M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

04-09-2022, 09:07 AM   #1
ruben356
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 _ San Marino Blue

Suspension Refresh

Hey all, currently at 70k and looking to do a suspension refresh as I am getting creaks and groans at low speeds from the front suspension. What are people doing when addressing this, swapping out bushings for more performance based feel or just a complete OEM replacement kit on arms and bushings?

I will be doing more aesthetic mods now to my car, and this will included lowering springs or more advanced suspension, so keeping the car 100% OEM is not on my agenda, so I am ok either way. Just want to know peoples experiences on going with individual bushings and ball joint changes. Also will be doing the work myself, so is it worth the hassle to press these things in/out, or is it minimal difference and I should just get a kit from like FCP euro and be done with it? I don't track the car or anything like that for what its worth, its more of a weekend highway cruiser/missile for me. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 04:54 PM   #2
SmokinJoe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP, 2019 X5 40i

Get a set of kw v3 coil overs and replace your control arms. Sway bar bushings and end links would be a good idea too. You can get after market front upper arms that give you more negative camber if you want a little extra performance. That would be where I would start with a suspension refresh.
Replacing the entire arm is way less work than trying to press in new bushings and ball joints. Factory replacement stuff works great for street driven cars. Perfect combination of comfort and performance.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2022, 09:10 AM   #3
ruben356
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 _ San Marino Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe View Post
Get a set of kw v3 coil overs and replace your control arms. Sway bar bushings and end links would be a good idea too. You can get after market front upper arms that give you more negative camber if you want a little extra performance. That would be where I would start with a suspension refresh.
Replacing the entire arm is way less work than trying to press in new bushings and ball joints. Factory replacement stuff works great for street driven cars. Perfect combination of comfort and performance.
Thanks, I have been looking at the KW kit and also air suspension. Just wanting to go a little different with this build, and costs about the same between both. I will be replacing, everything that I can access front and back, bushing/suspension wise. I will look into the more performance upper arms.
Appreciate 0