M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > M5 Classifieds > Members Classifieds

07-27-2023, 12:54 PM   #1
gearheadx77
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E61 M5 Touring, E38 750i

2012 (Dec '11) F10 M5 - 2 Owner, 77k miles, does not run (needs cam/valve/chain work)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Sad to list my 2012 BMW M5 (F10) for sale. It's a two-owner car (I'm the second owner), and was well cared for during its life. Unfortunately, the car needs some work and frankly I need to upsize (3 kids), so I must let it go. The car has two key problems worth addressing:

The first problem came from a hit & run about six weeks ago. Someone damaged the front right fender. That fender will possibly need full replacement. In addition they damaged part of the front bumper, so that will either need repair or replacement, as well.

The second problem came a couple of weeks later: the high pressure fuel pump for one of the cylinder banks blew out. I had the car immediately towed to my local BMW dealer, where that pump was replaced. The issue now is that the dealer techs do not see cams turning/valves opening on one bank, which means a teardown of the head is needed to investigate potential cam/spring/valve/chain issues causing that.

Apart from these major issues, there are only minor blemishes with the car. There are a couple of small dings in the bodywork (one on driver's side door, one on either side near the fuel filler cap, one near rear fender). The wheels, particularly the two fronts, could use a refinishing due to some curb rash. The two rear Pilot Sport 4S tires are almost new, but the fronts could use replacing soon. The S63 does drink some oil and perhaps head gaskets could use replacing at some point in the near future, but I don't view it as immediately necessary.

The interior is overall in very good condition. The car had a major service very recently (plugs, oil, filters, A/C condenser etc.), and had ignition coils done about two years and 10k miles ago. The only other real issue I had with it was a power steering leak when I first bought it in mid-2019 and that was repaired also by the dealer.

It's actually a nice black-on-black early F10 example. The first owner was an older gentleman who babied it and garaged it at his suburban home. I then bought it 4.25yrs ago and really used it on weekends with my family, never tracked it, haven't pushed it very hard. Other than this latest bout of bad luck it has been a pretty reliable beast.

Will post up photos soon. It's hard to assign a value to a car that needs work so I'm looking for best offer right now.

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 08:06 PM   #2
Jhow257415
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Asking price? Any photos?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2023, 03:06 AM   #3
gearheadx77
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm really not sure what it's worth. If it were all tip-top I guess it'd be £17k area? So if you consider ~£2,500 in body work, and probably another £4-5k in engine work, you should be able to come up with an offer with that guide.

Some photos here now. I'll add some photos of the front-end damage next.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2023, 03:14 AM   #4
gearheadx77
United Kingdom
Rep

And here are three photos of the driver's side front fender damage. It's not life-ending damage but it's a real shame as the body is otherwise in pretty good shape for a 11.5yr old car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 06:50 AM   #5
gearheadx77
United Kingdom
Rep

Car sold now
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 09:50 AM   #6
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Wow! Sorry to hear you had such struggles with it but congrats on the sale.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0