M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Yesterday, 05:14 PM   #45
hubbahubba
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post
We are in a period now where the fringe on each side is the only real voice, because the actual intelligent people have given up playing referee.
Yep.
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #46
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
The same was said about Obama before Iowa.
We'll see, I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:28 PM   #47
skoold2003
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3, 2014 X5 50i M Sport

Bloomberg vs Paul would be the best nominees in my opinion. If they got nominated I would finally be voting on who I want to be president vs who I dislike less.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:31 AM   #48
pennsiveguy
Shows initiative whenever directed to do so
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post
The problem is the more social media takes over our daily lives, the more "normal" the fringe elements become.

We are in a period now where the fringe on each side is the only real voice, because the actual intelligent people have given up playing referee.
Agree. And the more extreme someone's view, and the more empty and meaningless their life, the more time and energy they'll put into one or more social media "campaigns." The dark side of technology is that extreme voices of the rage-fueled and resentful fringes can be amplified infinitely, so they drown out the voices of the moderate folks who have better things to do.
      Today, 10:38 AM   #49
hubbahubba
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

What if...

How about this? Somebody like Rand Paul and Tulsi Gabbard or Mayor Pete team up as independents? So basically you get the Ross Perot AND Jill Stein effect to cancel each other out? I'd be in...
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:27 PM   #50
WestRace
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post

How about this? Somebody like Rand Paul and Tulsi Gabbard or Mayor Pete team up as independents?
Since everybody depends on money, there is no such thing as "independence". In the end, everybody is "dependent" on something. If not money then pussies lols.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:24 PM   #51
hubbahubba
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
Since everybody depends on money, there is no such thing as "independence". In the end, everybody is "dependent" on something. If not money then pussies lols.
Thanks, WestRace, but not the point I was trying to make. Maybe I should have been more clear. In order to defeat the ever worse partisanship in DC, let's put up a team that is a little of both sides to lead. It could be a thing, and would solve the problem of D vs R...
Maybe we could just go back to being ALL American instead of so divided. That is what needs to happen to reel in the crazy train we are on. I only suggest this as a means to that end.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:26 PM   #52
WestRace
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Thanks, WestRace, but not the point I was trying to make. Maybe I should have been more clear. In order to defeat the ever worse partisanship in DC, let's put up a team that is a little of both sides to lead. It could be a thing, and would solve the problem of D vs R...
Maybe we could just go back to being ALL American instead of so divided. That is what needs to happen to reel in the crazy train we are on. I only suggest this as a means to that end.
Of course I was joking, but I am not too far off since it always ends up like this.

Appreciate 0