M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

02-05-2022, 02:02 AM   #1
amrits_12
Rep
Drives: e70 x5m

F10 m5 vs w212 e63/w218 cls63

Listed my cls63 for sale recently just testing waters and have some intrest, looking at a f10 m5. How do they differentiate? Does the m5 feel more "fun"? Lighter or tighter. My brother has a c63 507 which feels very tight N handles much better. I know a mid size sedan will never compare to a small sedan buy which would Handle better and feel closer to a "sports" car. Don't want a c63 or m3etc. So my main option Is a m5. My cls63 has 750 hp but don't care about just going fast anymore but want FUN. Is it really worth selling my cls? And how is gas? My cls is getting pretty good gas around 14 l/100km 16 mpg even when driving fast probably because so much low end power. Don't want to be filling up all the time but don't mind to to much. Has same motor as my e70 x5m and that drank fuel which was annoying. Reliability will be simmilar, both have some things wrong but not anything big. Or should I just get a e60 m5 for half the price and spend the rest of the money on gas and repairing it...All opinions will be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 10:51 AM   #2
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Is the cls not fun anymore or you just want a change?

I had a cls too and the build quality was better. The M5 is a lot more fun though, especially with the DCT transmission.

It does need downpipes though, otherwise it's too quiet and takes away from the experience.

As for the gas consumption, it's pretty bad. If I drive it and have fun I'm getting 11-13 mpg, if driving like a grandma I'm getting 17-18. I've tried really hard a few times to see what the best mpg I could get was and I didn't get better than 19 for the tank. Imo the car is so fun that you can't drive it slow.

Where do you live?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 12:32 PM   #3
amrits_12
Rep
Drives: e70 x5m

Calgary Alberta, lots of snow but I got studded tires on my cls and was very very good. The cls is fun but I just feel to insulated. When I floor it I don't "feel" like im going much faster until I look at the speedo if that makes sense. Where as in my brother c63 you can really feel the speed even though it's got 200 less hp. One thing that will bother me is the noise. I love the noise of my cls sounds like a thunderstorm. Why do you say the m5 is more fun? What parts make it more fun
Appreciate 0