M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

11-28-2022, 01:10 PM   #1
cs.m6
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 2017

60-130 for stage 2 93 and up

I'm tuned on stage 2 93 OTS and my best 60-130 is 7.46, what are some ways to improve my times? Can I run an e30 tune with stock clutch and hpfp?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2023, 08:43 PM   #2
Black Panda
Nick
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 Comp

Our bmws can trim +25% or -25% on short term fuel trims.. you can put e25 mix on a M5 F10 car and it will be fine.. I would definitely get an ethanol reader because alcohol content from pump E85 fluctuates. You could fill up one day and the Content is E58.... you could come back in a week or go to a different pump and it could be E70... so right there that's 12% more ethanol in your fuel..Main thing is you don't want to go lean (AFR) where the trims are maxed out and you blow your engine.. I have a wide band sensor that I hooked up with Guage so I know what's going on at all times. And no you can't replace the Factory O2s with widebands.. I use a Zeixtronix ethanol sensor and a innovate psn1 Guage which measures AFR/Bottle pressure which I used on my cls63 when I ran nitrous.. Now I just use it for the AFR on the bmw.. I would start with e20 and see how it runs.. 1st I'd do a test with the setup you have now and compare your performance times with the same temp/humidity outside . Mainly 60-130 mph. Then add a little ethanol and see the difference.. As far as Stock clutch I was informed anything over 640rwhp with DCT tranny could cause some slippage... 640rwhp is A lot of power. That's like 734 crank Hp.. I wouldn't push it pass that.. By the way I have a bms intake,downpipe to free flow exhaust with stock mufflers and a Dinan stage 1 piggyback... on the dyno I made 635rwhp 670lbs tq.. running on 93pump with my ethanol at 20% I ran 60-130 mph vbox2 in 7 seconds... 0-100 mph 6.75 seconds . I am in South Florida so we have humidity and hotter IAT temperatures then most parts of the country so make sure you watch your IAT temps.. when I recorded my runs it was at night around 80° out and 70% humididty.. Be careful because the colder Air is gonna make it run better but watch your AFR.. I put 305s on the rear for daily driving pirelli pzero 305/30/zr20.. Much better hook up then the Michelins. Now if I put on Drag Radials it's a whole different ball game especially from the dig.. that's where the rear wheel drive M5s lose time..Spinning in 1st.
AWD they just floor it and there gone. We have to pedal it and launch it correctly which takes time, experience and of course a lot of Tread and good tires.. that's why We have high trap times because once we hook it's like a missile but our ET suffer... my best time so far in the 1/4 with these Pzeros was 11.1 @126mph.. Just take it slow. And with the HPFP and e30 tuned it will definitely make a better time just watch the 640rwhp rated dcts.. Then again you could always upgrade. Depends on how much power you want to make and be able to put to the ground. I'm right around the Limit for supposed slip but I haven't noticed anything yet.. so far so good.. Best of luck to you
Appreciate 1
cs.m60.00
      03-08-2023, 02:35 AM   #3
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs.m6 View Post
I'm tuned on stage 2 93 OTS and my best 60-130 is 7.46, what are some ways to improve my times? Can I run an e30 tune with stock clutch and hpfp?
Impressive times, with my OTSstage 2 91 ACN the best I’ve gotten is 7.9
Appreciate 1
cs.m60.00
      03-22-2023, 09:54 AM   #4
cs.m6
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panda View Post
Our bmws can trim +25% or -25% on short term fuel trims.. you can put e25 mix on a M5 F10 car and it will be fine.. I would definitely get an ethanol reader because alcohol content from pump E85 fluctuates. You could fill up one day and the Content is E58.... you could come back in a week or go to a different pump and it could be E70... so right there that's 12% more ethanol in your fuel..Main thing is you don't want to go lean (AFR) where the trims are maxed out and you blow your engine.. I have a wide band sensor that I hooked up with Guage so I know what's going on at all times. And no you can't replace the Factory O2s with widebands.. I use a Zeixtronix ethanol sensor and a innovate psn1 Guage which measures AFR/Bottle pressure which I used on my cls63 when I ran nitrous.. Now I just use it for the AFR on the bmw.. I would start with e20 and see how it runs.. 1st I'd do a test with the setup you have now and compare your performance times with the same temp/humidity outside . Mainly 60-130 mph. Then add a little ethanol and see the difference.. As far as Stock clutch I was informed anything over 640rwhp with DCT tranny could cause some slippage... 640rwhp is A lot of power. That's like 734 crank Hp.. I wouldn't push it pass that.. By the way I have a bms intake,downpipe to free flow exhaust with stock mufflers and a Dinan stage 1 piggyback... on the dyno I made 635rwhp 670lbs tq.. running on 93pump with my ethanol at 20% I ran 60-130 mph vbox2 in 7 seconds... 0-100 mph 6.75 seconds . I am in South Florida so we have humidity and hotter IAT temperatures then most parts of the country so make sure you watch your IAT temps.. when I recorded my runs it was at night around 80° out and 70% humididty.. Be careful because the colder Air is gonna make it run better but watch your AFR.. I put 305s on the rear for daily driving pirelli pzero 305/30/zr20.. Much better hook up then the Michelins. Now if I put on Drag Radials it's a whole different ball game especially from the dig.. that's where the rear wheel drive M5s lose time..Spinning in 1st.
AWD they just floor it and there gone. We have to pedal it and launch it correctly which takes time, experience and of course a lot of Tread and good tires.. that's why We have high trap times because once we hook it's like a missile but our ET suffer... my best time so far in the 1/4 with these Pzeros was 11.1 @126mph.. Just take it slow. And with the HPFP and e30 tuned it will definitely make a better time just watch the 640rwhp rated dcts.. Then again you could always upgrade. Depends on how much power you want to make and be able to put to the ground. I'm right around the Limit for supposed slip but I haven't noticed anything yet.. so far so good.. Best of luck to you
Definitely a solid piece of advice to install an ethanol content analyzer, that's so much better than measuring ethanol content manually. I've used e30 on my 2015 550i and it seemed to thrive off it. I've also heard that since my M6 is a 2017 it has an updated hpfp, don't know if that makes a difference but I will definitely speak with my tuner about a custom e25 map. I've got a custom tune I recently changed to on 93 with lower torque and better top end to preserve my clutch. Best time was 7.11, can not do digs here in Chicago because 1, it is cold as hell for more than half the year, and 2 these roads are beat to sh*t. 11.1 in the quarter is crazy though from your M5 f10. Might look into getting nittos to hook better.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 09:57 AM   #5
cs.m6
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstm5 View Post
Impressive times, with my OTSstage 2 91 ACN the best I’ve gotten is 7.9
Thanks, I believe the 93 octane map provides a slightly better top end. My custom map shaved off .3 from my time.
Appreciate 0