04-11-2020, 08:51 AM   #23
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I'm not good with batteries.. have a 12V Battery Pulse charger 5A, input voltage 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 75W can I use this or does it have to be a proper trickle charger.
Any charger will be better than nothing, just put it on a low setting and leave it a while. Be sure to use the under bonnet connections.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 11:56 AM   #24
///M_life
Private
Rep
Drives: M6, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted M5 View Post
Have you contemplated that you might have to install an oem battery? I personally have had issues with aftermarket brands when it comes to bmw.
Yes i have, BMW told me it needs an OEM BMW battery when they serviced the car. My indy shop that installed it said its registered and brought his auto logic out for a second time to makesure its registered. Texted him the next day its still popping up and he never replied lol. Its a Deka Gold battery. But like i said, each day after its first drive the message/warning dissapears. Its each morning first start up that i see it. Im not sure how to tell if something is drawing off it while its "sleeping". I think in either case its okay and will be fine, it will just shorten life of the battery a bit. comes with a 1 year warranty.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60062.50
      04-11-2020, 11:57 AM   #25
///M_life
Private
Rep
Drives: M6, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
Any charger will be better than nothing, just put it on a low setting and leave it a while. Be sure to use the under bonnet connections.
Im in an apartment until August so a charger is a bit difficult to do now. Im 23, buying my first house in August so will be able to go that route then and keep it plugged in.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60062.50
      04-12-2020, 12:46 PM   #26
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
What a difference. Never charged battery for 3 years, now charged for 8 odd hours and stop/start coming on like crazy woowie!
I assume you found this out whilst doing an essential shop?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 02:50 PM   #27
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Doing food delivery to vulnerable person officer.
On your way sir, give it some welly.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 04:09 PM   #28
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Mine is on a battery tender whenever not in use. I only drive the car once or so a week during the nice months out of the year.
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 09:40 AM   #29
mechatony11
Rep
Drives: toyota

I apologize for bringing up this old thread. I had a similar issue with my car, it turns out that I had a poor battery cable connection, the negative terminal was loose, so it caused the error message to appear. Cleaning the battery post from corrosion and re-tightening it made my car work properly. I did a lot of searches on this issue and came on in depth article which may be worth reading, search for " BMW Increased Battery Discharge on YOUCANIC" and you will see an article that goes over common causes and possible fixes, you can read about it yourself. I hope this information can assist someone else with a similar issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 11:52 AM   #30
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
good call

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechatony11 View Post
I apologize for bringing up this old thread. I had a similar issue with my car, it turns out that I had a poor battery cable connection, the negative terminal was loose, so it caused the error message to appear. Cleaning the battery post from corrosion and re-tightening it made my car work properly. I did a lot of searches on this issue and came on in depth article which may be worth reading, search for " BMW Increased Battery Discharge on YOUCANIC" and you will see an article that goes over common causes and possible fixes, you can read about it yourself. I hope this information can assist someone else with a similar issue.

I will give this a try thanks for the information

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0