Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #45
The Kid
Learning New Things
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 Competition Package

Quick Question:

I'm looking to do a Dinan S1 package on my '15 M5. What Stage would that make my car?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #46
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamara13
Quick Question:

I'm looking to do a Dinan S1 package on my '15 M5. What Stage would that make my car?
Stage 2 tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 05:00 PM   #47
The Kid
Learning New Things
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by akamara13
Quick Question:

Stage 2 tune.
Sexy! Here's a question: Does DINAN have a preferred place in which to do upgrades in NYC?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 05:11 PM   #48
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
Sexy! Here's a question: Does DINAN have a preferred place in which to do upgrades in NYC?
Depends on where in NYC. We have quite a few dealers in the city. If you are looking for a dealership the Habberstad stores or Rallye are both good choices but if you are closer to North Jersey there is also Prestige BMW in Ramsey which is also a solid choice. There are also many independents depending on the burrough you are in M-Spec and Minhs in Brooklyn, Motorcepts in Queens, Elite Motorsports in Farmingdale and then you also have Motorworks West in North Jersey. I'm sure I am missing a quality dealer in that area but those are the ones that come to the top of my head at least.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #49
The Kid
Learning New Things
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
Depends on where in NYC. We have quite a few dealers in the city. If you are looking for a dealership the Habberstad stores or Rallye are both good choices but if you are closer to North Jersey there is also Prestige BMW in Ramsey which is also a solid choice. There are also many independents depending on the burrough you are in M-Spec and Minhs in Brooklyn, Motorcepts in Queens, Elite Motorsports in Farmingdale and then you also have Motorworks West in North Jersey. I'm sure I am missing a quality dealer in that area but those are the ones that come to the top of my head at least.
Excellent. I have an appointment next Tuesday at Rallye. I did my 550xi there. They were good and thorough but I wasn't sure if there was anywhere else you guys, as a company, thought was good.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 10:29 AM   #50
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Had 550i tuned by Dinan before and paid 3500$ and then Suspension Software 800$ and then I got a call from dealership a few months later that Suspension software was never on the car! And we had our lottle fight over the phone and then they refunded the money with no hassle , then I sold the car to an enthusiast in Atlanta and I was told mater that the car didn't even have the Stage 2 Dinan and that they did it for him again!!

How sweet
I paid 4300$ for the big "D"
In my case was the "Dinan Delusion"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't doubt Dinan personally but if he has morons installing his software outside his facility then I am never coming back !!

Dealership BMW was in Greensboro NC and I can be more specific

Bad memories
Bad memories

Almost scam!!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 10:35 AM   #51
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Had 550i tuned by Dinan before and paid 3500$ and then Suspension Software 800$ and then I got a call from dealership a few months later that Suspension software was never on the car! And we had our lottle fight over the phone and then they refunded the money with no hassle , then I sold the car to an enthusiast in Atlanta and I was told mater that the car didn't even have the Stage 2 Dinan and that they did it for him again!!

How sweet
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't doubt Dinan personally but if he has morons installing his software outside his facility then I am never coming back !!

Bad memories
Bad memories

Almost scam!!
It was probably the dealer that scammed you and not Dinan. Either that or an inept BMW technician at the dealer who didn't really know what they were doing. In either case, that sucks.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #52
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

How sweet
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad memories
Bad memories

Almost scam!!
Sorry you had a bad experience in the past. Dealerships sometimes are frustrating to deal for all involved because of their high turnover and constantly having to teach the same protocols over and over again. Its unfortunately, the nature of the beast when working with certain dealerships with high turnover. Luckily, more often then not, they are pretty far between though and most of the dealers are pretty solid or at least.

We try to make the whole process as simple and error proof as humanly possible but some people still find a way. =)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 08:49 PM   #53
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Sorry you had a bad experience in the past. Dealerships sometimes are frustrating to deal for all involved because of their high turnover and constantly having to teach the same protocols over and over again. Its unfortunately, the nature of the beast when working with certain dealerships with high turnover. Luckily, more often then not, they are pretty far between though and most of the dealers are pretty solid or at least.

We try to make the whole process as simple and error proof as humanly possible but some people still find a way. =)
I wish that were the case !!
But this man claimed to have known Steve and worked with him more thank 15 years ago! I am sure by me saying where Dealership is and how long he has known Steve from New York he said or sow thing like that!! You or a my know whom I talking about !
I was simply your biggest fan and he has turned me into what I am now!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 08:47 AM   #54
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wish that were the case !!
But this man claimed to have known Steve and worked with him more thank 15 years ago! I am sure by me saying where Dealership is and how long he has known Steve from New York he said or sow thing like that!! You or a my know whom I talking about !
I was simply your biggest fan and he has turned me into what I am now!
Well I think its safe to say this guy at the dealership guy fed you a bunch of crap unfortunately. I know the dealer in question but don't know of anyone from there that has had any meaningful relationship with Steve in the past 2 decades. Interesting... have to do some research/digging now... you've got my curiosity peaked. If you want to PM me the guys name that would be great.
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2015, 02:38 AM   #55
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

With almost 700 Hp and only rear wheel drive do you get a lot of wheel spin?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #56
The Kid
Learning New Things
United_States
Rep

Got the S1 package with the Black Tips and dropped my M5 by 1.5". Very very very worth it. In fact, this kit was apparently easier than the S2 package placed into my 550xi.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #57
The Kid
Learning New Things
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer
With almost 700 Hp and only rear wheel drive do you get a lot of wheel spin?
Not so much wheel spin for me. The only time I'll get some spin is if I'm coming around a corner after a dead stop.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 04:52 PM   #58
Scott@Radar-Mirror.com
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

Is the Dinan software going to be released for the electronic wastegate cars at some point?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #59
HappyMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

+1 for the electronic wastegate. Very tempted for Dinan stage 2 piggy.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #60
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Radar-Mirror.com View Post
Is the Dinan software going to be released for the electronic wastegate cars at some point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMan View Post
+1 for the electronic wastegate. Very tempted for Dinan stage 2 piggy.
An electronic wastegate version of a V8 car would have to exist before we could develop a tune for one. To date we have never seen such an animal and it is seemingly becoming more likely we will not see one in this model. We have looked up cars up until a late September 2015 production date and they have all used mechanical wastegates.

I would urge you to do a physical check on your car (identification guide can be found in the DINANTRONICS install instructions on our website on the associated product page) as chances are that you have a mechanical wastegate.
Appreciate 0