revms1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

I had issues with the identical setup as for some strange reason it was interfering with my key fob malfunctioning with locking and unlocking the doors. Checked all the wiring and location of the cellink battery b and nothing was installed incorrectly. Wound up taking everything out and the fob worked fine. Such crap cause I wanted the surveillance for parking mode.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #5
alienstudio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revms1 View Post
I had issues with the identical setup as for some strange reason it was interfering with my key fob malfunctioning with locking and unlocking the doors. Checked all the wiring and location of the cellink battery b and nothing was installed incorrectly. Wound up taking everything out and the fob worked fine. Such crap cause I wanted the surveillance for parking mode.
Did you plug into the fuse box? I ended using the 12V socket in the trunk for the cellink power source. Never had any issue with key fob interference.
      10-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #6
Revms1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienstudio View Post
Did you plug into the fuse box? I ended using the 12V socket in the trunk for the cellink power source. Never had any issue with key fob interference.
Yup it was hardwired to the fuse box. We tried both fuse box locations and still the same issue. Took it to the dealer they did change out both front door handles and new cables and still had the same issues. Finally took the entire setup out and its been working fine. Wound up using the camera setup in my daily driver and it works fine. Smh
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #7
celicatoe46m3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 & E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revms1 View Post
Yup it was hardwired to the fuse box. We tried both fuse box locations and still the same issue. Took it to the dealer they did change out both front door handles and new cables and still had the same issues. Finally took the entire setup out and its been working fine. Wound up using the camera setup in my daily driver and it works fine. Smh
Which fuse # did you tap into?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #8
Revms1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by celicatoe46m3 View Post
Which fuse # did you tap into?
I don’t recall which one in the rear trunk that was tapped into as i had a shop do it and they’ve done plenty of blackvue dashcam’s. Even they were astonished at the interference that the camera had with the remote transponder key fob. Maybe just a one off situation smh.
Appreciate 0