Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10&Audi RS6 C7 2016

All in all, for the length of the 13 month lease, I got:

a new shortblock
a new transmission
two new clutches
a new flywheel
all four new rotors (I drove so hard they started to crack)
a new rear diff
a new driveshaft (I snapped mine doing a 6k launch not knowing any better)

Not bad... for... $0...

Hey. Give me.... and you belive all that. 🤔
How the hell broke all of these??
I think this is. 🤥
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #47
lonestar22
Ground Clearance?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
this guy is a douchebag. 100%
my thoughts exactly
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #48
finlandm5f10
Second Lieutenant
Rep

😂:sig n0015:
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 05:09 PM   #49
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
this guy is a douchebag. 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
my thoughts exactly

lol what did I do to deserve that?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 12:16 AM   #50
BM dnobagaV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 528i

You sound like an entitled asshat.
Appreciate 1
BMWM5NYC496.00
      11-03-2018, 10:09 PM   #51
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
You sound like an entitled asshat.
I talked about blowing my motor. What did I say that makes me sound like an entitled asshat?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 02:32 PM   #52
finlandm5f10
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post
I talked about blowing my motor. What did I say that makes me sound like an entitled asshat?
Think...
Appreciate 2
BMWM5NYC496.00
      11-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #53
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finlandm5f10 View Post
Think...
I don't know... I didn't say any rude words to anybody on the forum, and I got called an entitled asshat?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #54
Smurfzilla
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Allow me to take a stab at why he called you an asshat, you admitted to abusing a car that you just purchased and had issues with parts that could've contributed to the issues and somehow got BMW to cover all your repairs (You seriously have to play the lottery....I've seen people get denied less work that was needed for just a filter installed), and you are fighting with them over a tow bill, when, really based on your truthful description of how you arrived at a broken M5 motor you should be on the hook for at a minimum.

Your post suggests you EXPECTED to get this all covered......and less gratitude for BMW replacing all of this and even willing to cover your tow bill.

****Disclaimer****
I don't know you or the people who called you an asshat. i have no dog in this fight. I see their point but I digress.....you sir have a horseshoe stuck up your ass.......play the lottery....seriously.
****Disclaimer****

I cant believe I let this post be my first on this site.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 10:10 PM   #55
Chauncey.Bishop
Big girls don't cry.
India
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfzilla View Post
Allow me to take a stab at why he called you an asshat, you admitted to abusing a car that you just purchased and had issues with parts that could've contributed to the issues and somehow got BMW to cover all your repairs (You seriously have to play the lottery....I've seen people get denied less work that was needed for just a filter installed), and you are fighting with them over a tow bill, when, really based on your truthful description of how you arrived at a broken M5 motor you should be on the hook for at a minimum.

Your post suggests you EXPECTED to get this all covered......and less gratitude for BMW replacing all of this and even willing to cover your tow bill.

****Disclaimer****
I don't know you or the people who called you an asshat. i have no dog in this fight. I see their point but I digress.....you sir have a horseshoe stuck up your ass.......play the lottery....seriously.
****Disclaimer****

Great first post and welcome to the forum! It's people like the OP who ruin it for the rest of us. Warranties, BMW NA and Credit card chargebacks should only be used in case of emergencies.
      11-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #56
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:

****Disclaimer****
****Disclaimer****

DING DING DING We have a Winner!!!!!
      12-03-2018, 05:32 PM   #57
Smurfzilla
Private First Class
Rep

I kinda lied. I have been posting VERY sporadically in the e90 forum [so technically my first post in the F10 forum]. I used to drive a Evo and I picked up a 335i for cheap after getting burned on my last project/car and I think I'm gonna stick around. Currently mulling buying a second hand M5 (which is why I'm in this forum).

I hear of warranty nightmares all the time.....I was following this thread because of the issues (and the way he described them initially). Good to know alot of his issues were self induced and not issues inherent to the platform.

And thanks for the welcome.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 05:19 AM   #58
finlandm5f10
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Im reading this forum about 3y and more and more i feel that you got in us different car than we in europe. You have here so much issues that im 100% sure that we have in europe better cars... Read germany M5 f10 forum etc. and only few motor failure and issues what you afreid alltime.

Or do we service better this cars?? And there in Europe this warnity is not that much then you. You cant even bye m5 if there is no warnity...

Sorry my real bad English..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #59
Smurfzilla
Private First Class
Rep

My experience with American dealershops (misspelled on purpose) is there are incentives to keep cars coming in....most dealerships here (not sure how it is in Europe) live and die by their service center. Warranty pays less but its still work and once you have someones car in the shop you can upsell them (Hey I noticed "insert random service or part here" needs to be performed or replaced, we can do that now and get it out of the way).

Also as the cars get cheaper (lets be honest the amount they sell for brand new vs how much they are 5 years later is crazy depreciation) people who may not be as meticulous about maintenance get their hands on them.

And finally some people just SUCK at maintenance.

I've heard the horror stories about BMW ownership and I can honestly say from my own personal experience its been no different then owning a Honda or Mitsubishi so far (minus some random electrical components that need to be replaced, walnut blasting service, etc).
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #60
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
My experience with American dealershops (misspelled on purpose) is there are incentives to keep cars coming in....most dealerships here (not sure how it is in Europe) live and die by their service center. Warranty pays less but its still work and once you have someones car in the shop you can upsell them (Hey I noticed "insert random service or part here" needs to be performed or replaced, we can do that now and get it out of the way).

Also as the cars get cheaper (lets be honest the amount they sell for brand new vs how much they are 5 years later is crazy depreciation) people who may not be as meticulous about maintenance get their hands on them.

And finally some people just SUCK at maintenance.

I've heard the horror stories about BMW ownership and I can honestly say from my own personal experience its been no different then owning a Honda or Mitsubishi so far (minus some random electrical components that need to be replaced, walnut blasting service, etc).
We have lease and (what was called in the old days) hire purchase vehicles to thank for the ridiculous depreciation in the first 4 years. If everyone paid for their cars in full themselves without finance and loans then depreciation would just be just a trickle.But then again we that buy these fine cars four years or after wouldn't have them for the tempting price now.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 04:11 PM   #61
Smurfzilla
Private First Class
Rep

I don't know about anyone else but even if I had enough disposable income to buy one of these outright I wouldn't just because of the amount. A car by definition is a depreciating asset anyways. I've never heard of financing contributing to the resale value plummeting....usually its a cars reputation on repairs after warranty is close to being expired. I know a ton of people who would never by a BMW or Merc without a warranty because they are either not mechanically inclined so they always go to the dealership (hence why they get bent over) or they would rather lease a car because they dont get attached and like to have something new every few years. I try to keep my fun cars forever.....life usually has other ideas and I end for one reason or another moving along. Oh well. I will continue to live vicariously thru y'all until I'm ready to pull the trigger on the right one.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 10:32 AM   #62
AirBull
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M5

Garage List
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by finlandm5f10 View Post
Im reading this forum about 3y and more and more i feel that you got in us different car than we in europe. You have here so much issues that im 100% sure that we have in europe better cars... Read germany M5 f10 forum etc. and only few motor failure and issues what you afreid alltime.

Or do we service better this cars?? And there in Europe this warnity is not that much then you. You cant even bye m5 if there is no warnity...

Sorry my real bad English..
What oil viscosity does BMW run again in these motors in Europe? I don't believe it's that thin new BMW Twin Power (a GTL by Shell) 0w-30. I bought my one owner 2015 M5 with just 8.8k miles on the clock, and it had three oil changes all done at the BMW dealer up to that point, so I think my motor was fairly well taken care of. (Tires still measured 7/32 tread!) Car came out of Beverly Hills so I'll always be curious as to who may have previously owned it. My motor came with a Castrol oil fill cap, so I imagine the original fill was the former BMW 5w-30, but the last two were probably the new BMW 0w-30. In all fairness, the UOA on the oil when I changed it, with only about 900 miles on it, showed to be in excellent condition, as did the motor.

However, this is why I prefer the 5w-40 amongst all of the BMW approved viscosities, for just that small piece of mind in knowing everything is getting the proper lubrication. And this is where I'm coming from: my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel (similar fundamental architecture, on a single variable geometry Garret turbocharger, with four valves per cylinder, roller timing chains with dual overhead camshafts,) was originally calling for 5w-30 but FCA switched to 5w-40 mid-stream, nearly overnight. FCA even went so far as to pay for every dealer with new vehicles on the lot to have their old oil drained and refilled with the new stuff. From what I remember and as far as I can recall, they did so because it provided superior lubrication as Jeep/Ram was having some issues with internal engine premature failures, DUE TO BEARING FAILURES!

Do you're own research and you decide - but (Ravenol VST) 5w-40 it is for me and my S63B44T0!

https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...-failures.html

Born 02.27.2015 in Dingolfing

Last edited by AirBull; 05-14-2019 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0