M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

10-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
wineberserkers
Rep
Drives: Looking for F10 M5

Looking to buy F10 M5...

Scoured this forum already, as it has so much fantastic info. I run a wine forum and we're the biggest in the world, but just a TINY fraction of the number of members, posts, and threads on this forum - it's friggin' awesome.

Anyway, I've been looking to get an electric vehicle for some time now, as I'm in Socal and we have a huge solar system on our house (hate that phrase - double meanings, 'solar system') and could run off the grid for the most part. Love the instant full torque of electric, but it's still such a new technology that you pay a MASSIVE premium for it, and I'm not ready to drop $110k in an electric vehicle just to get one that has all the features I want. There are so many coming to market in the next 2-3 years, as well.

My daughter is turning 16 in January and so I'll be buying HER a car also, which will take my low-mileage annual driving (under 10k/year) to ultra-low (6k/year maybe) since I won't be hauling her around.

With those two factors (many more electrics coming, few options now, huge premium while the tech is new, and my daughter driving herself soon) I decided to get ONE more car that I'm really passionate about. I've owned every major luxury brand other than Jaguar (and that's questionable to some as a 'luxury' brand) and BMW. I was a driving instructor with Porsche Owners Club, where I raced a number of mid-engine 986 and 987 model Boxsters some years back but then turned rather significantly into 'daddy mode' and have been driving a Ford Flex Limited for longer than I've owned any other car in my life. Completely gave up on the passion I used to have for cars.

I've decided to go F10 M5 because I've always wanted an M line BMW and when I was shopping most heavily for one, Chris Bangle destroyed the look of the BMW at the time (2003 ish) so I stayed away. The depreciation on these vehicles is extraordinary for the first 1-2 years, and so I'll gladly be shopping for a 2015-2016 (maybe 2014 if need be) M5 in Monte Carlo Blue in the coming days/weeks/months, waiting for the perfect one. I'll consider other colors, but swore off the 'normal' colors of white, silver, gray, and I have never liked black, so that's out. I'd rather get a unique color than another in a sea of white/black/gray/silver

Several threads have proven helpful to me on this forum, including those on extended warranties, so I will definitely be checking into that when I make my inquiries on potential buys. I want the Executive Package as I've become addicted to ventilated seats after having them on my prior vehicles, and have missed them for years on my dad-hauler Flex.

Anyway, any other tips and tricks would be welcome, but I just wanted to introduce myself a bit, hope to join the ranks relatively soon!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

I advise you go and buy soon as waiting only prolongs the pain of not having one, there's a nice '14 blue one for sale on these channels with seat a/c.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
wineberserkers
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I advise you go and buy soon as waiting only prolongs the pain of not having one, there's a nice '14 blue one for sale on these channels with seat a/c.
Yeah, saw that one - awesome price for sure. It's REALLY far away from me, and there's unusual wear on the seat bolster of the driver's side
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 04:18 PM   #4
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wineberserkers View Post
Yeah, saw that one - awesome price for sure. It's REALLY far away from me, and there's unusual wear on the seat bolster of the driver's side
That's because it's white and gets easily scuffed especially from jeans.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
wineberserkers
Rep

Quote:
That's because it's white and gets easily scuffed especially from jeans.
He wears jeans on his waist and arms?

(the wear is on the side bolster, not the seat bolster)
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #6
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
He wears jeans on his waist and arms?

(the wear is on the side bolster, not the seat bolster)
You said seat bolster first.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
wineberserkers
Rep

Quote:
You said seat bolster first.
I did - my bad - it's the side of the seat, upper, not cushion, lower. Gorgeous car otherwise, price is silly good.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #8
M5Rick
General
Rep

It's not a disaster if it just needs a lick of leather dye but yeah your map distances in US can be huge.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #9
thefudd
Fuddy on m5board
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance

I'm currently in the market also... my two previous M5's (e60 & e39) were both silver. Now i'm shopping for a Sakhir Orange F10 good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #10
wineberserkers
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefudd View Post
I'm currently in the market also... my two previous M5's (e60 & e39) were both silver. Now i'm shopping for a Sakhir Orange F10 good luck!
Yeah, love that color, as well! There's one in Vegas right now, but it's priced WAY higher than market
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 04:42 AM   #11
M5Rick
General
Rep

I decided to get one after 8 years of Merc ownership and within a week the 25000 mi. M5,my first view, was on my driveway found ten miles from me after seing an ad in a major car ad mag and of course coming on here beforehand to check for possible issues which at the time being air con condenser build suspect (mine was changed under warranty when it fractured).
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #12
theinfamousdrew
I'm The Captain Now
Rep
Drives: X5M/X7

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefudd View Post
While mine isn't currently for sale, everything has a price....

Turn on. Tune in. Drop out.
IG: @InfamousCarGuy

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #13
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousdrew View Post
While mine isn't currently for sale, everything has a price....

Out of sight and you feature my favourite beer India Pale Ale.Unfortunately our stupid gov. over here has made owning a 9mm a crim offence.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 11:22 PM   #14
wineberserkers
Rep

I saw an M4 today in Silverstone Metallic and I'm officially sold on that color. In photos it looks light blue in some, silver in some. In person, no mistaking it - beautiful color!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #15
TheUtahX5M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M

I am going to be selling my gorgeous white 2014 F10 M5 competition shortly as my new one arrives in a couple weeks. If you're interested. All options and looks brand new.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #16
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
I saw an M4 today in Silverstone Metallic and I'm officially sold on that color. In photos it looks light blue in some, silver in some. In person, no mistaking it - beautiful color!
https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1536657
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #17
dzm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Land Cruiser

Quote:
Scoured this forum already, as it has so much fantastic info. I run a wine forum and we're the biggest in the world, but just a TINY fraction of the number of members, posts, and threads on this forum - it's friggin' awesome.

Anyway, I've been looking to get an electric vehicle for some time now, as I'm in Socal and we have a huge solar system on our house (hate that phrase - double meanings, 'solar system') and could run off the grid for the most part. Love the instant full torque of electric, but it's still such a new technology that you pay a MASSIVE premium for it, and I'm not ready to drop $110k in an electric vehicle just to get one that has all the features I want. There are so many coming to market in the next 2-3 years, as well.

My daughter is turning 16 in January and so I'll be buying HER a car also, which will take my low-mileage annual driving (under 10k/year) to ultra-low (6k/year maybe) since I won't be hauling her around.

With those two factors (many more electrics coming, few options now, huge premium while the tech is new, and my daughter driving herself soon) I decided to get ONE more car that I'm really passionate about. I've owned every major luxury brand other than Jaguar (and that's questionable to some as a 'luxury' brand) and BMW. I was a driving instructor with Porsche Owners Club, where I raced a number of mid-engine 986 and 987 model Boxsters some years back but then turned rather significantly into 'daddy mode' and have been driving a Ford Flex Limited for longer than I've owned any other car in my life. Completely gave up on the passion I used to have for cars.

I've decided to go F10 M5 because I've always wanted an M line BMW and when I was shopping most heavily for one, Chris Bangle destroyed the look of the BMW at the time (2003 ish) so I stayed away. The depreciation on these vehicles is extraordinary for the first 1-2 years, and so I'll gladly be shopping for a 2015-2016 (maybe 2014 if need be) M5 in Monte Carlo Blue in the coming days/weeks/months, waiting for the perfect one. I'll consider other colors, but swore off the 'normal' colors of white, silver, gray, and I have never liked black, so that's out. I'd rather get a unique color than another in a sea of white/black/gray/silver

Several threads have proven helpful to me on this forum, including those on extended warranties, so I will definitely be checking into that when I make my inquiries on potential buys. I want the Executive Package as I've become addicted to ventilated seats after having them on my prior vehicles, and have missed them for years on my dad-hauler Flex.

Anyway, any other tips and tricks would be welcome, but I just wanted to introduce myself a bit, hope to join the ranks relatively soon!
I am selling mine, albeit a 2013 it is in great shape and prefect maintenance records and local too.

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1502854
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2018, 04:04 PM   #18
Blacross
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tundra

I would suggest not limiting your search to a geographic area. The M5 is a cruising car as far as I'm concerned and the best experience I've ever had with mine was flying across country to pick her up and drive her back. The ride home we got to know each other well and hands down there is no other car that you can sit in like this for full days at a stretch comfortably.

In expanding my search I was able to locate a super low mile CPO at a great price.

Executive package on them is a must, and IMO so is the B&O sound system. If you haven't heard one, you don't know what you're missing.
Appreciate 2
RPiM52872.00
94jedi829.00
      11-13-2018, 12:02 AM   #19
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacross View Post
I would suggest not limiting your search to a geographic area. The M5 is a cruising car as far as I'm concerned and the best experience I've ever had with mine was flying across country to pick her up and drive her back. The ride home we got to know each other well and hands down there is no other car that you can sit in like this for full days at a stretch comfortably.

In expanding my search I was able to locate a super low mile CPO at a great price.

Executive package on them is a must, and IMO so is the B&O sound system. If you haven't heard one, you don't know what you're missing.
The F10 M5 is a bargain fantastic car today. Kudos to you guys for searching for good examples still.

Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00