Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-02-2020, 06:46 AM   #23
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
There is so much inaccuracy in this post I’m not even sure we can keep an educated discussion going.

Desulphation is not proprietary to CTEK.

Desulphation only truly occurs during battery MAINTENANCE with pulse conditioning which requires low power, high voltage, high frequency pulses that cause resonance and subsequent split of sulfite crystals back into battery solution. This happens over 4-5 WEEKS, not hours.

Again - we are talking about battery maintenance. Not battery resurrection. For a 7 year old chronically undercharged battery with lost storage, desulphation is not magic. It WILL NOT RESTORE LOST STORAGE. I feel like I’m repeating myself here.

Do you work for CTEK? If not, you should.
Tell you what mate,lets call it a day and take our M's for a burn up to blow the cobwebs off
Appreciate 1
Doctor_X1158.00
      08-03-2020, 09:54 PM   #24
SuperF10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I swapped out my wife's battery on her 2013 535i and it didn't need a reprogam. I just matched the CCA, etc to the current battery. Is this different for the M5, or has anyone swapped a battery without needing to program? I need to replace mine soon.

Does it not trip something in iDrive? On my 2006 Z4M, I swapped the battery and the car had an indicator showing the battery needed programming.