M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

06-22-2020, 05:04 AM   #441
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Zanardi concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Greetings my MBelgium and UKM5 friends -
This is SO tragic....my wife shared this with me on the very long drive (12 hours) when returning from Sun Valley Idaho to Gig Harbor Washington; we are pulling for Alex and are so hopeful for his full recovery; I will never forget the unbelievably horrific shunt....it was just a few days after 911 and the Indy cars were at a 2 mile banked oval in Germany....Alex pitted and Indy car does not allow tire warmers....his fresh tires were cold and he spun while negotiating entering the race track and slid to a stop....sideways....a car entered turn 1 at 215 MPH and literally sheared off the race car just in front of the steering wheel....all of Alex's legs were sheared off and taken away in the impact....the Safety Team arrived and looked down in the cockpit to find blood PUMPING out of his veins....they were able to keep him from bleeding out and this began one of the most incredible recoveries in ANY sport.

We ask for healing.
*In '93 at Eau Rouge Zanardi's Lotus suffered an active suspension failure in practice making the car go onto its skid plate and spinning many times after crashing into guard rail.In that incident he was extremely lucky to escape with just aches and pains.The '01 crash at Lausitz is too horrific to watch...with some of the pictures I feel that should not be shown of the actual impact...again asking like you why tyre warmers were not used even then in the American series.
I was going over his bike accident with the wife yesterday thinking this guy just gave his all in ANY race, car or other, he competed in.
May he quickly recover and heal from his injuries.

Last edited by M5Rick; 06-22-2020 at 05:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2020, 08:48 AM   #442
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

My UKM5 and MBelgium friends -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
*In '93 at Eau Rouge Zanardi's Lotus suffered an active suspension failure in practice making the car go onto its skid plate and spinning many times after crashing into guard rail.In that incident he was extremely lucky to escape with just aches and pains.The '01 crash at Lausitz is too horrific to watch...with some of the pictures I feel that should not be shown of the actual impact...again asking like you why tyre warmers were not used even then in the American series.
I was going over his bike accident with the wife yesterday thinking this guy just gave his all in ANY race, car or other, he competed in.
May he quickly recover and heal from his injuries.
My friends -
I remember the 93 Zanardi shunt at Spa....it was so violent....totally agree with you that he was so fortunate to have "walked away" from such massive impact....it was as you described - the car bouncing of multiple barriers and spinning violently at a high rate of speed.

Unsure if you heard this story - Zanardi told a story about his post-01 shunt and he was driving in his hand-controlled BMW sedan by himself....when he suffered a flat tire in an area where there was no one there to assist....he described that he became enraged with anger, then began crying, and then he said "I'm going to change this fuc*****ing tire!"....he described crawling out of his car and then finding a way to crawl up into the trunk to access the spare tire....all the while weeping....and then found a way to change the flat tire....he described this flat tire incident as a turning point in his life and his recovery.
      06-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #443
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
My friends -
I remember the 93 Zanardi shunt at Spa....it was so violent....totally agree with you that he was so fortunate to have "walked away" from such massive impact....it was as you described - the car bouncing of multiple barriers and spinning violently at a high rate of speed.

Unsure if you heard this story - Zanardi told a story about his post-01 shunt and he was driving in his hand-controlled BMW sedan by himself....when he suffered a flat tire in an area where there was no one there to assist....he described that he became enraged with anger, then began crying, and then he said "I'm going to change this fuc*****ing tire!"....he described crawling out of his car and then finding a way to crawl up into the trunk to access the spare tire....all the while weeping....and then found a way to change the flat tire....he described this flat tire incident as a turning point in his life and his recovery.
*Unbelievable that he did the wheel change himself my friend..Zanardi MUST BE an inspiration to many people especially those that are not fully mobile to succeed at things where it would be imagined that it can't be done. If you see his arms and hands they look like massive strength in them and for sure could tear a telephone book in half!!
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2020, 09:13 AM   #444
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Well said -

Quote:
*Unbelievable that he did the wheel change himself my friend..Zanardi MUST BE an inspiration to many people especially those that are not fully mobile to succeed at things where it would be imagined that it can't be done. If you see his arms and hands they look like massive strength in them and for sure could tear a telephone book in half!!
Well said my friend -
You're spot-on that his life has been such an inspiration to mobility-challenged people that see no way to move forward....and then you see Alex.

May Alex survive and thrive again....we ask.
      06-22-2020, 09:15 AM   #445
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The latest : "SEB"
As Elvis once sang my friend: "Don't be cruel...''
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #446
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Oh no!

Quote:
The latest : "SEB"
VET without the SF1000!!!!
He'll have to chase them on foot!
      06-23-2020, 07:31 AM   #447
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

My MBelgium friend -

Quote:
Indeed my friend .

You heard about Alex Zanardi ? Oughhh....

Zanardi, 53, sustained severe head injuries in an accident during a handbike race in Italy on Friday after colliding with a truck on the road.
He arrived at the hospital with major facial cranial trauma, a smashed face, and a deeply fractured frontal bone (forehead)
Zanardi underwent three hours of neurosurgery and maxillofacial surgery - related to the face - before being placed in a medically-induced coma.

"The situation is clearly critical in terms of brain damage"
Alex's latest medical update....we are hopeful he survives and recovers:https://www.autosport.com/other/news...ious-condition
      06-23-2020, 07:48 AM   #448
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Alex's latest medical update....we are hopeful he survives and recovers:https://www.autosport.com/other/news...ious-condition
Thank you for putting that on Racerbruce, I think we all must feel after reading that the next few days are critical for his recovery and from the description the front of his face took the main impact. We must remember he's an extremely strong person and his chances of recovery are increased by this.

Last edited by M5Rick; 06-23-2020 at 07:57 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2020, 07:50 AM   #449
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
..or use his spare wheel less JET with AFTERBURNER
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2020, 05:02 PM   #450
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Yeah my friend . I just saw the latest about Alex => https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...handbike-crash

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58913.50
      06-23-2020, 05:10 PM   #451
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
..or use his spare wheel less JET with AFTERBURNER
Well my friends , I heard SEB will take the Ferrari-Torpedo !
MAX has bad memories (nightmares) of the thing....
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58913.50
      06-23-2020, 05:26 PM   #452
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Well my friends , I heard SEB will take the Ferrari-Torpedo !
MAX has bad memories (nightmares) of the thing....
Torpedo 5 may have a special accessory on the front, a punting off dome on a shaft that quickly retracts when he comes up to the Mercs then he can say ''it wasn't me, I wasn't that close''
Good night all!
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2020, 09:57 PM   #453
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Well said -

Quote:
Yeah my friend . I just saw the latest about Alex => https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...handbike-crash
My friend - such hard news regarding Alex; all are hopeful he lives and recovers from such horrific head and face injuries.
      06-23-2020, 09:58 PM   #454
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie!

Quote:
Torpedo 5 may have a special accessory on the front, a punting off dome on a shaft that quickly retracts when he comes up to the Mercs then he can say ''it wasn't me, I wasn't that close''
Good night all!
Indeed!
Perhaps the shaft can be actuated by VET's foot and its pedal is hidden deep in the footbox area.
      06-24-2020, 09:01 AM   #455
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Indeed!
Perhaps the shaft can be actuated by VET's foot and its pedal is hidden deep in the footbox area.
Exactly,where the inspectors are hard to spot it, he can say if asked it's a back up steering shaft !!! ''My ord, can't you trust me?''

Last edited by M5Rick; 06-25-2020 at 04:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #456
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Exactly,where the inspectors are hard to spot it, he can say if asked it's a back up steering shaft !!! ''My ord, can't you trust me?''
MAX : The latest..

MAX will get the new HONDA engine update 1.1 in Austria .
Honda-Japan did a great job , even during the COVID lockdown => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/61513...n-austria.html
My friends .I heard it has wings !!!

MAX will be the first F1 driver to test the F1 Biometric shirt => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/61487...ic-shirt-.html
Marelli Motorsport and OMP Racing recently announced that the developed biometric fireproof shirt had been approved by the FIA. This shirt can read all kinds of physical information and send it to the team at the pit wall. This includes stress, fatigue, heart rate and breath.
MAX will be the first driver to use the shirt !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58913.50
      06-24-2020, 05:10 PM   #457
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

And there was a fire at the Zandvoort circuit ! => https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...uit_zandvoort/
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58913.50
      06-25-2020, 03:01 AM   #458
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Honda-Japan did a great job , even during the COVID lockdown => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/61513...n-austria.html

MAX will be the first F1 driver to test the F1 Biometric shirt => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/61487...ic-shirt-.html
Marelli Motorsport and OMP Racing recently announced that the developed biometric fireproof shirt had been approved by the FIA. This shirt can read all kinds of physical information and send it to the team at the pit wall. This includes stress, fatigue, heart rate and breath.
Engine updates can only be good news after succesful tests.The track at Spielberg suits the RB16 than any other car and it's Max and Alb's chance to stamp RB's authority at the start. Merc are making all sorts of claims that they have 'many' updates being fitted..such as the adjustable front toe link and Renaults' 1000bhp+ claim may just be scaremongering I think.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2020, 03:07 AM   #459
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
And there was a fire at the Zandvoort circuit ! => https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...uit_zandvoort/
Probably spare old tyres used to line the circuit on bends. The youngsters if caught could also be charged with polluting the environment as well as vandalism.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2020, 03:16 AM   #460
M5Rick
General
Rep

^^^^ This biometric shirt may be ready for Max to wear even at the Osterreichring if OMP can get the data onto a special monitoring screen within the RB banks.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2020, 07:12 AM   #461
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie!

Quote:

My MBelgium and UKM5 friends -
Very hopeful that Honda's power package will carry Maximus and Alex to multiple podiums!!!!

Does the biometric shirt alert RB management when Maximus is low on Westmalle beer??
      06-25-2020, 07:44 AM   #462
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
My MBelgium and UKM5 friends -
Very hopeful that Honda's power package will carry Maximus and Alex to multiple podiums!!!!

Does the biometric shirt alert RB management when Maximus is low on Westmalle beer??
If it doesn't then it won't be from lack of trying from Max and Alb.
What do you think Ferrari have got in the bag, they've been a bit quiet up to now with just the furore about Seb leaving when seasons over.
Appreciate 1