M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-15-2022, 12:15 PM   #23
DubaiRich
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4  [7.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
Smelly (Sulphur), dirty and IMO not a nice place at all.

PASS!
How long ago did you visit??
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 04:31 PM   #24
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiRich View Post
How long ago did you visit??
About ten years ago.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 01:34 PM   #25
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

not what it's like but its the closest thread i could find given the moment-

I am going to Los Angeles next week... I've been before twice and have always enjoyed it but I always go to the stereotypical tourists spots.

Any locals or people very familiar with the area have any recommendations for things to see, places to eat etc? Can be high end...

Staying in Santa Monica so should be central - on the cards is Malibu, PCH, Beverly Hills, Century City, Venice... the hills... anything else cool and or worthwhile? Any good driving roads? Got a nice 4 series rental.

Probably staying away from downtown as I always found nothing to be there.
      02-02-2023, 02:44 PM   #26
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post

I am going to Los Angeles next week... I've been before twice and have always enjoyed it but I always go to the stereotypical tourists spots.

Any locals or people very familiar with the area have any recommendations for things to see, places to eat etc? Can be high end...

Staying in Santa Monica so should be central - on the cards is Malibu, PCH, Beverly Hills, Century City, Venice... the hills... anything else cool and or worthwhile? Any good driving roads? Got a nice 4 series rental.

I gotchu

Definitely cruise up PCH to Zuma beach and Point Dume in Malibu. Mulholland drive (different from hwy) is between the 405 and 101, it's partly residential with great views of the valley and views of downtown (Jerome C Daniel overlook). Some more serious and isolated canyon roads include Piuma rd, Stunt rd, and Latigo canyon rd.

Griffith Observatory is a good visit with a lot of hiking. Los Liones is one of my favorite hikes as it's not too long and has views of the Pacific and Santa Monica. The Getty/Getty villa are beautiful but you generally need to reserve in advance. Be sure to stop at Philz coffee in Santa Monica

Best places to just hang out and walk. Abbot kinney, Palisades village, downtown Culver City, and the Century city mall. Baccio di latte at the mall is great gelato.

Santa Monica proper is a good rooftop, as is EP&LP in West Hollywood. The Bungalow is a pretty famous nightlife spot in Santa Monica.

Last edited by Germanauto; 02-02-2023 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 1
ASAP10057.00
      02-02-2023, 02:59 PM   #27
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I gotchu

Definitely cruise up PCH to Zuma beach and Point Dume in Malibu. Mulholland drive (different from hwy) is between the 405 and 101, it's partly residential with great views of the valley and views of downtown (Jerome C Daniel overlook). Some more serious and isolated canyon roads include Piuma rd, Stunt rd, and Latigo canyon rd.

Griffith Observatory is a good visit with a lot of hiking. Los Liones is one of my favorite hikes as it's not too long and has views of the Pacific and Santa Monica. The Getty/Getty villa are beautiful but you generally need to reserve in advance. Be sure to stop at Philz coffee in Santa Monica

Best places to just hang out and walk. Abbot kinney, Palisades village, downtown Culver City, and the Century city mall. Baccio di latte at the mall is great gelato.

Santa Monica proper is a good rooftop, as is EP&LP in West Hollywood. The Bungalow is a pretty famous nightlife spot in Santa Monica.
that's great, thanks for this... super excited for all of this... thats why i set Hinge on LA
      02-06-2023, 12:45 PM   #28
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post

Lunch at Neptune's Net. Iconic water hole on the beach Can lead you to some more twistys in the hills above PCH headed up/down the coast.