M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-15-2019, 11:52 PM   #1
allmotor_2000
F10 1/4 WR: 9.9s / 142.5mph 1/2 WR: 175.5mph
1002
Rep
1,964
Posts

Drives: 2018 RS3, 991 Turbo
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Westlake Village, CA

iTrader: (0)

New projects post-M5

Well after all the M5 love, I moved away and have been playing with two special builds.

First is the 2018 RS3. Crazy little car...! Did a motor and big turbo from IROZ and the car is pulling 5.0s 60-130 on the street with oem tires and full weight. Itís astonishingly fast for a 5cyl 2.5L. I daily drive it and itís completely useable except that it runs E85 which needs some planning. The IROZ car which is nearly identical did a 4.3s 60-130 with boost on kill mode and a lot of weight reduction. If I can do 4.9s full weight it would be pretty special in my opinion.

Also decided to build the 911tt. Went for a 4.0L John Bray motor but still stock frame turbos. Havenít done any 60-130 revently but it did 185.5 in the 1/2 which is pretty quick for those turbos. Another car (same build) did a 9.3 @ 150 on MTís with 4.8s 60-130 so it has potential!

I still am disappointed to not really take the 2nd M5 to its potential. It was on a great path when it got destroyed. I honestly think that car would have gotten to a 4.7s 60-130 at max power and weight reduction.

The crazy part is that these other platforms and possibly the F90 can achieve similar performance on oem tires. On the M5 I could never floor it until 4th gear even on R888ís. These AWD cars are so much more useable.

Anyways, will be back to a BMW at some point but the other German cars are pretty good as well!

Still lurking...
Appreciate 3
Tanin34.00

      01-16-2019, 12:25 PM   #2
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
517
Rep
1,538
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Well after all the M5 love, I moved away and have been playing with two special builds.

First is the 2018 RS3. Crazy little car...! Did a motor and big turbo from IROZ and the car is pulling 5.0s 60-130 on the street with oem tires and full weight. Itís astonishingly fast for a 5cyl 2.5L. I daily drive it and itís completely useable except that it runs E85 which needs some planning. The IROZ car which is nearly identical did a 4.3s 60-130 with boost on kill mode and a lot of weight reduction. If I can do 4.9s full weight it would be pretty special in my opinion.

Also decided to build the 911tt. Went for a 4.0L John Bray motor but still stock frame turbos. Havenít done any 60-130 revently but it did 185.5 in the 1/2 which is pretty quick for those turbos. Another car (same build) did a 9.3 @ 150 on MTís with 4.8s 60-130 so it has potential!

I still am disappointed to not really take the 2nd M5 to its potential. It was on a great path when it got destroyed. I honestly think that car would have gotten to a 4.7s 60-130 at max power and weight reduction.

The crazy part is that these other platforms and possibly the F90 can achieve similar performance on oem tires. On the M5 I could never floor it until 4th gear even on R888ís. These AWD cars are so much more useable.

Anyways, will be back to a BMW at some point but the other German cars are pretty good as well!

Still lurking...
Thanks for the update, always enjoyed reading about your F10s.

There is always the M8 for you to come back to
__________________
SCOTT26 "So as an admirer of the M5 and a potential customer of an M5 Touring. I would run naked around the streets of Garching if they were to offer one."
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 03:34 AM   #3
Mr. M6
FEEL THE POWER
Mr. M6's Avatar
Bahrain
74
Rep
363
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bahrain

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 GC  [4.50]
Rs3 with bigger turbo etc.. its like rocket on the street, thats really good project, and Porsche the same with little modifications can fly, bmw cars little heavy i think thats why.
__________________
M6 GC CP + AMS CATLESS DP + AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST + MSR INTAKE=
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 03:29 PM   #4
steeve13m
Second Lieutenant
45
Rep
294
Posts

Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Well after all the M5 love, I moved away and have been playing with two special builds.

First is the 2018 RS3. Crazy little car...! Did a motor and big turbo from IROZ and the car is pulling 5.0s 60-130 on the street with oem tires and full weight. Itís astonishingly fast for a 5cyl 2.5L. I daily drive it and itís completely useable except that it runs E85 which needs some planning. The IROZ car which is nearly identical did a 4.3s 60-130 with boost on kill mode and a lot of weight reduction. If I can do 4.9s full weight it would be pretty special in my opinion.

Also decided to build the 911tt. Went for a 4.0L John Bray motor but still stock frame turbos. Havenít done any 60-130 revently but it did 185.5 in the 1/2 which is pretty quick for those turbos. Another car (same build) did a 9.3 @ 150 on MTís with 4.8s 60-130 so it has potential!

I still am disappointed to not really take the 2nd M5 to its potential. It was on a great path when it got destroyed. I honestly think that car would have gotten to a 4.7s 60-130 at max power and weight reduction.

The crazy part is that these other platforms and possibly the F90 can achieve similar performance on oem tires. On the M5 I could never floor it until 4th gear even on R888ís. These AWD cars are so much more useable.

Anyways, will be back to a BMW at some point but the other German cars are pretty good as well!

Still lurking...
yes bro just got the 19 M5 competition and can tell you its light years ahead on traction......you should definitely ditch the RS3 and come back!
__________________
2019 F90 M5 Competition - Marina bay Blue Pearl - Executive and Bowers & Wilkins package
Gone:2013 F10 M5-DCT-Montecarlo Pearl Blue-BBMR 800 Stage 1 system 700whp+(93oct)
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo-Manual-Giallo Midas Pearl Yellow-Modified
2018 Range Rover Velar S-White
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 12:25 AM   #5
allmotor_2000
F10 1/4 WR: 9.9s / 142.5mph 1/2 WR: 175.5mph
1002
Rep
1,964
Posts

Drives: 2018 RS3, 991 Turbo
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Westlake Village, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeve13m View Post
yes bro just got the 19 M5 competition and can tell you its light years ahead on traction......you should definitely ditch the RS3 and come back!
I can have two RS3ís running low 9ís for one F90 M5
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 11:47 AM   #6
allmotor_2000
F10 1/4 WR: 9.9s / 142.5mph 1/2 WR: 175.5mph
1002
Rep
1,964
Posts

Drives: 2018 RS3, 991 Turbo
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Westlake Village, CA

iTrader: (0)

Update:

RS3 is running 4.9x 60-130 in 3000+ DA... so should be in the 4.7-4.8s range @ sea level. This is full weight on OEM wheels/tires. Car is insane and this is in daily-driver mode.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #7
Imran@Evolve
Imran@Evolve's Avatar
United Kingdom
1842
Rep
2,995
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3, M2
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bedfordshire UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Update:

RS3 is running 4.9x 60-130 in 3000+ DA... so should be in the 4.7-4.8s range @ sea level. This is full weight on OEM wheels/tires. Car is insane and this is in daily-driver mode.
The RS3 is a crazy little platform. We picked up one a few weeks ago as a project car. Hybrid turbo going on this week.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 06:36 PM   #8
allmotor_2000
F10 1/4 WR: 9.9s / 142.5mph 1/2 WR: 175.5mph
1002
Rep
1,964
Posts

Drives: 2018 RS3, 991 Turbo
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Westlake Village, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
The RS3 is a crazy little platform. We picked up one a few weeks ago as a project car. Hybrid turbo going on this week.
Agreed - phenomenal platform.

Good luck with your projects!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #9
Pikey Motorsports
Lieutenant
Pikey Motorsports's Avatar
United Kingdom
98
Rep
411
Posts

Drives: M5
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bristol

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Update:

RS3 is running 4.9x 60-130 in 3000+ DA... so should be in the 4.7-4.8s range @ sea level. This is full weight on OEM wheels/tires. Car is insane and this is in daily-driver mode.
4.9 60-130 or 100-200? What mods for these numbers and power
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #10
allmotor_2000
F10 1/4 WR: 9.9s / 142.5mph 1/2 WR: 175.5mph
1002
Rep
1,964
Posts

Drives: 2018 RS3, 991 Turbo
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Westlake Village, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Motorsports View Post
4.9 60-130 or 100-200? What mods for these numbers and power
It's 4.7s now 60-130MPH.

Built motor along with everything else. Full weight on E80... car is a beast.

Check out on my IG: allmotor_2000
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST