M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

06-17-2020, 08:26 AM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

bootmod3: Direct ENET cable support for iOS/Android (BETA)

Hey guys,
Wanted to share a quick announcement on the upcoming app/system update. Public beta of the new app with the embedded OBD Agent starting soon. This version of the app will allow for a direct cable connection of the ENET cable to your iOS device (iPhone, iPad).

We’re just waiting on Apple to approve the beta build for testing and do some test runs internally with it and we’ll start adding in external/public testers.

To test with us you need to have a bm3 license already, ENET cable and an ethernet to lightning adapter (adapter to connect ethernet end of the ENET cable to your iPhone/iPad).

If you're on facebook check out the bootmod3 enthusiasts group for further details/updates.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 04:37 PM   #2
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Pleasure to announce public beta of the iOS app update with support for a direct ENET connection. Closed beta has gone really great so far and for anyone else that’d like to try this version of the app with an ENET cable directly to the phone we’re making it available via a publicly accessible link. To download it you need to install TestFlight from the App Store first and then use the link to download the beta version of the app.

Link to public beta app on TestFlight:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/auPeiCwr

Any issues, suggestions or just general feedback, please use the TestFlight app to send over.

Android version of the app is scheduled to go into beta tomorrow.

======

Ethernet settings for your iPhone/iPad (Optional if you'd like to set them, but it does connect to the car with these in place noticeably faster)
- IP: Manual (not automatic), 169.254.250.250
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 12:30 PM   #3
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Looking forward to the android version being available. Any idea when this will be?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 07:53 AM   #4
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

bootmod3 beta for Android for direct OBD/ENET cable connection to the car with the embedded OBD Agent is now available! iOS Beta has gone really well and all the work done there has gone into the updates for the Android version as well.

Click on the link below to download the app or search the Google Play Store:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing...ootmod3.mobile

*** NOTE: With a laptop (macOS and Windows) as well as iOS devices a user can plug in the ENET cable and have the connection to the car as well as keep their internet connection alive via 3G/4G/5G/LTE which makes things super easy. However, on Android 😞, unless you make the changes outlined in screenshots below, it allows ONLY one connection at a time. This means once you plug in the ENET cable to your phone/tablet the internet connection will close. For this reason, to use the Android app, you'd log in and download the map you'd like the flash using the "download now, flash later" option first. Then, hook up the ENET cable to the phone/tablet and flash it.

To get the Android device to keep your mobile data (internet) and ENET cable connection alive ensure to follow instructions in the screenshots attached (this was done on Android 10):
Attached Images

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 07-17-2020 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 11:52 AM   #5
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Tried the above method and it still kills my Internet connection. I tried logging in first then exiting while keeping login info, when trying to reconnect in offline mode it says VIN not linked to this account. If I go online, connect to the car then go to offline it says I need to login first.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 08:28 PM   #6
T-Bone18
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i xDrive

Garage List
Same problem here, it kill my internet connection when I plug the Ethernet cable. Unfortunately my Samsung S8 does not have the "Mobile Date Only App" menu. I wonder if you guys can find for me another option to by pass it.
Appreciate 0