Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 CP M5

Garage List
2015 BMW 528i  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2015 BMW CP M5  [0.00]
Any recent solutions for CEL light Catless DP without a tune?

2015 comp m5

So I have been trying to read through all of the threads that I can for this issue. So far I have come to the following possible answers for certain common questions:

1. JB4 can no longer auto delete the CEL due to firmware updates? It was also only broad deleting codes including the cat light every time it came on.

2. The o2 loop is what causes the light so a flash is the only true way to delete said process and truly remove the light?

3. The cold start process is mainly (or all) for quicker warm up with the cats so going catless means no cold start needed?

Has anyone offered a copy of the stock settings with just the o2 loop removed as a basic flash? I swear I came across a site while browsing that had a list of certain "small" flashes to simply remove features not wanted that required flashing, but for the life of me I cant remember where. It had a list of obd adapter pics and ranged $50 - x amount of dollars. Cold Start Delete, Catless Delete, Speed limit removal. I basically want to buy a stage 1/2 tune with all 3 of those features added but without the tune lol. Any recent news about running too lean/rich when going catless and no tune?

Installs are happening Thursday and I'll post updates. I'm having a dyno done to show stock numbers, and I'll do it again in maybe 800 - 1000 miles to see what kind of effect these AMS DPs have with no tune.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #2
Chauncey.Bishop
Big girls don't cry.
India
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

If you haven't already bought a JB4, then a flash tune can take care of all the things you've requested. Bootmod3 is currently the most popular tune around these parts.

If you have already bought a JB4, then no worries, it can still auto-delete if you are outside of the US (HINT HINT) and the cold start can be disabled by programming your car with carly or bimmercode.
      07-09-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
m5teven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 CP M5

Garage List
2015 BMW 528i  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2015 BMW CP M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLuSioNz X View Post
If you haven't already bought a JB4, then a flash tune can take care of all the things you've requested. Bootmod3 is currently the most popular tune around these parts.

If you have already bought a JB4, then no worries, it can still auto-delete if you are outside of the US (HINT HINT) and the cold start can be disabled by programming your car with carly or bimmercode.
Wow I will definitely take a look at my carly and bimmercode. I must of missed the feature of removing cold start. From what I have read, the cold start is similar to the speed removal and true cel delete which takes an actual flash and not a code input. Where abouts in either of those apps do you see the cold start removal?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 05:01 PM   #4
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5teven View Post
Wow I will definitely take a look at my carly and bimmercode. I must of missed the feature of removing cold start. From what I have read, the cold start is similar to the speed removal and true cel delete which takes an actual flash and not a code input. Where abouts in either of those apps do you see the cold start removal?
To my knowledge disabling the cold start is not possible via coding. I'm all ears though if someone knows otherwise.
Appreciate 0