M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-24-2023, 10:38 PM   #309
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
13066
Rep
4,565
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation

According to CBS Sports, yesterday’s Cowboys vs. Commanders game had 41.438 million viewers.

It’s the most-watched program on any network since Super Bowl LVII and the third-most watched NFL regular season game ever.

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is exactly why the DALLAS COWBOYS are the most valuable sports franchise on Earth!!!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34078.00
      11-26-2023, 08:08 PM   #310
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
797
Rep
250
Posts

Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: SEPA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-PA View Post
9-1?!!
Wheeewwwwwww baby. 3-0 in the gauntlet and 10-1 overall. Ugly wins still count as wins
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34078.00
      11-27-2023, 01:47 PM   #311
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
AmuroRay's Avatar
1964
Rep
3,765
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 3
vreihen1613502.00
Torgus3721.00
Clark_Kent2065.50
      11-28-2023, 02:36 AM   #312
rundeyvoo
Captain
rundeyvoo's Avatar
453
Rep
845
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 / X3 / 330e / 330i
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: SoCal USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-PA View Post
Wheeewwwwwww baby. 3-0 in the gauntlet and 10-1 overall. Ugly wins still count as wins
This was a great comeback win for the Birds... real nail-biter until the end (for both teams and fans)

One of the best games this past weekend (imo).
Appreciate 1
vreihen1613502.00
      11-28-2023, 09:12 AM   #313
JMcLellan
Captain
JMcLellan's Avatar
1340
Rep
724
Posts

Drives: 19 BMW M240i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

I apologize to everyone who watched that disaster of a football game between the Bears and the Vikes last night. That was sooooo bad. And to all folks who were ready to sign Dobbs to a long-term deal and write off Cousins you need to sober up.
__________________
2019 M240i RWD-- VRSF Downpipe, CTS Chargepipe, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance LSD, Apex EC-7's with PS4's
Appreciate 1
lakefront494.50
      11-28-2023, 03:26 PM   #314
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
TXSTYLE's Avatar
United_States
13066
Rep
4,565
Posts

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The GYM! (The Burbs - N TX)

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
I apologize to everyone who watched that disaster of a football game between the Bears and the Vikes last night. That was sooooo bad. And to all folks who were ready to sign Dobbs to a long-term deal and write off Cousins you need to sober up.
You know what was even worse and more concern than Dobbs....
Fields. I actually feel for the kid. I'm not sure if it's the Coaching, System or him?
He won't return to Chicago next season.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1339.50
      11-28-2023, 04:01 PM   #315
JMcLellan
Captain
JMcLellan's Avatar
1340
Rep
724
Posts

Drives: 19 BMW M240i
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
You know what was even worse and more concern than Dobbs....
Fields. I actually feel for the kid. I'm not sure if it's the Coaching, System or him?
He won't return to Chicago next season.
Agreed and I believe he is the issue. He has trouble processing the routes down field and takes too long to determine where to pass the ball. He is an elite athlete and got by in college as a QB with college level competition. I would love to see a team convert him into a Taysom Hill type of role. Why couldn't he catch some passes, run the ball, and every once and a while chuck the ball down the field? Chicago should cut ties with Fields and then draft a QB and Marvin Harrison Jr. with their two first round picks in April.
__________________
2019 M240i RWD-- VRSF Downpipe, CTS Chargepipe, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance LSD, Apex EC-7's with PS4's
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2023, 08:54 PM   #316
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Clark_Kent's Avatar
2066
Rep
1,804
Posts

Drives: Retired
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Chicago's problems are deeper than the talent on the field. Matt Eberflus is not the answer and I expect him to get fired at the end of the season. He's not an NFL Head Coach. This shit ain't for everybody.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 11:43 AM   #317
lakefront
Captain
495
Rep
723
Posts

Drives: 2017 Macan GTS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SE Wisconsin

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Chicago's problems are deeper than the talent on the field. Matt Eberflus is not the answer and I expect him to get fired at the end of the season. He's not an NFL Head Coach. This shit ain't for everybody.
Agree about the Bear's coaching, but problems there don't stop with him. All the high draft positions they've been in for years, what do they have to show for it? They have a great spot to draft again this year....anyone think they won't screw it up again? Drafting a guy like Fields is a classic move. When was the last really good OSU quarterback? (aside from Stroud of course) They are all great athletes that thrive in the college game with run and pass but are not NFL ready QBs. The Lions finally turned it around after so many down years, eventually the Bears will too. But prolly not with the group they have now.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 11:57 AM   #318
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
3721
Rep
7,082
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
.
I love it. When do they start calling it the TB curse?

Tom Brady lost 66 games in 20 years as the starter for the Patriots. The Patriots have lost 33 games since Brady left—half the amount Brady did in 20 years.

Last edited by Torgus; 11-30-2023 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 12:44 PM   #319
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
AmuroRay's Avatar
1964
Rep
3,765
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
I love it.
Me too - the last piece of this is the Cam Newton redemption arc.
__________________
Mods: Yes.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 02:41 PM   #320
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Clark_Kent's Avatar
2066
Rep
1,804
Posts

Drives: Retired
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Agree about the Bear's coaching, but problems there don't stop with him. All the high draft positions they've been in for years, what do they have to show for it? They have a great spot to draft again this year....anyone think they won't screw it up again? Drafting a guy like Fields is a classic move. When was the last really good OSU quarterback? (aside from Stroud of course) They are all great athletes that thrive in the college game with run and pass but are not NFL ready QBs. The Lions finally turned it around after so many down years, eventually the Bears will too. But prolly not with the group they have now.
Most definitely and Ryan Pace got fired for that. He had an awful record of acquiring talent - both drafting players and securing free agents - and hiring head coaches. He hit on maybe 5-6 players in what I believe was 8 years. He hired John Fox and Matt Nagy as coaches. Not good. And let's not talk about the draft capital that guy traded away relative to what he got in return. Just bad all around. What's interesting about the NFL is these teams create an environment where a meritocracy is created and maintained for the players to a fault at times, but that same approach does not align with how they care for the front office. Teams hire mediocre performers on a loop. Some of these guys are not good at what they do; however, they continue to be enriched and rewarded personally (financial) and professionally (experience/stature) while others are locked out. It's wild to me, I don't get it. Well, I do, but I don't if that makes sense.
__________________
Retired: 2018 BMW M3 CS, 2018 BMW M3 ZCP, 2016 BMW M3
Appreciate 1
lakefront494.50
      11-30-2023, 03:06 PM   #321
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
3721
Rep
7,082
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Me too - the last piece of this is the Cam Newton redemption arc.
When does the arc start?

https://www.marca.com/en/nfl/2023/11...54f8b45e2.html
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:58 AM   #322
sygazelle
Brigadier General
10129
Rep
3,354
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
According to CBS Sports, yesterday’s Cowboys vs. Commanders game had 41.438 million viewers.

It’s the most-watched program on any network since Super Bowl LVII and the third-most watched NFL regular season game ever.

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is exactly why the DALLAS COWBOYS are the most valuable sports franchise on Earth!!!
It's nice that they are valuable.

It's time they live up to the winning ways and get back into the Superbowl. They are long overdue.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:05 AM   #323
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
3858
Rep
2,492
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Ugly game but Dak put the team on his back and balled out.

defense forgot to show up, secondary looked terrible, especially our safeties, but Dak played a near perfect game.

Now we need to keep the momentum going and actually finish the game vs the Eagles this time.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #324
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
AmuroRay's Avatar
1964
Rep
3,765
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I was hoping for a Seahawk win, Geno was putting in WORK
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST