BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

11-10-2019, 06:45 AM   #1
SECOND2NONE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Turbo e46 m3, 2005 e55 amg

Air Ride Suspension Options

Looking into to getting air ride for the f10M5. Not much info since most are against it. But it fits my needs and I think I’m most likely going to go with air ride

What are the options out there?

I know AirREX makes a direct airbag strut for the f10. Trying to see if there is any one else or someone in the the nyc area that can build a custom one

I’m going with air lift 3h management system. According to airlift web site, they only make a direct strut for e39 body. That’s the only 5 series I see.

And if your only comment is to ask me why, please don’t bother. I drive around nyc and the streets/ pot holes can catch you off guard. This car will never be tracked. It’s a fast daily for me. That’s it .

(Thread created here for people with knowledge that don’t visit suspension section often)
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #2
Frankster
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

I dont have any options for you, but i fully support your choice. I have Ride Tech air ride on my '68 Charger, and with the technology of today, air ride suspensions are just as good as coilovers. But with the added benefit of raising your car to get better ground clearence if you drive on bad roads. And of course lower it when parked at shows
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 06:53 AM   #3
SECOND2NONE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Turbo e46 m3, 2005 e55 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster View Post
I dont have any options for you, but i fully support your choice. I have Ride Tech air ride on my '68 Charger, and with the technology of today, air ride suspensions are just as good as coilovers. But with the added benefit of raising your car to get better ground clearence if you drive on bad roads. And of course lower it when parked at shows
Thank you. Guess I’ll spread info for all people interested. Cause there is not much info out there.
Appreciate 1
SSJAR26.50
      08-04-2021, 10:47 AM   #4
fishmando
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

I realize this is an ancient post, but slide into my DM if you want to chat about high performance Air Suspension offerings for the F90 M5
Appreciate 0