M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

05-04-2024, 05:19 PM   #1
ghanii
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 m5

F10 M5 Bootmod3 E30 dyno numbers are here

Hello everyone today I'm showing you my dyno number from my most recent run i hope this helps you guys be able to see where your car is in terms of mods and to see the potential of getting a ots tune from bootmod3 because i searched everywhere any could not find any whp numbers.honestly the results really surprised me I didn’t think I would make that type of horsepower and torque.

Mods
-vrsf cattless down pipes
-gamma project front mount intakes
-ngk 2 step colder plugs gapped to 0.20mm
-BM3 ots stage 2 e30 tune aggressive burbles

link to video-https://youtu.be/IDT3ts15EP0?si=rXZlMH3ieQTNs-Do
Appreciate 1
KurtsM534.50
      05-07-2024, 05:11 AM   #2
B58
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Beast
Appreciate 1
ghanii4.50
      05-07-2024, 06:40 PM   #3
B58
Major
Rep

How does 700whp feel? You running in MDM mode most of the time?
Appreciate 1
ghanii4.50
      05-09-2024, 09:44 PM   #4
TrueNorthM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpine White BMW M3 (DCT)

Graph looks great from what we can see in the video!

Torque is probably limited to protect the DCT, you don't really want to go much higher than 650 from everything I've read.

I'd love to see you 1/4 mile trap speed
ghanii4.50
      05-13-2024, 06:08 PM   #5
ghanii
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58 View Post
How does 700whp feel? You running in MDM mode most of the time?
Honestly, the car feels great, and has power throughout the entire RPM. I don’t run MDM mode I have found to have slower times in MDM mode compared to normal traction mode,however I do completely turn off traction when I’m doing roll races and I only start from 60mph I usually will hook up.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 06:11 PM   #6
ghanii
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorthM5 View Post
Graph looks great from what we can see in the video!

Torque is probably limited to protect the DCT, you don't really want to go much higher than 650 from everything I've read.

I'd love to see you 1/4 mile trap speed
Yeah, torque is limited to 661 foot pounds. It reaches max torque at around 3500 RPM and starts to taper off further on. I haven’t had much clutch issues because I run an XHP stage three tune that increases the clutch line pressure to almost 20 bar so i haven’t ran into any shifting issues or clutch slip issues. I just bought a draggy so I’ll post the numbers on this form as soon as I get them.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2024, 08:37 PM   #7
B58
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanii View Post
Yeah, torque is limited to 661 foot pounds. It reaches max torque at around 3500 RPM and starts to taper off further on. I haven’t had much clutch issues because I run an XHP stage three tune that increases the clutch line pressure to almost 20 bar so i haven’t ran into any shifting issues or clutch slip issues. I just bought a draggy so I’ll post the numbers on this form as soon as I get them.
Have you messed with the torque reduction and torque punch settings on the XHP settings?
Appreciate 1
ghanii4.50
      05-13-2024, 08:48 PM   #8
ghanii
Rep

Quote:
Have you messed with the torque reduction and torque punch settings on the XHP settings?
No not yet I was looking at the transmission data and as of now I don’t think it needs it honestly, I prefer having the torch punch because one problem with these cards that I have learned is that when you’re doing a 60 and you are not break boosting it does take a little bit to break out because of how heavy you are but you make it back up in the top end
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 09:20 PM   #9
B58
Major
Rep

Quote:
No not yet I was looking at the transmission data and as of now I don’t think it needs it honestly, I prefer having the torch punch because one problem with these cards that I have learned is that when you’re doing a 60 and you are not break boosting it does take a little bit to break out because of how heavy you are but you make it back up in the top end
Let me know what you end up setting torque punch on. I’d be curious to try it myself. I know the default ots is set to 4 if you enable it.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 03:25 PM   #10
vigilante
Private
Rep
Drives: Activehybrid 3 M sport

Just curious is it must that I run e30 with this tune. What if I run e20 with this tune. Will it still work ok or I can only run e30 with this. Asking as want to be safe from the fueling side.

Thanks
2013 Activehybrid 3, Pure stage 2 turbo with High flow inlet and Dv upgrade, Wagner Evo 2 comp intercooler, ER charge pipes, BMS JB4, BMS intake, BMS Meth kit with a single cm7 nozzle, Fuel it Port injection in 550cc injectors platinum kit with Ethanol analyzer, Fuel it stage 2 LPFP, ER oil cooler kit, Mach v Valvetronic exhaust, Bootmod 3 and running E20
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 04:31 PM   #11
ghanii
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilante View Post
Just curious is it must that I run e30 with this tune. What if I run e20 with this tune. Will it still work ok or I can only run e30 with this. Asking as want to be safe from the fueling side.

Thanks
Honestly it’s always better to run more ethanol then less. Now I have had moments where I’ve found myself with no gas and there are no ethanol stations nearby and I’ve just put only 91 octane because I live in California and as long as you don’t demand wide-open throttle it’ll run OK however, it is not safe for the car. It is always better to run more than less ethanol because the tune is designed for ethanol, I use a a E 85 calculator to figure out what my mixture needs to be to reach E 30 so that I may use the car at wide-open throttle, but I always put a little bit more than what it recommends because you’re not always getting the best E 85 most independent gas stations only have maximum of E 70 or E75.

To summarize if you have a tune that is designed for E30 or more and you put less than the desired amount you may experience misfires.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2024, 05:25 PM   #12
m5dream
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10m5

nice numbers
what oil weight r u running?
keep us posted how the car does.
Appreciate 1
ghanii4.50
      05-16-2024, 05:31 PM   #13
ghanii
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5dream View Post
nice numbers
what oil weight r u running?
keep us posted how the car does.
Thank you, I run 10w40 Valvoline VR one synthetic and I use liquid Molly, ceratec honestly it’s the best set up I’ve found I ran the same set up a lot when I had a 2007 Bmw 335i that made 620whp on stock motors and pure turbos and I never blew up that motor I think the most important thing is how often you do your oil changes I do my oil changes every 2000 to 2500 miles I know that seems excessive but I’ve always lived by the thought process of oil is cheap engines are not.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 06:03 PM   #14
B58
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thank you, I run 10w40 Valvoline VR one synthetic and I use liquid Molly, ceratec honestly it’s the best set up I’ve found I ran the same set up a lot when I had a 2007 Bmw 335i that made 620whp on stock motors and pure turbos and I never blew up that motor I think the most important thing is how often you do your oil changes I do my oil changes every 2000 to 2500 miles I know that seems excessive but I’ve always lived by the thought process of oil is cheap engines are not.
How many gallons you putting in your tank to get the E30 or so?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 06:18 PM   #15
ghanii
Rep

Quote:
How many gallons you putting in your tank to get the E30 or so?
On a empty gas tank I put about 6.1 to 6.5 gallons of e85 and about 13 to 14 gallons of 91oct keep in mind I live in the state of California where my gas is garbage if you live somewhere that has access to 93 octane, your mixture will be different. You will probably be using less ethanol. I always recommend using an E 85 calculator just in case the one that I use is called “e85Cal” it’s on apple App Store I don’t know if it’s on android. When you do your calculations set your ethanol percentage at the pump to E70 this is the average that you get from gas stations unless you’re using gas companies like VP racing gas or Ignite red e85 where as those companies ethanol is 100%, e85.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:57 AM   #16
vigilante
Private
Rep
Drives: Activehybrid 3 M sport

Quote:
Honestly it’s always better to run more ethanol then less. Now I have had moments where I’ve found myself with no gas and there are no ethanol stations nearby and I’ve just put only 91 octane because I live in California and as long as you don’t demand wide-open throttle it’ll run OK however, it is not safe for the car. It is always better to run more than less ethanol because the tune is designed for ethanol, I use a a E 85 calculator to figure out what my mixture needs to be to reach E 30 so that I may use the car at wide-open throttle, but I always put a little bit more than what it recommends because you’re not always getting the best E 85 most independent gas stations only have maximum of E 70 or E75.

To summarize if you have a tune that is designed for E30 or more and you put less than the desired amount you may experience misfires.
Thanks for the great explanation. Just to be safe I want to know that can we run e30 on our cars without upgrading any fuel pumps and injectors? Just flash the e30 tune and put ethanol e30 in the tank?

Thanks
2013 Activehybrid 3, Pure stage 2 turbo with High flow inlet and Dv upgrade, Wagner Evo 2 comp intercooler, ER charge pipes, BMS JB4, BMS intake, BMS Meth kit with a single cm7 nozzle, Fuel it Port injection in 550cc injectors platinum kit with Ethanol analyzer, Fuel it stage 2 LPFP, ER oil cooler kit, Mach v Valvetronic exhaust, Bootmod 3 and running E20
Appreciate 1
ghanii4.50
      Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #17
B58
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the great explanation. Just to be safe I want to know that can we run e30 on our cars without upgrading any fuel pumps and injectors? Just flash the e30 tune and put ethanol e30 in the tank?

Thanks
Correct and it’s the most mixture the stock pumps can handle.
Appreciate 1
ghanii4.50
      Today, 04:52 AM   #18
KurtsM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 w/ DPs, BM3 stage 2

Nice ride. My car's about the same but on stage 2 93 octane OTS map and stage 2 xHP. I had a klown at a shop last week try to tell me BM3 is junk and blocks codes from the DMEs.
Appreciate 1
ghanii4.50
      Today, 09:11 AM   #19
ghanii
Rep

Quote:

Thanks
Yes, you should not need to upgrade your fuel system however, running ethanol does put more strain on your fuel pump. Always recommend every once in a while to do a data log to check your low pressure fuel pump.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:20 AM   #20
ghanii
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtsM5 View Post
Nice ride. My car's about the same but on stage 2 93 octane OTS map and stage 2 xHP. I had a klown at a shop last week try to tell me BM3 is junk and blocks codes from the DMEs.
I look at it like this BM3 has been making and perfecting this tune for a long time I doubt that they do that type of stuff, now I can confirm they do disable emission monitoring parameters for the catalytic converter and oxygen sensor. However, that will not affect the car being able to detect issues you’re still receive the drive ability codes. also as a technician as well I’m sorry to hear that. Honestly, I think the guy was just scared to work on the car because he’s probably not familiar with working on tuned vehicles. sometimes peoples pride as technicians come into play and they make the rest of us look bad.
Appreciate 0