07-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #1
sham
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

how long do they produce an M5??

Hi,
My M5 is (according mo my local dealer) in production since 26.06.2012.
My dealer claims he can't better track the production or delivery. So i called BMW Poland and they did not know more than my dealer. The question is: How long have you waited between the day your car went into production and the day you got it?
PS: I hope you understand me, the waiting is the worst thing when you order an M5.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:15 AM   #2
HotRodders
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Edition - Monte Carlo

4.91 metres - I should have :readthethread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham View Post
The question is: How long have you waited between the day your car went into production and the day you got it?
I totally agree, the wait is agony - mine will take 2.5 months in total
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
sham
Private
Poland
Rep

I orderd mine 01.03.2012.......My dealer had no quota, then they told me the individual Azurite and cohiba require even longer waiting time........
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 04:12 AM   #4
Ree
Registered
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Mine was ordered in April and produced in last week of June, still waiting for BMW to deliver my car to my dealer. Transportation company is very very slow. So, get yourself ready for long waiting time. Lack of information from the local dealers sucks big time, it just sounds like they don't care about their customers. If you want individual color like metallic or brilliant you have to wait for another 3-4-5 months, because this is a very very very special paint and it is very hard to produce. Also, their individual program is a big joke, they always missing parts from it, for example: I was told that Black Piano Trim is very hard to get and BMW is out of stock for that kind of trim till the end of August.

It is very hard to wait, but the hardest part is to get even a small peace of information about the production steps of your car. Dealers are very ignorant.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #5
vishwen
Private First Class
Mauritius
Rep
Drives: MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ree View Post
Mine was ordered in April and produced in last week of June, still waiting for BMW to deliver my car to my dealer. Transportation company is very very slow. So, get yourself ready for long waiting time. Lack of information from the local dealers sucks big time, it just sounds like they don't care about their customers. If you want individual color like metallic or brilliant you have to wait for another 3-4-5 months, because this is a very very very special paint and it is very hard to produce. Also, their individual program is a big joke, they always missing parts from it, for example: I was told that Black Piano Trim is very hard to get and BMW is out of stock for that kind of trim till the end of August.

It is very hard to wait, but the hardest part is to get even a small peace of information about the production steps of your car. Dealers are very ignorant.
Order since December 2011 and just got in production last week awaiting status for car to take the ship to come to mauritius .

Since Mauritius a small of M5 being sold so the quota took long and as i also insist to get the B&O so hopefully will get delivery on AUG 14
330i M sport (2001) SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
X5g05
///M
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

thats impossible.
it must be a problem with your dealer or the allocations that they give him. 8 months to get the car is crazy.
I ordered mine Late February (with an Individual component/ Piano black trim) and it arrived Mid June thats with the backlog and sorting the allocations. my car was produced late April, which means feb, march and april, (shipping by seas takes around 26 days to bahrain) the wait was just for the production line spot.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
It's about a week. Attached is a description of the tracking info for my 550i.

You will see actual production is only a week.

The website doesn't have this detailed information. However if you call BMW NA on 1-800-831-1117, then the IVR will give you an option to track your car which is automated and provides more specific info.
Attached Images

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 07-07-2012 at 07:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
sham
Private
Poland
Rep

@stealth.pilot: thanks a lot. i dialled the number and there is no help for non-us customers
so be happy for having such a good customer service to track your vehicle's production
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 03:04 AM   #9
Ree
Registered
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNH View Post
thats impossible.
8 months to get the car is crazy.
Try to order Porsche from the factory, the individual order can take up to 15-18 months.
Appreciate 0