M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

04-09-2018, 09:00 AM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

bootmod3 New Feature Release - DME Read (Backup) ***

Hey guys just wanted to let you know about a new feature released over the weekend. We've finalized work updating our DME Read feature available on the Diagnostics screen. Its a neat way to back up (read out) the DME and make the contents into a re-flashable map in the list of your maps, making it behave just like any BM3 OTS map or custom map.

Who needs this?
If you invested in a flash tune before, a custom tune or OTS, and you'd like to to go with bootmod3 to use its features you'll be able to back up the current tune as a map and be able to flash back to it at a later point if you choose to do so.

Our User Adjustables screen that's in the works will also apply to these maps just like any other map in the account, more on that here: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1480183

Previous tune data that is backed up will not be editable or viewable and is simply a backup of your previous tune.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Can you guys read another tuner's work? Or do they encrypt their tunes? I'm thinking that if you can back it up you can also see what they've done.

This is a really neat feature for those that have tunes by Evolve, BPM, Mission Performance, VF Engineering.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 09:12 PM   #3
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouseWon View Post
Can you guys read another tuner's work? Or do they encrypt their tunes? I'm thinking that if you can back it up you can also see what they've done.

This is a really neat feature for those that have tunes by Evolve, BPM, Mission Performance, VF Engineering.
I may be wrong but I believe anyone can read another tuner's adjustment's/tune... but you can not edit their software.
You can only flash over it.
Appreciate 0