M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

03-18-2019, 12:54 AM   #1
GlenM5
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 F10 LCI CP

Speed limit info on maps and TPMS

I have an Oct 2013 LCI M5 and I had the following couple of questions for the iDrive.

How do you get speed limit information shown on the navigation maps? Is it there? Most other maps that I have seen have this info. And it is handy to know what speed you should be doing.

I also believe there was a system for reading speed from speed signs along the road, but this was cancelled out via a software upgrade. Can this be reinstated? Although I was told about this by a friend with a 2010 550 and I am not sure if this applies to my car.

Also trying to get the TPMS function working so that I can see tyre pressure and temperature. I have a Carly for programming and turned all of this on so that tyre pressure and temperatures should show. But it still doesn't show up. And it doesn't allow me to reset tyre pressure for TPM. Any ideas on what is happening?

Thanks

Glen
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 11:28 PM   #2
88tuning.id
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E39 520i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenM5 View Post
I have an Oct 2013 LCI M5 and I had the following couple of questions for the iDrive.

How do you get speed limit information shown on the navigation maps? Is it there? Most other maps that I have seen have this info. And it is handy to know what speed you should be doing.

I also believe there was a system for reading speed from speed signs along the road, but this was cancelled out via a software upgrade. Can this be reinstated? Although I was told about this by a friend with a 2010 550 and I am not sure if this applies to my car.

Also trying to get the TPMS function working so that I can see tyre pressure and temperature. I have a Carly for programming and turned all of this on so that tyre pressure and temperatures should show. But it still doesn't show up. And it doesn't allow me to reset tyre pressure for TPM. Any ideas on what is happening?

Thanks

Glen
I have no idea about the speed limit coding, maybe another fellas can help you out.

But for the TPMS, before you get into the coding part, you should check the required hardware. Do your car equipped with 2VB options?

If yes, then you can code the TPMS to work on idrive
      03-19-2019, 04:31 PM   #3
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

The speed limit only shows in the cluster and in the HUD, not on the NAV display. To show in the cluster, you have to have it checked under the instrument cluster menu in I-drive and push the turn signal mounted BC button until it cycles to it.

For this to work your car has to have the KAFAS camera in the rear view mirror and it's controller installed. If you don't have any of the driver aid options, you probably don't have this gear.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 03:09 AM   #4
GlenM5
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 F10 LCI CP

Thanks for the responses. I don't have option 2VB fitted to the vehicle. I thought all vehicles came fitted with the TPMS hardware and with Carly I could code it on. But now I see the car just has Flat tyre monitor which just looks at diameter and not tyre pressure.

To retrofit TPMS do i just buy the sensors that go in the wheels? Or is there a receiver required to be fitted as well? Just out if interest.

With regards to the speed info, I am very sure I have KAFAS camera as I have lane departure warning and front end collision warning systems in the car. I think they use the KAFAS camera. But i dont have the option to show speed limits, it doesn't show up under Instrument Cluster Display under settings.

I would actually prefer to have the speed limit information show on the maps and i am sort of surprised it is not available.

Thanks

Glen
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 03:36 AM   #5
88tuning.id
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E39 520i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenM5 View Post

To retrofit TPMS do i just buy the sensors that go in the wheels? Or is there a receiver required to be fitted as well? Just out if interest.

Glen
to retrofit those TPMS, basically you only need 4 sensors and 1 receiver, with a slight VO Coding of course. Here's the details on what you should get:

sensors for each wheels: i believe the part number should be 6855539
1 receiver module: 6855180

once you install these 5 items, you should see RDC module in Esys. Then add 2VB option to your VO and Code Kombi, ICM, HU NBT, DSC.

Voila! enjoy your new feature
it should work directly on HU_NBT unit, for others i havent tried it.

T
      03-23-2019, 05:36 PM   #6
TLK
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP, '12 550i, '04 545i

It is possible you don't have the speed limit feature. It is option 8TH (SPEED LIMIT INFO) if you decode your VIN or FA/VO. Also you can check:
HU_NBT -> 3001 EXBOX -> SPEEDLIMIT_INFO (SPEEDLIMIT_INFO).

It should be 01 (active) if you have speed limit info, 00 (not active) if you don't.

Assuming you have the feature, it might be possible to get it to display in NAV via the:
HU_NBT -> 3000 HMI -> SLI_NAVI_DISPLAY = active.

The exact meaning of this isn't clear to me, but I have speed limit display in the cluster and in the HUD but not in NAV, and this value is 00 (not active) on my car.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 12:24 PM   #7
jethro22
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5

I have been following the topic (adding SLI coding) for a while.

Many, many people on the M3/4 forum have done it (e.g. https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1541914 ).

However for some reason very view if any with the F10 say they have done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
It is possible you don't have the speed limit feature. It is option 8TH (SPEED LIMIT INFO) if you decode your VIN or FA/VO. Also you can check:
HU_NBT -> 3001 EXBOX -> SPEEDLIMIT_INFO (SPEEDLIMIT_INFO).

It should be 01 (active) if you have speed limit info, 00 (not active) if you don't.

Assuming you have the feature, it might be possible to get it to display in NAV via the:
HU_NBT -> 3000 HMI -> SLI_NAVI_DISPLAY = active.

The exact meaning of this isn't clear to me, but I have speed limit display in the cluster and in the HUD but not in NAV, and this value is 00 (not active) on my car.
This is interesting, I would be interested if you can get it to display in the navi. Everyone in the M3/4 community says that the speed does NOT display in the navi and this is impossible.

Just to summarise things, here is an overview of the situation in the M3/4 (to the best of my few days of research!)

- Speed Limit Indicator (SLI) uses BOTH NAVI MAP and Camera to determine speed
- You can order option for Speed Limit Indicator (SLI) from factory
- You get the camera fitted if you order SLI but you also get it for Lane Departure Warning and other driver assistance
- If you have the camera fitted you can add SLI via coding
- If you do not have the camera fitted you can still purchase an emulator that allows you to add SLI via coding - even without the camera. Remember SLI uses the NAVI map AND the camera and you can use the emulator to enable SLI which takes its data just the NAVI map. Many F30 owners are doing this. The emulator supports F10 too.
- SLI only displays in the info screen or the HUD. It does not display in the NAVI map even though the maps contain speed data.
Appreciate 0