M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

07-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #23
ddas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Daytona Violet M3

I have to say, we aren't cheap at Detailed Designs Auto Spa as Mitesh noted. But I and many clients feel we are an excellent value for the quality. There are a lot of factors that play into our prices.

We do business different from any other detail shop in the state. Some of the things that make us different:
-We don't just throw prices at customers. We spend a lot of time with each client searching for the best long term solution for their issues/needs.
-We do not up sell. Ever. We educate and make all the known potential solutions known and then look to the client to decide the direction they want to go.
-We down sell, a lot. I can't count how many people have approached us with a "more is better" attitude and after learning the clients needs and educating the client, suggested they go with the less expensive service because it was a better fit for their needs. (iirc Mitesh, when we originally spoke I suggested you not pay for 3 or 4 coatings of CQuartz because I thought it was overkill beyond 2, despite our making less money...even though it ended up where we didn't do the work)
-We spend more time on every project than anyone else. Our hourly rate is practically the same as any other professional shop. But we don't have a whatever's fastest attitude. Anyone can do quick work and have results that look just like someone just did a quick job. We spend a lot of time(which increases cost) because our clients aren't looking for quick work. For instance, we don't offer 8 hour paint correction jobs -our paint correction starts at 20+ hours and it shows.
-We are constantly refining processes and product lines. We spend a lot of time and money to keep the absolute best products and services on tap. It would be easy to only sell/install Opti-Coat Pro. But we have clients that want more than that. For that reason, we offer many long term solutions.
-I take the lead on paint correction, detail, clear bra and/or coatings projects and training in my shop and do this full-time as my only means of income. This means we are the most well rounded and capable for these large projects. It's true that other shops can sub out work, but I do it at DDAS. This means that I can work these services together perfectly. When clear bra is removed, clients don't have to worry about marring from the clear bra installer that doesn't care about paint condition. I do have a few guys that work for me, but I would put them up against many other guys. My staff is awesome and helps me get really big projects done in a reasonable time.
-We educate our clients on how to maintain the finish of the automobile that they just spent a lot of money restoring or protecting. We do this through free detailing/washing clinics for our clients.
-The boutique detailing products you can buy online are the ones we use. We don't use the cheap garbage. Btw, when we are done, our clients can buy the same products at our shop. To my knowledge, no one else in the state offers these products. They must be purchased online.
-I am an industry expert that is published in print media as well as an online author and blogger that helps the community with quality detailing and business content.
-We offer high def video and quality photo galleries of our extensive detailing and clear bra projects which gives an honest window into the quality of our work.
-I LIVE this stuff. It's 1:30 am and I am online researching and working.

There is a lot more to us than just this, but offhand, these are some major bullet points. We keep busy despite the premium prices. At the same time, we recognize we are not for everyone.
Appreciate 0