BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-03-2016, 08:03 AM   #23
jhnmcdrmtt
Rep
Drives: 2013 G550

Yah it s a bummer. I want to want the x5m, but without the adaptive, just can not do it. When i test drive the x5m, I was in some traffic at first in NJ. It was difficult to ride smooth in the 0-15mph range. The car wanted to haul. And Haul only :-). Which is why we all love it.

I drive too much in traffic on my way to Vermont - about 20mins in traffic or more some nights. I just cant see long term me not being annoyed by the x5ms burst from 0mph. Anyone else getting that feeling in the car? That it is hard to keep it rolling smooth in traffic below 25mph?

Keep in Mind I only test drove the car for 20mins.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 08:08 AM   #24
Alberta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90

Well , in the beginning I was really disappointed when I heard that the adaptative cruise control wasn't available for X5M.
I tried it last week for the first time on the new 7 series ...
It's personal , but I really prefer the non-adaptative cruise control , I'm use to it (I had it on all my cars) , that's maybe the reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #25
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnmcdrmtt
Yah it s a bummer. I want to want the x5m, but without the adaptive, just can not do it. When i test drive the x5m, I was in some traffic at first in NJ. It was difficult to ride smooth in the 0-15mph range. The car wanted to haul. And Haul only :-). Which is why we all love it.

I drive too much in traffic on my way to Vermont - about 20mins in traffic or more some nights. I just cant see long term me not being annoyed by the x5ms burst from 0mph. Anyone else getting that feeling in the car? That it is hard to keep it rolling smooth in traffic below 25mph?

This is something I was concerned about, but in comfort with the transmission mapping set to the lowest of three bars, I find the X5M to be a better traffic car than my previous X3 (35i). It's smooth (no lurch or surge) and comfortable at low RPM.

Make sure the car was set up correctly (many SAs put them in Sport Plus, thinking max-performance will help sell the car).
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2016, 08:19 AM   #26
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

The adaptive cruise control is fun on road trips. But I don't use it at all in city traffic, not only does it annoy me, but I am sure it annoys the cars behind me as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 08:22 AM   #27
Alberta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
The adaptive cruise control is fun on road trips. But I don't use it at all in city traffic, not only does it annoy me, but I am sure it annoys the cars behind me as well.

Had the same thoughts !
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 09:02 AM   #28
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
This is something I was concerned about, but in comfort with the transmission mapping set to the lowest of three bars, I find the X5M to be a better traffic car than my previous X3 (35i). It's smooth (no lurch or surge) and comfortable at low RPM.

Make sure the car was set up correctly (many SAs put them in Sport Plus, thinking max-performance will help sell the car).
I agree 100%. In comfort, and everything else in comfort or efficient, the car is butter smooth, smoother than any of our other vehicles, or previous BMWs. Put it in sport or sport+, and it's a totally different animal.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 06:20 AM   #29
dr.skp.ortho
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 991 911 Carrera S, F06 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnmcdrmtt View Post
Title is the question. I am surprised the x5m has no adaptive cruise control. Am I missing it in my build? Can anyone confirm that there is no adpative cruise control? (shocked face)
It's because of cooling needs (and the extra radiators needed for the S63 engine). Its got nothing to do with space for buttons etc.
Mercedes C250
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 12:53 PM   #30
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnmcdrmtt View Post

With the transmission set to Comfort along with the throttle set to efficient, it's perfectly docile in traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho View Post
It's because of cooling needs (and the extra radiators needed for the S63 engine). Its got nothing to do with space for buttons etc.
Mercedes has no trouble finding room on their AMG cars. BMW can figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 01:25 AM   #31
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

From my first few trips to and from work this week, I must say I am missing the adaptive cruise from the M50d.

I do quite a lot of hard traffic driving, so I really appreciated this.

The trick is to drive in efficient/comfort/D1 and not any sport settings so that the car doesn't want to lunge constantly.

2020 BMW X3M Competition ///M - ALPINE WHITE / SAKHIR ORANGE

Past: 18' BMW M3CS | 18' BMW X5M | '17 BMW M3 Competition | '16 Mercedes GLC250 | '16 BMW X5M | '15 BMW X5 M50d | '14 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0