08-30-2018, 12:06 AM   #1
M5 Seeker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 540I

New member, looking for advise thinking about purchasing F10 M5

Hello Gents

Just joined. Long time BMW owner( daily driver 2003 e39 540I sport) have 2 other bmrs. Always been fan of m5's , but instead of paying 50-100k to buy clean e39 M5, Thinking about finally purchasing f10 M5. want some advise/help
Personally scared of new tech cars-tubos, 100 modules & etc.. but I think it's time for me to go next step & buy F10 which IMHO better looking than new F90 M5. anyway..

1. what should I look for, any known problem / issues with ?

2. Color option-personal favorite 1. silverstone, 2. frozen any color(but not black) 3. blue. 4. orange... trying to stay away from black, white or just grey colors. what else is interesting ?

3. prefer 2016 or 2015 with CPO or some kind of warranty-what is the price range?? If not CPO can i purchase extended warranty ? whats the $$$?

4. what options are must have? why?

5. leather options full, extended what is the difference?

6. where should i look to find ? I've been looking autotrader, cars.com, cargurus, any other site?

7. came across few 30th anniversary jahre edition ones-is it worth to invest more $$$ to buy one of those cars?

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other question, but I want to start ball rolling.

Thanks in advance for any advise/info.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 04:58 AM   #2
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

2. check out Moonstone - rare but love
4. Executive package - includes HUD, Soft close doors, rear window shades, etc. - must have
5. full leather has leather on upper dash and all on door cards. I have extended and upper dash and lower door cards are plastic...

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 09:11 AM   #3
Somy6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW Monte Carlo Blue M5

I've had my F10 M5 for a month now and I absolutely love it!

BTW I had a mint condition 2002 Avus Blue e39 M5 earlier this year. I bought and drove both vehicles back from Utah to Arizona. Amazing drive btw!!

After 11 hours with both vehicles driving on the same road I can assure you, BMW did not lose whatever that thing everything is talking about. I've had so many e36 M3's, e46 M3's, e92 M3's, e39 M5, and now the F10.

BMW didn't lose anything, their cars are simply just that much more capable. I had a GTR for 6 months and no one ever says Nissan lost it, The car is just that capable so you don't feel the speed as much, handles amazing like on rails etc.. Same as the F10 M5 in my opinion.

I drove one at a dealer and didn't think much of it to be honest. I still went out and bought one a few days later. I'm so happy I did! It blows me away every time I get in it! It does everything so well I can without a doubt say I have the best Sound system, The most comfortable seats, One of the most beautiful yet elegant vehicles around, Torque for days on end, etc...

- I have a Monte Carlo blue M5
- I would say Executive package, Extended leather, LED, Bang & Olufsen
- I'm not sure about the price for your inquiry is to be honest

Good luck on your Search!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #4
bquicksilver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 - Alpine White CP

1) Not really. I'd say 2013's seem to have a bit more oil consumption, and any previously tuned car will likely have more clutch wear and be more in need of plugs/packs. They're great cars.
2) IMO that's 100% up to you. White was my fave since it looks great even when not washed as my DD will tend to be. Monte Carlo blue was my #2 choice.
3) 2014-6 all very similar. If you can go CPO that's great. There are great extended warranties as well (along with poor ones). That's better left to searching old threads and is a lengthy discussion.
4) Executive is an absolute must and includes dozens of options. Most have that option pack. Competition pack is a great series of upgrades that adds up a lot. Any negative review of the F10 will say it's "too soft/watered down" whatever, and the comp pack tightens suspention/steering 20% and lowers the car as well as adding power. B&O sound was a must for me. The stock Harmon Kardon was really disappointing and I'm not an audiophile at all. The B&O is the best system I've ever heard in a factory package. Your friends will all freak when the speaker rises out of the dash. haha
5) For me this was meaningless. All personal pref. A little extra leather on the dash. The car looks nice either way. IMO one of those options I'd take if there, and not care at all if not.
6) Trader/Cars.com/eBay probably the biggest sources
7) Not really. The color is cool, but the F10 isn't ultra rare to collect and every Jahre is slower than the 2018 sitting at the dealership.

All my opinion of course. These are amazing cars that do it all.

Last edited by bquicksilver; 09-01-2018 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2018, 01:46 AM   #5
FANBMWM
If in doubt flat out - Colin Mcrae
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 LCI SMB M2 LCI LBB

Garage List
2010 BMW 760li  [10.00]
1. You should definitely go with the LCI as the engines are much more reliable.

2. San Marino Blue

3.Must have options
Competition Package
B&O or Harman Kardon
Appreciate 0