M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-14-2021, 10:35 AM   #89
lvevo
Private First Class
62
Rep
152
Posts

Drives: Evo 9, Focus RS
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: IE, CA

iTrader: (0)

About Jack, well he dribbles well so maybe that is what Pep is looking for. He, Pep, is said to be able to develop the “hidden” talents out of players so we will see what comes out of this.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 11:56 AM   #90
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12693
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Fantastic start of the new season for Chelsea. I am very impressed with Chalobah. What a goal he had today and overall performance. He can be a difference maker for this squad this season. They didn't even have Lukaku or Kante in the lineup yet. These guys are going to have to be considered a favorite to win the title this season.
Appreciate 1
e90Nate277.50
      08-15-2021, 12:35 PM   #91
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15880
Rep
9,191
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvevo View Post
About Jack, well he dribbles well so maybe that is what Pep is looking for. He, Pep, is said to be able to develop the “hidden” talents out of players so we will see what comes out of this.
Plus, with all the material they save on his stockings they can pay him more
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 03:25 PM   #92
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12693
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

BTW I watched Grealish's debut with City today and was not impressed. Him and his stupid haircut isn't worth the $$ they paid him. Lol.
Appreciate 1
e90Nate277.50
      08-15-2021, 06:10 PM   #93
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
278
Rep
2,147
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Fantastic start of the new season for Chelsea. I am very impressed with Chalobah. What a goal he had today and overall performance. He can be a difference maker for this squad this season. They didn't even have Lukaku or Kante in the lineup yet. These guys are going to have to be considered a favorite to win the title this season.
Very good from a young player! I can't wait to see this team in full form! No Kante no Lukaku no Tiago Silva, havertz didn't start. And the icing on the cake was city losing to Tottenham without Harry Kane!
__________________
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12692.50
      08-15-2021, 09:31 PM   #94
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12693
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

^^It could also be a sign that Tottenham may actually be pretty good with their new manager, even w/o Kane. Anyway, it's going to be a fun season. I love the fact Chelsea has Tuchel from the start this time around and now with a lot more confidence among the players.
Appreciate 1
e90Nate277.50
      08-16-2021, 10:36 AM   #95
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
278
Rep
2,147
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
^^It could also be a sign that Tottenham may actually be pretty good with their new manager, even w/o Kane. Anyway, it's going to be a fun season. I love the fact Chelsea has Tuchel from the start this time around and now with a lot more confidence among the players.
yeah its going to be an interesting season, we have really great depth, although I did hear Tammy Abraham to AS Roma should be confirmed today too.

Manchester United look good this weekend too, I hope its a tight season!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 10:55 AM   #96
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12693
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Yeah can't forget about Liverpool either. Obviously they were champions 2 seasons ago and pretty much have the same roster if I'm not mistaken. Injuries plagued them last season.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 06:41 PM   #97
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15880
Rep
9,191
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Am I correct that United is top of the table on +4 GD????
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 10:17 PM   #98
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12693
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Am I correct that United is top of the table on +4 GD????
Yep. Enjoy it while you can.
Appreciate 1
e90Nate277.50
      08-16-2021, 10:18 PM   #99
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12693
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Back to the surprising player Trevoh Chalobah. I hope Tuchel keeps him in the squad because he has proven himself so far.

https://sports.yahoo.com/trevoh-chal...100526415.html
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 09:10 AM   #100
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
278
Rep
2,147
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
^^^we need strong defence! and Tammy Abraham is gone to AS Roma as of today^^^
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 11:35 AM   #101
lvevo
Private First Class
62
Rep
152
Posts

Drives: Evo 9, Focus RS
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: IE, CA

iTrader: (0)

Need a good young defender the can learn from Silva. Even with limited speed, Silva knows how to position himself good to defend
__________________
Passively looking for a F80 M3 Competition & Executive w/ manual trans in all colors but black. Prefer 2018 and Carbon Cloth seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 04:41 PM   #102
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12693
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Actually I think the aforementioned Trevoh Chalobah can fill that role. Seems he can play either center back or defensive midfielder. By what I've seen so far, he's clearly gifted and has also impressed Tuchel considering he started in the Super Cup as well as the first game of the new season. Seems Alonso has a lot left in the tank.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 08:48 AM   #103
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
278
Rep
2,147
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Actually I think the aforementioned Trevoh Chalobah can fill that role. Seems he can play either center back or defensive midfielder. By what I've seen so far, he's clearly gifted and has also impressed Tuchel considering he started in the Super Cup as well as the first game of the new season. Seems Alonso has a lot left in the tank.
yeah Chalobah must have impressed Tuchel because he has played some important games, I heard there were rumors we were going after Kounde but those died down after we signed Lukaku.

Marcos Alonso is playing amazing I am surprised considering we were offering him up in a cash plus offer for Lukaku, we have a lot of depth considering Chillwell is still on the bench in favor of Alonso.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 10:24 AM   #104
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12693
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Nate View Post
yeah Chalobah must have impressed Tuchel because he has played some important games, I heard there were rumors we were going after Kounde but those died down after we signed Lukaku.

Marcos Alonso is playing amazing I am surprised considering we were offering him up in a cash plus offer for Lukaku, we have a lot of depth considering Chillwell is still on the bench in favor of Alonso.
I had almost forgotten about Chillwell. I guess Tuchel hasn't been very impressed with his play. Actually I wasn't either towards the latter part of his stint at Chelsea. He seemed to make too many mistakes. With that incredible free kick goal by Alonso, that probably didn't help Chillwell's cause. Lol.

I can't wait for the next game. Looking forward to seeing Lukaku play.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 11:14 AM   #105
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
278
Rep
2,147
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
I had almost forgotten about Chillwell. I guess Tuchel hasn't been very impressed with his play. Actually I wasn't either towards the latter part of his stint at Chelsea. He seemed to make too many mistakes. With that incredible free kick goal by Alonso, that probably didn't help Chillwell's cause. Lol.

I can't wait for the next game. Looking forward to seeing Lukaku play.
yeah me too! Chillwell also didnt play at all at the euros, I am curious what the final starting 11 will look like, Reece James didn't play last game, Hudson Odoi, Kai Havertz came on late too, our bench is pretty spectacular lol.

I can't wait for the next game either! Lukaku better be wearing the number 9 now that Tammy is gone lol.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 11:55 AM   #106
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12693
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

With all that being said, I can't help but wonder whether Werner is going to pull his head out. I mean, from what I've seen of him in this new season, he is the same. Can't seem to capitalize on opportunities but perhaps Lukaku being in the mix will change things. Problem has always been his inability to put the ball in the back of the net no matter what. It's hard to believe he was a prolific scorer in the Bundesliga.

In the end, there is no other team in the league with this kind of depth. It's going to be fun to watch.
Appreciate 1
e90Nate277.50
      08-18-2021, 12:02 PM   #107
Steeler
Colonel
2240
Rep
2,634
Posts

Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kitchener Ontario Canada

iTrader: (2)

My bit on Grealish.
Been a Villa fan all my life (59 yrs old). I can't remember a more impact player for the Villa.
Having said that he is just another star among so many at City.
Be hard to stand out honestly. City is the sum of all parts though and he wants trophies.
He will do well at City.
__________________
Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting,RS4 MAF(soon to be Alpha N), 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.64LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly,Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 01:05 PM   #108
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
278
Rep
2,147
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
My bit on Grealish.
Been a Villa fan all my life (59 yrs old). I can't remember a more impact player for the Villa.
Having said that he is just another star among so many at City.
Be hard to stand out honestly. City is the sum of all parts though and he wants trophies.
He will do well at City.
he could have went down as a club legend had he stayed! and just wait until Pep wants to make an example out of him, I dont like the culture at City. But at the end of the day he will win some trophies.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 01:07 PM   #109
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
278
Rep
2,147
Posts

Drives: '11 335 xdrive msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
With all that being said, I can't help but wonder whether Werner is going to pull his head out. I mean, from what I've seen of him in this new season, he is the same. Can't seem to capitalize on opportunities but perhaps Lukaku being in the mix will change things. Problem has always been his inability to put the ball in the back of the net no matter what. It's hard to believe he was a prolific scorer in the Bundesliga.

In the end, there is no other team in the league with this kind of depth. It's going to be fun to watch.
I think Lukaku's arrival will help Timo, he makes great runs and sets up plays nicely but the finishing hasn't been there, maybe too much pressure? Lukaku will make more space for him and help alleviate the pressures of finishing every chance. I think Lukaku is going to take this team to another level. Cant wait to see how his first game plays out against arsenal!
__________________
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12692.50
      08-18-2021, 01:27 PM   #110
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
12693
Rep
2,712
Posts

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: ATL

iTrader: (0)

I think Kai Havertz is ready to break through this season. After all, he had the winning goal in the Champions League final and has played well ever since. He'll prove to be a better investment than Timo I think.
Appreciate 1
e90Nate277.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST