BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

10-03-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
amar123
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 supercharged

Rear suspension squeaky on uneven road/speed Bump

Hi all recently i have had a issue, the rear end as go over speed bumps or uneven road i can hear some sort of noise. Its coming from the suspension sounds like spring related or anti roll bar bush? its a squeeky type of noise i think its a rubber or possible spring issue.

Just phoned bmw and they say the bushes on the roll bar can not be purchased on there own you have to buy the whole roll bar.

I have looked online and apparently the rear springs and anti roll bar is a common problem on the f10's across in usa.

Anyone ever had same issue.. its embarrassing when you have a passenger and they can this noise from the rear, noise only happens when going over a speed Bump or uneven surface (basically under load) normal smooth road you can not hear it.

Its only been making this noise since i come back from my euro trip which have 4 people in the car and fully loaded boot, the boot was completely full no space the side carpet trims had been forced a little.

i am just wondering if it could be anything to do with that

Last edited by amar123; 10-03-2018 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2018, 06:17 PM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Could be anything just need to have good ear to home in on where it could be.Check the stabiliser bar ends for security.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
BalSingh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E31, F20 and F10

As above, any visual inspection around these components to check for wear/damage. Could check top mounts too and rule out before getting on to the major parts...

The squeaking must be loud to hear from the interior...?
Appreciate 0