M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

07-19-2020, 08:17 AM   #1
andytw
Registered
Rep
Drives: F11

Message sent to car from Google maps but cant navigate to it

Hi,

2014 F11

Have had this car about 3 years and have always used Google Maps on my home computer and then 'Send to Phone' to send a location to the car.
This turns up as a message on the iDrive which I could click on and choose to navigate to.
Simple.
However recently the message now stills turns up but with a small 'i' information flag. When the message is selected there is the information on the location but no option to navigate to it.

Any thoughts please.

A.T.

Note !! Subsequent testing between myself and my son's F10 car, has shown that location messages pushed from the 'Connected Drive' Mobile app are good, and can be use by the vehicles Nav system, but location messages pushed from Google Maps on a desktop cannot be used for navigation. This is a Google Maps issue. Something has changed at Google.

Last edited by andytw; 07-19-2020 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 1