06-27-2019, 05:01 AM   #23
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
With the fortune they spend on doing up 5 and 6 series making up a fake M they probably wouldn't have to re-mortgage the house to get the real thing.
ive thought that so many times.. all the mods was your down payment/gap for an M.

my first bmw was an f10 550i just under 2 years ago just to see if id like a bimmer, i did of course, and i ended up adding this ..and that.. and eventually i was like "man, im just trying to be an m5" and thats when i started looking for my m5. never put an ///m badge though thank goodness i wasnt that clueless. debadged it actually

however, i dont judge people on finances or money or what they dont have bc i know buying cars, trading, being upside down, depreciation, etc makes ppl just have to/want to live with what they got a lot.
BUT
i do judge ppl on what they do have and their taste with what they do with what they have
AND
when money is not a limiting factor a person's true taste is revealed.
im of course impressed by classy with big money, but more impressed by classy with limited money
its all just a game though, this life... people that fall into money(lottery, inheritances) are almost always a HOOT! tacky as hell out of ignorance which is why they had to fall into money and didnt earn it etc etc,
but
i love seeing the SHIT they buy. lol. u can like tell theyve never been a consumer before and they fall for sucker stuff and u can tell they just impulse buy on every shelf and display.. and these are who buys yellow cars lol.
but no, really its just fresh on my mind bc of a few new neighbors lol.
its so funny
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60060.50
      06-27-2019, 07:27 AM   #24
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
With the fortune they spend on doing up 5 and 6 series making up a fake M they probably wouldn't have to re-mortgage the house to get the real thing.
The problem isn't buying them, it's running and maintaining them.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2019, 10:43 AM   #25
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Had this in for service and drivetrain malfunction today. M6 with the big 3.0l diesel .

My real M parked along side laughing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 04:49 PM   #26
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
Had this in for service and drivetrain malfunction today. M6 with the big 3.0l diesel .

Ha! I can't stand that stuff! Leaving my daughters lacrosse game the other day, one of the fathers has a stock 5 series. He walks around like he is top shit.... we're leaving and I look at his car and he has M badging all around. I could not stop laughing, I hate posers.
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2019, 03:46 AM   #27
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
ive thought that so many times.. all the mods was your down payment/gap for an M.

my first bmw was an f10 550i just under 2 years ago just to see if id like a bimmer, i did of course, and i ended up adding this ..and that.. and eventually i was like "man, im just trying to be an m5" and thats when i started looking for my m5. never put an ///m badge though thank goodness i wasnt that clueless. debadged it actually

however, i dont judge people on finances or money or what they dont have bc i know buying cars, trading, being upside down, depreciation, etc makes ppl just have to/want to live with what they got a lot.
BUT
i do judge ppl on what they do have and their taste with what they do with what they have
AND
when money is not a limiting factor a person's true taste is revealed.
im of course impressed by classy with big money, but more impressed by classy with limited money
its all just a game though, this life... people that fall into money(lottery, inheritances) are almost always a HOOT! tacky as hell out of ignorance which is why they had to fall into money and didnt earn it etc etc,
but
i love seeing the SHIT they buy. lol. u can like tell theyve never been a consumer before and they fall for sucker stuff and u can tell they just impulse buy on every shelf and display.. and these are who buys yellow cars lol.
but no, really its just fresh on my mind bc of a few new neighbors lol.
its so funny
Yes I can think of a few tacky examples, one was an army camouflaged Bentley GT.
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2019, 07:58 AM   #28
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The problem isn't buying them, it's running and maintaining them.
maintenance on an N63 is worse than S63

and maintenance on any car is pricey at the dealer

u ever heard some shit hyundai tries to charge out of warranty.. and honda and toyota..

at least with an Mcar its fun to maintain and worth it, hell most of us upgrade a part b4 it even has to be maintained/serviced

in any other car it's like "oh god, I gotta pay that to keep driving this boring POS?!"

but with the m5 i only want the dealer touching it.. for numeroussss reasons (I already learned my lesson with non-dealership mechanics in lesser cars when I was younger, and again recently just something as simple as getting tires put on my mom's 750 at a reputable tire store- they still cross threaded the bolts - even after I asked the guy very nicely "hey please hand thread them b4 u hit it with the wrench" and he looked at me like I was stupid..

the guys at my dealer dont do dumb stuff like that and they actually fixed the lugbolt fiasco at no charge. and took them like 2 days
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 08:44 AM   #29
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireM5 View Post
Ha! I can't stand that stuff! Leaving my daughters lacrosse game the other day, one of the fathers has a stock 5 series. He walks around like he is top shit.... we're leaving and I look at his car and he has M badging all around. I could not stop laughing, I hate posers.
thats awesome! dont u just love that shit! i love it when a guy in a suit walks around like theyre the real deal, and then some fat dude wearing old sweats with a ketchup stain steps out the shadows and reveals himself to be the real deal.

realtors always have good open house stories... rich people dont dress up to go look at or buy houses. its always a guy dressed like a bum that pays cash. etc etc

i also love observing how other bmw drivers and all other drivers drive in my presence when im in my trusty old 4runner versus my m5. its an open window into human consciousness/mentality [im serious]

i love observing judgements and making judgements on judgements. lol
dont ever judge anyone negatively at first glance, u gotta pick peoples brains first. i love being surprised
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2019, 08:48 AM   #30
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
Quote:
thats awesome! dont u just love that shit! i love it when a guy in a suit walks around like theyre the real deal, and then some fat dude wearing old sweats with a ketchup stain steps out the shadows and reveals himself to be the real deal.

realtors always have good open house stories... rich people dont dress up to go look at or buy houses. its always a guy dressed like a bum that pays cash. etc etc

i also love observing how other bmw drivers and all other drivers drive in my presence when im in my trusty old 4runner versus my m5. its a an open window into human consciousness/mentality [im serious]

i love observing judgements and making judgements on judgements. lol
dont ever judge anyone negatively at first glance, u gotta pick peoples brains first. i love being surprised
Exactly! Lol I called the guy a hand job out loud, my wife just looked at me because the kids were in the car. I was like sorry babes, I can't stand that shit!

I daily drive a 2007 Honda Civic I love the car I keep it spotless and it gets me 30 mpg! I love how people judge me when I drive it, same thing you describe. I live in a wealthy area and surrounded by hi end cars, I just look at smile when I'm in my Civic.
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 08:54 AM   #31
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

e60 at my dealer weeks ago. m5 badge

i knew it wasnt an m5 but it had the M5 rear exhaust valance and quad exhaust too.

but the passenger side tips were a lil droopy. i got on my knees and ill be damned, no canister, but real e60 m5 tips. just hangin'.. lol why?

thats like being a liar 24/7 and telling a lie every second of every day lol.

but thats why we hate posers. a poser is a liar. a liar that puts a lot of effort into lying.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #32
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Exactly! Lol I called the guy a hand job out loud, my wife just looked at me because the kids were in the car. I was like sorry babes, I can't stand that shit!

I daily drive a 2007 Honda Civic I love the car I keep it spotless and it gets me 30 mpg! I love how people judge me when I drive it, same thing you describe. I live in a wealthy area and surrounded by hi end cars, I just look at smile when I'm in my Civic.
lol. same here. I love my 4runner. it's actually very valuable but regular people don't know that shit. it's a limited 4wd millennium silver metallic with the rare locking rear differential. eventually it will be worth more than the F10 I do believe.. we will see

but yeah its slow and old, and i have an m5 license plate frame on the lic plate..lol. i'm sure lots of people say oh that poor guy wrecked his m5 or he desperately wants an m5.

but you know we wouldn't be so quick to smile and laugh and love these beater cars if we didn't have an M5 in the garage that they are saving miles and damage on.

Last edited by BeachM5nster; 06-29-2019 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 12:50 PM   #33
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Mercedes owners do the same.

Another real performance saloon in again today.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 12:47 AM   #34
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mercedes owners do the same.

Another real performance saloon in again today.
yea that sucks. there is a whole instagram account full of fake m's. and others. its called @fakemgram
Appreciate 0