M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-03-2023, 03:00 PM   #661
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I just saw a used G80 w 20K miles... holy shit what a clapper after only 2 years...

Mismatched tires... all M modes set to max and they still want MSRP for it lol. This car lived a hard life...

I can guarantee some cars are not meant to be driven unlimited miles and if they are beaten to death like most M cars... I would veer miles away from them so a lot of the above doesn't ring true. YMMV
You gotta be way more specific than that....
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 03:08 PM   #662
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
You gotta be way more specific than that....
what I am saying-

"Don't worry about driving cars and unlimited mileage or resale."

This is bad advice for something like a newer M car... people don't want one in as the 2nd owner with higher mileage. Above 30K miles, takes a serious beating in resale and just looks bad. Maybe if you are keeping the car forever sure (except most newer M car owners never do)... which is why the used M car market to me is really small because you have everyone that can afford new and the secondary market is clappers with higher mileage or low mileage closer to new MSRP which no one wants...

I don't think those cars are meant to be driven high mileage... hard yes but not mindless highway cruising.
      02-03-2023, 03:09 PM   #663
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Depends on the car. I ain't driving no 997 through salt infested roads.
Winter use is only one side of the equation... which is why it seems everyone wants a southern US car... Florida even better. High mileage for a specific car like that is another.
      02-03-2023, 03:15 PM   #664
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
what I am saying-

"Don't worry about driving cars and unlimited mileage or resale."

This is bad advice for something like a newer M car... people don't want one in as the 2nd owner with higher mileage. Above 30K miles, takes a serious beating in resale and just looks bad. Maybe if you are keeping the car forever sure (except most newer M car owners never do)... which is why the used M car market to me is really small because you have everyone that can afford new and the secondary market is clappers with higher mileage or low mileage closer to new MSRP which no one wants...

I don't think those cars are meant to be driven high mileage... hard yes but not mindless highway cruising.
Hmm, I don't think that poster's statement is meant to be taken completely literally. Personally, I never care about resale value, the cars are mine and mine alone and I will try to be virtually their only owner, but for sure I realize some ppl wanna change cars all the time/get some of their $ back/get bored, etc. To me, I think it's kinda silly keep the car nice(r) for the next owner: I couldn't care less.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 05:54 PM   #665
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

I didn’t mean drive coast to coast. I really meant just enjoy it while you have it, ofc don’t run it into the ground lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 09:35 PM   #666
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

my 128 vert with sports package, winter tires did fine in Ontario,
yeah I had a few scary moments, felt safe all the time,
drove her for 4 years

driving the 2 series AWD vert now, feels a lot better in snow

Quote:
my dude... i had a 135i that I drove in the winter... even got a set of winter wheels for it... thru mild snow and winters... its not something i would ever do again... if i had my x3 m40i back then and i threw on the same tires, I would feel I am in an a1 abrams tank
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 10:10 AM   #667
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5PAV View Post
I do enjoy and prefer the privacy tints offer, but that’s far from the only reason to get them.
When people use tints! It's window tint, not window tints.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 10:26 AM   #668
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
I hate alternate tunings or gimmicks like 7 string guitars. Stop messing around and just be a normal musician! LOL.
Dang, two of my favorite bands play in D Standard.

One almost exclusively with the occasional Drop C.

The other uses D Standard, Drop C, and Drop A. Drop A is cool because takes your typical Root/5th power chord structure and it makes it an octave chord.

Another one of my favorites use 8 strings tuned down half a step.
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba8780.50
      02-06-2023, 11:26 AM   #669
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
When people use tints! It's window tint, not window tints.
Amen to that. When someone says "tints" I automatically assume that they know next to nothing about cars, thus I dumb down how I speak to them.
      02-06-2023, 12:21 PM   #670
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Dang, two of my favorite bands play in D Standard.

One almost exclusively with the occasional Drop C.

The other uses D Standard, Drop C, and Drop A. Drop A is cool because takes your typical Root/5th power chord structure and it makes it an octave chord.

Another one of my favorites use 8 strings tuned down half a step.
'Tx' for making my head spin. Will NOT read again.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2023, 05:45 PM   #671
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
Really?

You had so many people say tints to you that you “instantly” assume they know nothing about cars, thus you dumb down how you speak to them?

Cool story.
Try harder.
Yes. In the BRZ/GR groups, people who say "tints" are typically the same ones that can't follow blog posts that illustrate literally every wheel spec that fits, where to go to buy parts, don't understand why not to buy rep parts, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 07:16 PM   #672
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
Keep digging
Not digging, just stating personal observations.

Not sure why it bothers you so much if you don't fit the description.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 07:43 PM   #673
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

I regret to say but those guys at Hennessey are hacks. Can't believe that Steve Tyler and many others spent $$$$$ on those monstrosities.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 08:47 AM   #674
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
I regret to say but those guys at Hennessey are hacks. Can't believe that Steve Tyler and many others spent $$$$$ on those monstrosities.
They've been dishonest hacks for years.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2023, 12:37 PM   #675
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
They've been dishonest hacks for years.
Oh really? It wasn't enough that they were hacks but they scammed ppl as well? Oh man.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 06:26 PM   #676
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Kenneth Copeland is the anti-Christ he preaches against.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 04:58 PM   #677
ASAP
Major General
Rep

authentic mexican food is either extremely bland or very spicy to give it any flavor
      02-16-2023, 08:29 PM   #678
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Really?

You had so many people say tints to you that you “instantly” assume they know nothing about cars, thus you dumb down how you speak to them?

Cool story.
Try harder.

Triggered much? Jeez.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 07:43 AM   #679
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Look kids,
It’s a poseur.

Everyone say Hi poseur.
hi poseur.

This reaction probably has more people thinking they need to dumb things down for you compared to using the word tints, just FYI. I've heard plenty of people use the word tints, seems to just be related to what they are accustomed to saying.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0