Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

01-24-2021, 02:00 PM   #23
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinysM5 View Post
i find it very difficult to keep things standard, i was always doing something with my impreza's. i guess if i buy with a warranty im limited what i can modify.

thanks for all your input buddy, most helpful
Cheers mate and good luck with your search.
Appreciate 1
J11SEK268.00
      01-25-2021, 10:12 AM   #24
tinysM5
Private
Rep
Drives: subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Cheers mate and good luck with your search.
i dont suppose you know the diameter of the lci steering wheel do you? looks like a steering wheel from a school bus lol
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #25
J11SEK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinysM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Nope, standard 560 suits me fine just got 5mm spacers on the back wheels and had recent Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres fitted with 305's on the back for more traction, a popular upgrade. On the front wings the chrome surrounds on the side vents are carbon wrapped by a lot and on pre lci models the grille can be swapped for the double stacked one as well as the steering wheel replaced for the lci one as has been done on my '13 model.
i find it very difficult to keep things standard, i was always doing something with my impreza's. i guess if i buy with a warranty im limited what i can modify.

thanks for all your input buddy, most helpful
Hope you get sorted with an M5 Just be conscious that if you get/buy a bmw warranty you won't be able to modify the engine/Ecu/turbos etc at all..... They (Bmw) now have devices that can tell if a car has been mapped even if it gets returned to the stock map before going in for an oil service. Therefore voiding any said warranty.....
It tends to be all about engine care with warm ups/cool downs , as M5theonlyone mentions 5k oil services are a must to preserve rods/bearings etc, and as I said low revs upto 2k until oil is up to temp!
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      01-25-2021, 12:50 PM   #26
tinysM5
Private
Rep
Drives: subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J11SEK View Post
Hope you get sorted with an M5 Just be conscious that if you get/buy a bmw warranty you won't be able to modify the engine/Ecu/turbos etc at all..... They (Bmw) now have devices that can tell if a car has been mapped even if it gets returned to the stock map before going in for an oil service. Therefore voiding any said warranty.....
It tends to be all about engine care with warm ups/cool downs , as M5theonlyone mentions 5k oil services are a must to preserve rods/bearings etc, and as I said low revs upto 2k until oil is up to temp!
thanks buddy, yeah whilst its under warranty i will only maybe modify the suspension and add some cosmetic touches.

i could do with the diameter of the lci steering wheel please if anybody knows it or would run out to their's and stick a tape over it for me.

cheers
Appreciate 0