M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

06-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #67
BIMMERMANM5
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Hi - I brought a F10 M5 a 63 Plate LCI about 3 weeks ago, I am based in the South and the car come form Glasgow, the options were all ticked. Make sure you get one well specced as their are numerous options on this car. Its a awesome car although the DCT box has its quirks at times or its just a matter of me getting used to it still as I have always had conventional autos. The first thing I did was put a BMW comprehensive warranty for the year with a £100 excess that set me back £995 for the year, I wanted to enjoy the car and not to worry about the stuff you have been thinking about. Its a good car and the power is immense but it does struggle to put it all down without the traction light going on etc..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 08:53 AM   #68
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMERMANM5 View Post
Hi - I brought a F10 M5 a 63 Plate LCI about 3 weeks ago, I am based in the South and the car come form Glasgow, the options were all ticked. Make sure you get one well specced as their are numerous options on this car. Its a awesome car although the DCT box has its quirks at times or its just a matter of me getting used to it still as I have always had conventional autos. The first thing I did was put a BMW comprehensive warranty for the year with a £100 excess that set me back £995 for the year, I wanted to enjoy the car and not to worry about the stuff you have been thinking about. Its a good car and the power is immense but it does struggle to put it all down without the traction light going on etc..
What make tyres and size have you on the rears.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #69
BIMMERMANM5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Pilot Sport all round mate, about 3 months old. When I go to throttle sport plus and gearbox on D3 it sometimes struggles
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:27 AM   #70
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Quote:
Pilot Sport all round mate, about 3 months old. When I go to throttle sport plus and gearbox on D3 it sometimes struggles
You need Pilot Sport 4s

295 are standard but 305s also fit although the insurance company may need to be informed as it's technically not standard
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #71
tinysM5
Private
Rep
Drives: subaru

Quote:
is that the highest level of cover you can get with the warranty? how did you get it so cheap?

i did a mock quote and it came out @ £156 per month
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #72
Dwaynos
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinysM5 View Post
is that the highest level of cover you can get with the warranty? how did you get it so cheap?

Same with me, I was quoted nearly 2k per year. I would pay 1k all day long for a fully comprehensive BMW warranty.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #73
Grizzle34
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2017 G12 740Ld Xdrive M Sport

Quote:
guys.........if i bought from a dealer and say for example he gave me 2 years warranty but after 18 months the engine died and got replaced by bmw would i get 2 years warranty on the new engine as bmw state they offer two years warranty on parts? or would i just get the remaining 6 months?

cheers
you get the 2 year warranty.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 02:14 PM   #74
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post
You need Pilot Sport 4s

295 are standard but 305s also fit although the insurance company may need to be informed as it's technically not standard
When I spoke with my insurance company about the 305's and they said it made no difference in this case.
They are more concerned with people fitting standard tyres on overwide wheels saving money on wider tyres.
Appreciate 1
OneExtra809.50
      06-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #75
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You need Pilot Sport 4s

When I spoke with my insurance company about the 305's and they said it made no difference in this case.
They are more concerned with people fitting standard tyres on overwide wheels saving money on wider tyres.
Worth checking though given how tricky they can be
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      06-20-2019, 04:12 AM   #76
BIMMERMANM5
Rep

Quote:

A: The car is under 60k Miles
B: If you pay for the warranty for the whole year rather than monthly
installments you get a discount from them
C: If your BMW warranty has lapsed from the previous owner and you
purchase one from them they put you on the lapse policy which is a higher
premium and the following year you will get the better rate

So with me the car was under 60k miles, I paid in one hit for the whole year and I argued the case that I don't want to pay lapse rate as its only been expired for 3 months and that is because the previous owner wanted to sell the car. Reading from all the forums you shouldn't run one of these without a warranty hence that is the first thing I did and budgeted for this.

I want to throw this out to the group who runs one without a warranty and have they had high bills? Also nice to see what options people have on their cars so what do the people consider as must have options?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 07:46 AM   #77
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
A: The car is under 60k Miles
B: If you pay for the warranty for the whole year rather than monthly
installments you get a discount from them
C: If your BMW warranty has lapsed from the previous owner and you
purchase one from them they put you on the lapse policy which is a higher
premium and the following year you will get the better rate

So with me the car was under 60k miles, I paid in one hit for the whole year and I argued the case that I don't want to pay lapse rate as its only been expired for 3 months and that is because the previous owner wanted to sell the car. Reading from all the forums you shouldn't run one of these without a warranty hence that is the first thing I did and budgeted for this.

I want to throw this out to the group who runs one without a warranty and have they had high bills? Also nice to see what options people have on their cars so what do the people consider as must have options?

Thanks
I have a lot of options on my car as it was one of the last ones made so came nearly fully loaded, however must have options would include

Competition Pack
M-Performance seats

Other options which are nice but not a deal breaker would be

Surround View
LED Headlights

Options I have that are great

B&O Sound system
Alcantara Roof lining
Online Entertainment
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 08:20 AM   #78
tinysM5
Private
Rep
Drives: subaru

Quote:
I have a lot of options on my car as it was one of the last ones made so came nearly fully loaded, however must have options would include

Competition Pack
M-Performance seats

Other options which are nice but not a deal breaker would be

Surround View
LED Headlights

Options I have that are great

B&O Sound system
Alcantara Roof lining
Online Entertainment
What does the competition pack give you?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 08:28 AM   #79
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
What does the competition pack give you?
What is the Competition Package and what does it consist of?

The Competition Package for the F10 M5, known by the internal option code 7MA, was introduced beginning with July, 2013 production and consisted of the following features:

—Revised engine management with different boost mapping, yielding 15 additional horsepower (for a total of 575)

—Sport exhaust with black chrome tips

—Revised suspension tuning with shorter (by 10mm) and stiffer (by 20 percent) springs, stiffer damping rates (by 20 percent), stiffer front axle bushings and increased anti-roll bar stiffness (by 15 percent)

—Quicker steering rack (by 10 percent) with revised Servotronic software

—Retuned Active M Differential software

—Retuned M Dynamic Mode (MDM) for Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)

—20-inch cast alloy "Style 601M" alloy wheels, sized 9x20-inch (front) and 10x20-inch (rear)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 09:04 AM   #80
BIMMERMANM5
Rep

Quote:
What is the Competition Package and what does it consist of?

The Competition Package for the F10 M5, known by the internal option code 7MA, was introduced beginning with July, 2013 production and consisted of the following features:

—Revised engine management with different boost mapping, yielding 15 additional horsepower (for a total of 575)

—Sport exhaust with black chrome tips

—Revised suspension tuning with shorter (by 10mm) and stiffer (by 20 percent) springs, stiffer damping rates (by 20 percent), stiffer front axle bushings and increased anti-roll bar stiffness (by 15 percent)

—Quicker steering rack (by 10 percent) with revised Servotronic software

—Retuned Active M Differential software

—Retuned M Dynamic Mode (MDM) for Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)

—20-inch cast alloy "Style 601M" alloy wheels, sized 9x20-inch (front) and 10x20-inch (rear)

This may sound really silly but what does Quicker steering rack (by 10 percent) with revised Servotronic software mean? I have a non competition pack and against my previous 335i i find the M5 has a small turning circle when locking the steering wheel to carry out 3 point turns etc..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 09:08 AM   #81
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
This may sound really silly but what does Quicker steering rack (by 10 percent) with revised Servotronic software mean? I have a non competition pack and against my previous 335i i find the M5 has a small turning circle when locking the steering wheel to carry out 3 point turns etc..
I am not 100% sure but would say it reacts quicker to the inputs
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 09:31 AM   #82
BIMMERMANM5
Rep

Few things I find Quirky about my F10 M5 in the 3 weeks I had it:

1. when you start the car the heating climate control comes on, it should remember last setting and it never does
2: Stop\Start always active it would be nice if it remembered the last setting
3. it will be good if it beeped on lock function so you have a audiable notification

Anyone know of any good programmers in London\Essex who can iron out a few issues for me?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #83
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Few things I find Quirky about my F10 M5 in the 3 weeks I had it:

1. when you start the car the heating climate control comes on, it should remember last setting and it never does
2: Stop\Start always active it would be nice if it remembered the last setting
3. it will be good if it beeped on lock function so you have a audiable notification

Anyone know of any good programmers in London\Essex who can iron out a few issues for me?
You can do it all yourself and a lot lot more if you buy the Bimmercode App and a dongle for the OBD

https://bimmercode.app/

Have a read its very safe and very easy. I have coded loads of things
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #84
Bmbratz
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne 955

Hi

Newbie to this and thinking of getting an M5 and I have seen this any thoughts? https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/2...7-b71eaf033b8f
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #85
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmbratz View Post
Hi

Newbie to this and thinking of getting an M5 and I have seen this any thoughts? https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/2...7-b71eaf033b8f
Hi there. For the price it looks fine being the 57k mileage,I'm a little surprised it has xenon lights instead of led pack of lci, didn't know it was an option after 2013.It's got the comfort seats which I wanted on mine but that one is missing the split/fold rear seats which may be important to you if loading long awkward items.Check the service history especially for the first running in oil service at around 1200 miles and every year or so thereafter also proof of rear diff oil change and spark plugs also which should be changed before 50k miles.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 03:19 PM   #86
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi

It’s high mileage but then it’s also low priced.

I can imagine it’s spent most of its life on a motorway

Personally I like them to have a lot lower mileage
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2019, 03:42 PM   #87
Bmbratz
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne 955

Thanks I was looking for rear split folding seats also, I rang the dealer earlier and said it has had a £9k paint job pure metal silver is that right? I'm from Walsall cars is in Newport Wales but haven't made any arrangements to have a viewing I'm not in a rush at the moment can wait to find the right one. I was thinking it will also come with minimum 12 months BMW warranty which is a bonus. After 60k miles will they still extend the warranty at renewal? Thanks for the pointers guys.!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 05:42 PM   #88
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks I was looking for rear split folding seats also, I rang the dealer earlier and said it has had a £9k paint job pure metal silver is that right? I'm from Walsall cars is in Newport Wales but haven't made any arrangements to have a viewing I'm not in a rush at the moment can wait to find the right one. I was thinking it will also come with minimum 12 months BMW warranty which is a bonus. After 60k miles will they still extend the warranty at renewal? Thanks for the pointers guys.!
The paint may be a £9k option but in reality it’s a fancy silver, most if not all of the £££ spent on paint is lost money, I doubt anyone actually paid £9k on paint and then didn’t bother to spec Comp Pack or Carbon Ceramic brakes

After 60k the warranty does get more expensive
Appreciate 0