M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

02-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Black M5 badge on AW?

What is the consensus on this? I have AW paint. Everything is black except the exhaust tips and rear M5 badge. I am running stock 20" wheels. Should I leave the badge chrome or get a black one? Chrome exhaust tips or black?

Thoughts?
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

I decided to go with a black badge as I also have every other trim piece gloss black.
A nice accent would be to have the surface gloss black and the side portion white (like
IND just recently did) http://flic.kr/p/dWCHHo

As for exhaust tips I went with black/CF tips , but if you'd plan to have a black / CF diffuser
silver tips would give you more contrast (I will have no choice and end up with CF tips and dark rear diffuser)
All comes down to personal preference (there's no right or wrong )

15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

I have never seen the Black M5 badge with white backing! That looks cool. Perhaps I will try that one. Gloss black with AW sides. Nice find. Have you seen any pics of it on the car?

My plan is to keep the stock diffuser which I really like. My next exhaust might have black tips however.
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
I have never seen the Black M5 badge with white backing! That looks cool. Perhaps I will try that one. Gloss black with AW sides. Nice find. Have you seen any pics of it on the car?

My plan is to keep the stock diffuser which I really like. My next exhaust might have black tips however.
I think member Alex.br from Brazil is the "owner" of the badge
IND just published it over the past days so I am not sure he has it already installed
Maybe Nate@IND has better/additional pictures
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0