Registered
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

2014 M5 Competition - Moonstone Metallic

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Unfortunately for me it’s time to part ways with one of the best cars I have ever owned (I’ve had over 40 cars!). I’ve recently started a new business and haven’t had time to drive the car much. In fact, I’ve only put a few hundred miles on the car in the last 6 months. So, it’s time to let someone else enjoy it.

Approximately 40,200 miles.

The car is in excellent condition cosmetically and mechanically and has been well maintained with records. It has been parked in an enclosed garage.

Competition Package and Executive Package.

The car has Moonstone Metallic paint that is unique and beautiful. It’s a metallic sliver base with very slight hues of blue that show up in the right light. The car has been ceramic coated.

Front tires have 6k miles and the rear tires have 4k. The tires are Michelins.

The brake pads were changed with new pads that don’t dust near as much as the oem pads. The oem pads come with the car in boxes.

The car comes with the factory carpeted floor mats and also the factory all-weather mats, including an all-weather trunk mat.

The engine and the rest of the powertrain is mechanically as it came from the factory. I purchased a stage 1 tune from Open Flash Performance and installed it in 2018. I had no desire to turn this very comfortable car into something that lived on the ragged edge and compromised any of its daily drivability. This tune is absolutely fantastic! The car drives just as smoothly as it did when it was completely stock until you put your foot to the floor. Once you do that, you better be ready! Open Flash says this tune should make approximately 680 hp to the wheels. I previously had a tuned and modified 996 911 Turbo and this M5 would blow the 911 away with ease. The Open Flash tuning computer comes with the car and can be used to flash the car back to stock anytime you would like.

Pictures below. I also attached the VIN with all the options the car came with from the factory.

Asking price is $44,900. Please don't ask what my bottom dollar price is. If you are interested just make me an offer and I will respond promptly.

Contact me at (seven/one/three) three/nine/eight - zero/five/five/zero or mikemc "at" pobox.com if you are seriously interested. I am not interested in trades. The car is located on the west side of Houston in Katy, TX.

Thanks,
Mike McClure

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf bimmer.pdf (194.9 KB, 156 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 01:35 PM   #2
E30 turbo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

I think I just purchased this car from a dealer in Ohio. The vin is wbsfv9c53ed593224. If this was your car please let me know. I am wondering if the tune is still in the car. Thanks! Russ
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2022, 03:21 PM   #3
Fast.F10
Extruding Elements
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp

Garage List
2016 BMW M5 F10  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 turbo View Post
I think I just purchased this car from a dealer in Ohio. The vin is wbsfv9c53ed593224. If this was your car please let me know. I am wondering if the tune is still in the car. Thanks! Russ
Seeing how only 1 post from the Seller, doubtful for a reply. Most people flash ack to stock. I left my stage 1 on when I sold my F10...forgot to revert. Bonus for the next person..until they dont know to use 1 colder than stock on plugs *oops*.
2006 BMW M5
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 06:35 PM   #4
E30 turbo
Registered
Rep

Pretty sure the tune is still there. The car ran a 11.55 at 124mph at the track today. Took down a 911 turbo as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 10:36 AM   #5
mikes14M5
Registered
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Hi Russ,

I was the one who posted the ad last year. When I sold the car it had a Stage 1 tune from OpenFlash on it. I gave the tuning device to the buyer. However, the buyer was a car broker, so It may have gotten lost along the way.

That tune was awesome. Not only did the performance increase, the drivability got better as well.

I miss the car, but am glad to see someone else enjoying it!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 05:38 PM   #6
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes14M5 View Post
Hi Russ,

I was the one who posted the ad last year. When I sold the car it had a Stage 1 tune from OpenFlash on it. I gave the tuning device to the buyer. However, the buyer was a car broker, so It may have gotten lost along the way.

That tune was awesome. Not only did the performance increase, the drivability got better as well.

I miss the car, but am glad to see someone else enjoying it!
Not trying to hi-jack the thread but I have a OpenFlash unit if anyone needs one.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 08:43 PM   #7
E30 turbo
Registered
Rep

I absolutely love the car, the only negative is along the way they switched out the steering wheel for an older model as well. I will get it replaced soon with the correct wheel. It only has 44k now so it has sat for quite a while since the sale. It is showing no tuning software on my scanner so I am guessing the wheel and tune left the car at the toy barn on Ohio or the last owner who had it for a couple months. Glad to know the car came from a good home and was well cared for. It is the perfect mate for my turbo e30 convertible.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 08:44 PM   #8
E30 turbo
Registered
Rep

How much are you asking for the tune?
Appreciate 0