M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

03-10-2022, 09:16 AM   #45
JaybeM5
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Still no joy with this. When replacing the injectors one of the coil packs was disintegrated took 2 hours to remove all the bits left behind. Not sure what causes this to happen but the car hasn't moved and has only been ticking over from time to time. They were perfectly fine when putting them in a few months ago. Allbeit they weren't new.

Only errors are running lean on bank 2 which is the one the DME was replaced on.
Called the guy who did the DME clone and he thinks it might have a different version of the software on each DME causing the car to throw a lean error yet it's running rich. I can't get him to work on it promises me every week he'll call out bit doesn't. Very frustrating. 15 months off the road and counting.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 10:02 AM   #46
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybeM5 View Post
Still no joy with this. When replacing the injectors one of the coil packs was disintegrated took 2 hours to remove all the bits left behind. Not sure what causes this to happen but the car hasn't moved and has only been ticking over from time to time. They were perfectly fine when putting them in a few months ago. Allbeit they weren't new.

Only errors are running lean on bank 2 which is the one the DME was replaced on.
Called the guy who did the DME clone and he thinks it might have a different version of the software on each DME causing the car to throw a lean error yet it's running rich. I can't get him to work on it promises me every week he'll call out bit doesn't. Very frustrating. 15 months off the road and counting.
At time I would just cut the loses and ship the DME to someone else to get both of them programmed. What is the person excuse not to fix those?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 05:12 PM   #47
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

Both dme need to be programmed at same time
Asking for trouble otherwise
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 06:14 AM   #48
JaybeM5
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyinp View Post
At time I would just cut the loses and ship the DME to someone else to get both of them programmed. What is the person excuse not to fix those?
He just won’t answer the phone then eventually when I do get him he says he’s busy. I guess the main problem is I don’t want to bring my car to him as it’s like a scrap yard with cars everywhere. People complain that he had their car for 3-4 months which I’m not doing. His workshop is closed Friday and Saturday this week so he says he’ll be with me either of those days. If not I’ll have to find someone else. Finding someone here is hard though. Not sure if this can be done remotely ?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 10:01 PM   #49
JaybeM5
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

So an update:
2 blown DME’s
After replacing them I have a drivetrain error and erratic idle. Also black soot spitting out the exhaust on bank 2. Mechanic says leaky injector. All injectors are new but could they have been damaged or clogged up from the bad DME’s ?
Should I replace all the injectors again ?

Still have some fault codes:
1F2108 DME, wrong data set: variant monitoring
128008 Lambda probes in front of the catalyst, assembly: reversed
18110 Mixture control 2, cross-bank: Fuel-air mixture too lean
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 03:01 AM   #50
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

I’d take it to a bmw dealer at this point. Beats having the car off the road for two years imo
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2023, 12:00 PM   #51
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Could be the adaptations from the previous vehicle they were in.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 03:10 AM   #52
JaybeM5
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
I’d take it to a bmw dealer at this point. Beats having the car off the road for two years imo
I brought it to bmw but they refused to work on it as their software detected the car was tuned. Car is driving but still a misfire with no errors. If I drive with a constant acceleration it’s fine but sitting at a constant speed there’s a misfire. Can’t find anyone here that knows enough about them. I guess I need someone that can work on the engine and DME but there’s nobody here that I know of that can do both.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 03:21 PM   #53
KillerM3
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I have had this exact same problem for 2 years. Where are you on the world? I have changed everything g from turbos, to maf to lambda, fuel pumps, injectors I'm down now wondering what to do next. Probably going to look at stem seals or oil seperators or something.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 07:12 AM   #54
m5dream
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10m5

Did this issue start after u had the dme cloned ?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 09:32 AM   #55
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Where are you located? My IND shop here in Georgia has a guy who was the Lead Mechanic at a dealership.
Appreciate 0