05-08-2020, 10:58 PM   #133
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 and E84 X1 Xdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabs1815 View Post
Hi Everybody,

Can anybody comment on how these have been holding up for them? Looking to do this upgrade soon and want to make sure quality has been staying true without any issues
These things are a gamble. It would be safer if you were local because you can just go knock on their door and be like WTF... if you're not its going to be one big hassle if something goes wrong with them.

The biggest complaint from these lights are the condensation that accumulates in some and also the coding is a PITA..

There is a local company that does custom builds on stock headlights for less. I am going to go that route..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 08:28 AM   #134
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

I bought a set and installed them. My car never left the driveway. The one side light only lit up partially. They had huge silica packets in them, Im assuming to control condensation. I could tell a difference in the color of the light between the two lights. Needles to say they were sent back the same day. They tried to hold 50.00 from me to cover return shipping, but I argued it and I was fully refunded. Sorry but for the money just not for me. I would rather stick with the BMW OEM quality and my factory lights.
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 02:18 AM   #135
naiza3k
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 & 2019 x7 xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireM5 View Post
I bought a set and installed them. My car never left the driveway. The one side light only lit up partially. They had huge silica packets in them, Im assuming to control condensation. I could tell a difference in the color of the light between the two lights. Needles to say they were sent back the same day. They tried to hold 50.00 from me to cover return shipping, but I argued it and I was fully refunded. Sorry but for the money just not for me. I would rather stick with the BMW OEM quality and my factory lights.
I did the exact same thing last year...

Previous: 2015 X5 Graphite, |All options| - 2014 435i Xdrive Msport, |Fully Loaded|6MT|FBO|JB4|Front,side,rear lips/spoilers|- 2015 320i Xdrive, |Wife's beater| - 2008 535i Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 07:26 AM   #136
Sabs1815
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple5 View Post
These things are a gamble. It would be safer if you were local because you can just go knock on their door and be like WTF... if you're not its going to be one big hassle if something goes wrong with them.

The biggest complaint from these lights are the condensation that accumulates in some and also the coding is a PITA..

There is a local company that does custom builds on stock headlights for less. I am going to go that route..
Thanks for the response!!

Im on the east cost, so thats definitely not an option. The condensation would drive me nuts. I have really looked at getting a custom build done on the OEMs. Theres a shop in Brooklyn that used to be big on doing G37 and E90 headlights. I guess I'm better off seeing if they can do anything with these.

Quote:
Sounds like a real nightmare. That settles it.
2013 F10 M5- Rest in peace
2015 F15 X5 50I
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 03:15 PM   #137
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by w@lterwhite View Post
Pre-LCI - if you have Xenon you choose 11-13, if you have halogen, you choose halogen.

Right now only the halogen are in stock but the factory more are on the way. For the latest detail email directly through the site.

Hope you survive Maria
Looks like even after 3 years, people are still doubtful of moving forward with this product. I would still like to consider these lights, but has Umnitza made/proposed be any changes that would make a potential new customer feel safer with their purchase?

I will follow up with an email, but I feel like this would be an opportunity for the many people in the same boat as me (seems as though there are many) to feel a new sense of confidence with your company after all the setbacks.

Quote:

Im on the east cost, so thats definitely not an option. The condensation would drive me nuts. I have really looked at getting a custom build done on the OEMs. Theres a shop in Brooklyn that used to be big on doing G37 and E90 headlights. I guess I'm better off seeing if they can do anything with these.

OneEighty? I was thinking of doing the same and going the custom route, but I think the OEM LED look is just superior overall. Can bite the bullet if quality on custom > these Umnitzas can be confirmed.

So far I got quoted from Vito at Zworks in Chicago, and Alex from OneEighty told me to call him today so will hopefully get a quote from him later. OneEighty is local to me but I heard from Tom at BavGruppe that Vito is the best at these F10 lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 04:55 PM   #138
Sabs1815
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyMan'sBMW View Post

OneEighty? I was thinking of doing the same and going the custom route, but I think the OEM LED look is just superior overall. Can bite the bullet if quality on custom > these Umnitzas can be confirmed.

So far I got quoted from Vito at Zworks in Chicago, and Alex from OneEighty told me to call him today so will hopefully get a quote from him later. OneEighty is local to me but I heard from Tom at BavGruppe that Vito is the best at these F10 lights.
Yes, Was referring to One Eighty. Never reached out to them for my F10 and never really did anything with them. But I have seen their work on countless other cars and its pretty clean. Few guys I met had their E70 X5M headlights done and it looked mint. Also had a friend that took is Lexus IS in for that honeycomb projector look.
It doesn't have the same clean cut look as the OEM, meaning you can clearly tell that its aftermarket work. But, their work is top notch.
2013 F10 M5- Rest in peace
2015 F15 X5 50I
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 04:58 PM   #139
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyMan'sBMW View Post

Yes, Was referring to One Eighty. Never reached out to them for my F10 and never really did anything with them. But I have seen their work on countless other cars and its pretty clean. Few guys I met had their E70 X5M headlights done and it looked mint. Also had a friend that took is Lexus IS in for that honeycomb projector look.
It doesn't have the same clean cut look as the OEM, meaning you can clearly tell that its aftermarket work. But, their work is top notch.
Cool, yeah I'm currently in talks with Vito trying to come up with a design. I just want a clean updated looks
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 06:39 PM   #140
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Cool, yeah I'm currently in talks with Vito trying to come up with a design. I just want a clean updated looks
Vito sent me some sick concepts and all said and done, the price will be just about the same as these Umnitza lights. I actually reached out to Umnitza as well and they told me they currently don't have any sets available for LCI and couldn't provide me a timeline of when they would be able to. Makes my decision even easier.

I wonder what the difference between their pre-LCI and LCI xenon lights are anyway. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to interchange aside from some slight wiring modification and/or coding.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 01:58 PM   #141
skybmw
Rep
Drives: Bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiza3k View Post
Just installed the headlights and made sure that both are installed and plugged in first before turning the car on to test.

It looks like the passenger headlight and high beam works but my daytime running lights(angel eyes) and also the turn signal isn't working.

Is this a defective headlight? Or does it just require coding?

Hi, im facing the same problem with mine. Did you got yours fixed? Is this has something to do with coding or its the headlight that need to be changed? Waiting for your answer thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 02:04 PM   #142
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybmw View Post
Quote:
Just installed the headlights and made sure that both are installed and plugged in first before turning the car on to test.

It looks like the passenger headlight and high beam works but my daytime running lights(angel eyes) and also the turn signal isn't working.

Hi, im facing the same problem with mine. Did you got yours fixed? Is this has something to do with coding or its the headlight that need to be changed? Waiting for your answer thank you!
I had the same issue with mine. Ended up being a problem with the lights themselves. I reinstalled my OEM lights and got a refund on the umnitzas.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 02:50 PM   #143
skybmw
Rep

Quote:
I had the same issue with mine. Ended up being a problem with the lights themselves. I reinstalled my OEM lights and got a refund on the umnitzas.

I don’t understand everyone has different opinions about this situation and i don’t have a proper answer. Some says they faced the same problem but got it fixed with coding and some says its the headlight. As you can see on this forum he faced the same problem and he mentioned that it just need some coding and he got it fixed

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453450

I have an appointment tomorrow with a guy that supposed to be very professional with Bmw coding. I will see if he can fix it or otherwise i must return it. But i really wish i can find a way to make it work because it’s beautiful the light.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 02:54 PM   #144
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I don’t understand everyone has different opinions about this situation and i don’t have a proper answer. Some says they faced the same problem but got it fixed with coding and some says its the headlight. As you can see on this forum he faced the same problem and he mentioned that it just need some coding and he got it fixed

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453450

I have an appointment tomorrow with a guy that supposed to be very professional with Bmw coding. I will see if he can fix it or otherwise i must return it. But i really wish i can find a way to make it work because it’s beautiful the light.
I don't know what to tell you. The coding is mainly for the adaptive headlights error you will get as Umnitza does not have the adaptive lights. Mainly that is what the coding taking care of. My one light worked and the other side did not. I could also tell a difference in the color of the running lights, they did not match. Now the non matching lights, upper light not working on one side and the side marker not working I sent them back.

Hopefully yours is an easy fix but I don't think coding will fix it. GL
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 03:04 PM   #145
skybmw
Rep

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you. The coding is mainly for the adaptive headlights error you will get as Umnitza does not have the adaptive lights. Mainly that is what the coding taking care of. My one light worked and the other side did not. I could also tell a difference in the color of the running lights, they did not match. Now the non matching lights, upper light not working on one side and the side marker not working I sent them back.

Thank you! Btw I’m not saying you are wrong. You could be right which it make sense but i just don't understand how some fixed this problem with coding.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 03:05 PM   #146
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you! Btw I’m not saying you are wrong. You could be right which it make sense but i just don't understand how some fixed this problem with coding.
No worries I'm not saying I'm 100% right, just saying in my case it was a problem with the lights themselves. Good luck hopefully yours is a minor coding issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 09:33 AM   #147
naiza3k
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

This was due to the headlight and nothing to do with coding.

Previous: 2015 X5 Graphite, |All options| - 2014 435i Xdrive Msport, |Fully Loaded|6MT|FBO|JB4|Front,side,rear lips/spoilers|- 2015 320i Xdrive, |Wife's beater| - 2008 535i Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 09:36 AM   #148
skybmw
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you remember the problem of the headlight?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 09:38 AM   #149
naiza3k
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you remember the problem of the headlight?
One of the headlights worked and the other did not.

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #150
fazi13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Manual

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

If that shop I’d OneEighty or something, they buy umnitza lights and resell them... (this is for F30) I believe they no longer sell F30 lights after that scandal
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 06:39 PM   #151
escreation
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:

I just installed mine, it has the same issue as you. Both Headlight works, but running light and turn signal not working on the passenger side. Contacted Umnitza, see what they would reply.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 07:18 PM   #152
SapphireM5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escreation View Post
I just installed mine, it has the same issue as you. Both Headlight works, but running light and turn signal not working on the passenger side. Contacted Umnitza, see what they would reply.
Good luck......
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 08:20 PM   #153
escreation
Rep

Thank you, I think I need luck on this one, hopefully, Umnitza would send the replacement that could work.

I will post progress here for you guys who think to spend $2k and hope headlight would work. The quality of headlights is nice, not exactly BMW quality, but nicer than most aftermarket headlights that I have to seem, installation is flawless.

After installed the headlights, it got a bunch error code as I expected, I contacted SF BMW Coding Adrian to see if he could fix all the issues by code. He states he can fix all except turn signal issue, he helped me troubleshoot the issues without charging me anything(super nice guys, please dont take advantage of this). See the photos for reference

- Both headlight works
- Passenger side turn signal not working
- Running light not working (should able to fix by code)

Sent the email to Umnitza today (Sunday), will keep you guys update

Last edited by escreation; 08-09-2020 at 08:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 08:23 PM   #154
escreation
Rep

See attched photos
Attached Images

Appreciate 0