M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

04-09-2021, 12:43 PM   #23
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
The breathable aftermarket "donut" bandages they sell on Amazon to help hold the Libre sensors on work fine for me as additional insurance.....
I bought some early on, when I was still able to swim and go to the gym (sweat) Man, they get DIRTY, even now. But the ones I had covered the entire Libre, and I had to get my nurse son to apply, I could never reach the back of my arm (especially right side) properly.

I keep a special solution of vinegar/Dawn along with the scrub brush in the shower to remove "the ring" every other Friday.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #24
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I keep a special solution of vinegar/Dawn along with the scrub brush in the shower to remove "the ring" every other Friday.
I have a lifetime supply of medical adhesive remover wipes left over from my IV infusion pump days. A home nurse had to visit weekly and change the central IV port dressing, clean off the glue residue, etc.

I also have a lifetime supply of leftover surgical tape, alcohol wipes, and medical-grade C-cell batteries that were used to power the pump.

My DW gladly installs the donut sensor bandages every two weeks. She used to change my IV bag every other day, so sticking a glorified band-aid on is not a problem.....
      04-10-2021, 01:24 AM   #25
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Blood sugar doesn't work too well with wine. Oh well, lol
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 02:31 PM   #26
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Anybody have their injection cause the skin to bubble? I hate it when that happens. It's even on a new area, never used before. Don't what I'm doing wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 03:44 PM   #27
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Anybody have their injection cause the skin to bubble? I hate it when that happens. It's even on a new area, never used before. Don't what I'm doing wrong.
Insulin injection?

The first couple Libre I had some slight allergic reaction (I think) to the adhesive. Body seems to shrug that off now

EverSense emailed me today, they want me back
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #28
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Insulin injection?

The first couple Libre I had some slight allergic reaction (I think) to the adhesive. Body seems to shrug that off now

Yes, insulin injection. Been a type 2 diabetic for 20 years. Been taking insulin for about 10 years.

Used to take it in my stomach. Moved to the haunches in my sides. Not much there but I'm trying to make the most of it.

Lantus Solostar. Not the best but cheap. $1100.00 without insurance, free with my insurance, til my wife quits working part time. Then Medicare. We'll see how much that'll be.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 04:05 PM   #29
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Insulin injection?

Yes, insulin injection. Been a type 2 diabetic for 20 years. Been taking insulin for about 10 years.

Used to take it in my stomach. Moved to the haunches in my sides. Not much there but I'm trying to make the most of it.

Lantus Solostar. Not the best but cheap. $1100.00 without insurance, free with my insurance, til my wife quits working part time. Then Medicare. We'll see how much that'll be.
Get off my lawn but way back in the bottle/syringe days, I was taught to put the needle in, pull the plunger back a bit before injecting. There was just something unusual sometime. If I did inject, I'd get a bubble. The insulin didn't make it sub-q. You may need a longer needle if it continues to bubble. It's probably not being absorbed properly then
Appreciate 1
Esteban8254.00
      04-15-2021, 04:09 PM   #30
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Get off my lawn but way back in the bottle/syringe days, I was taught to put the needle in, pull the plunger back a bit before injecting. There was just something unusual sometime. If I did inject, I'd get a bubble. The insulin didn't make it sub-q. You may need a longer needle if it continues to bubble. It's probably not being absorbed properly then
Have you seen the needles they use these days? They are tiny. Do you think that could be the problem? They, so far, are not offering me another option. I think I am getting off not having to use a regular size needle. Help!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 04:11 PM   #31
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Have you seen the needles they use these days? They are tiny. Do you think that could be the problem? They, so far, are not offering me another option. I think I am getting off not having to use a regular size needle. Help!
It's not the thickness it's the length there are longer options

Yes, I know exactly what I typed
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 04:19 PM   #32
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'm not saying you don't know what you typed, just wondering if I should ask my doctor for something different than I'm using. 4mm x 32g needles. This is what they're using these days. What are you using?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 04:25 PM   #33
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not saying you don't know what you typed, just wondering if I should ask my doctor for something different than I'm using. 4mm x 32g needles. This is what their using these days. What are you using?
There are 2 33guage options here. IIRC, 5/32 and 3/16. I asked for the longer ones because sun/leather covering my fat

I just looked and I have 5/16 (8mm)
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 04:47 PM   #34
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There are 2 33guage options here. IIRC, 5/32 and 3/16. I asked for the longer ones because sun/leather covering my fat

Are you type 1? Don't know if it matters.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 12:56 PM   #35
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Are you type 1? Don't know if it matters.
I am

Tresiba is the better long acting insulin. I don't know the price, all my insulin is $300/3 month supply
Appreciate 1
Esteban8254.00