M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-01-2023, 03:27 PM   #1365
chris719
Major General
6927
Rep
6,974
Posts

Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
What a bunch of utter nonsense. Yes, most people that run big businessís the first thing they wanna do is make the earth unlivable for themselves and their children and their grandchildren. I donít really think I can have a serious conversation with someone that makes statements like you did. Besides we really arenít allowed to discuss it here.
It has already been demonstrated over the past century that humans are irrational and will in fact do things like this.

https://www.wired.com/2013/01/looney...t-sad-history/

Standard Oil knew TEL / leaded fuel was harmful in the mid 20s but continued to push it. Their own children and grandchildren collectively suffered the same effects as everyone else.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 03:29 PM   #1366
Patton250
Colonel
Patton250's Avatar
2922
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
It has already been demonstrated over the past century that humans are irrational and will in fact do things like this.

https://www.wired.com/2013/01/looney...t-sad-history/

Standard Oil knew TEL / leaded fuel was harmful in the mid 20s but continued to push it. Their own children and grandchildren collectively suffered the same effects as everyone else.
Just stop
Appreciate 1
M5Rick54837.00
      03-01-2023, 03:30 PM   #1367
chris719
Major General
6927
Rep
6,974
Posts

Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Just stop
Did you lose IQ from tetraethyl lead? Seems likely. Don't give me this politics BS. If the mods cared this whole thread has been 60 pages of libertarian circle jerk and should have been deleted a week after it started.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 03:32 PM   #1368
chad86tsi
Captain
chad86tsi's Avatar
1551
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
You talk about all the economics, but you drive a 13 mpg vehicle

Imagine if I forced my values on others and only allowed them to drive 13MPG cars too? You see how this works? Think this through bro...

I get 20+ MPG BTW, better than my wifes Escalade. Not that you care about facts.


Quote:
you don't think the oil cartels are manipulating gas prices?
You talking about Biden? Trump? or Putin?

Now we want our regulated monopolies to partake in this feeding frenzy? I can buy my gas from any number of business', at any number of locations, whenever I want, however I want. I can't do that with my power bill.

Quote:
Like I said, don't worry about it....you be able to buy and drive gas guzzling ICE vehicles for the rest of your life, unless you are still driving in like 2093
Is that a promise, and are you qualified to make it?
Appreciate 1
M5Rick54837.00
      03-01-2023, 03:32 PM   #1369
Patton250
Colonel
Patton250's Avatar
2922
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Did you lose IQ from tetraethyl lead? Seems likely. Don't give me this politics BS. If the mods cared this whole thread has been 60 pages of libertarian circle jerk and should have been deleted a week after it started.
I mostly meant stop embarrassing yourself.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick54837.00
chad86tsi1550.50
      03-01-2023, 04:00 PM   #1370
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2327
Rep
3,021
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
In what ways?

How is Chevy announcing that they will be full electric by 2035 impacting you?

Or some states announcing they won't sell new ICE vehicles starting in 2035?


This isn't some sort of conspiracy by Bill Gates to reduce the population, this is about taking steps in the right direction to help preserve our planet for our great grandchildren and beyond ....you should have seen what the air looked like in LA in the 70's and 80's before we finally started taking steps in the right direction

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/3134/r...efits-by-2030/

https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/el...-vehicle-myths

https://content.sierraclub.org/evguide/myths-vs-reality

Bingo bango!
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 04:10 PM   #1371
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
2251
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Center of the Universe

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Imagine if I forced my values on others and only allowed them to drive 13MPG cars too? You see how this works? Think this through bro...

I get 20+ MPG BTW, better than my wifes Escalade. Not that you care about facts.




You talking about Biden? Trump? or Putin?

Now we want our regulated monopolies to partake in this feeding frenzy? I can buy my gas from any number of business', at any number of locations, whenever I want, however I want. I can't do that with my power bill.



Is that a promise, and are you qualified to make it?

So who is forcing you to buy an EV TODAY??? No one... You will be able to drive your school bus until the wheels fall off....and then buy another one after that in 2034 and drive that until what 2050, 2060? you still alive then?

Do you really think we should just ignore studies by NASA, MIT, EPA, etc just so you can keep buying what you want for the rest of your life? Should we just ignore speed limits and drive as fast as we want also?
Or should we try to what is truly best for this planet ?

It is still a long long way away before you won't be able to still enjoy a gas powered car....trust me, they will outlive you and me
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 04:28 PM   #1372
Patton250
Colonel
Patton250's Avatar
2922
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
So who is forcing you to buy an EV TODAY??? No one... You will be able to drive your school bus until the wheels fall off....and then buy another one after that in 2034 and drive that until what 2050, 2060? you still alive then?

Do you really think we should just ignore studies by NASA, MIT, EPA, etc just so you can keep buying what you want for the rest of your life? Should we just ignore speed limits and drive as fast as we want also?
Or should we try to what is truly best for this planet ?

It is still a long long way away before you won't be able to still enjoy a gas powered car....trust me, they will outlive you and me
Always cracks me up when people like you, just act oblivious to the fact that there are actually a significant amount of other people that disagree with you, as well as the institutions you quoted, including a significant amount of scientists, meteorologists and engineers. You guys just kind of ignore that and move right forward with your intentions. Itís usually funny until you start forcing policy. Thatís where we are now. Get it?

By the way, if Chevrolet is 100% Electric by 2035 Iíll donate $1000 to your favorite charity. But if theyíre not you donate $1000 to my favorite charity. Would you like to wager? Itís 12 years away. Iím sure we will all still be here in some form or fashion and I can set my calendar to remind me to come back to this thread. I would almost bet they wonít even be half electric by that date.
Appreciate 2
chad86tsi1550.50
KRS_SN12348.50
      03-01-2023, 04:45 PM   #1373
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
2251
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Center of the Universe

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Always cracks me up when people like you, just act oblivious to the fact that there are actually a significant amount of other people that disagree with you, as well as the institutions you quoted, including a significant amount of scientists, meteorologists and engineers. You guys just kind of ignore that and move right forward with your intentions. It’s usually funny until you start forcing policy. That’s where we are now. Get it?

By the way, if Chevrolet is 100% Electric by 2035 I’ll donate $1000 to your favorite charity. But if they’re not you donate $1000 to my favorite charity. Would you like to wager? It’s 12 years away. I’m sure we will all still be here in some form or fashion and I can set my calendar to remind me to come back to this thread. I would almost bet they won’t even be half electric by that date.

huh, so you just ignore the actual facts and studies posted on here about carbon emissions and its impact on climate changes and how its been proven by actual data collected by NASA, MIT, EPA and all sorts of other non biased agencies and scientist and go with what some dude said on Joe Rogan podcast or Youtube said about it being some sort of hoax ? or that we shouldn't even try to slow it down cuz your freedom of choice is in jeopardy ?




btw, I could care less if GM is or isn't full EV by 2035...and either should you. I already have both EV and gas cars and already enjoying the fact that I haven't seen a gas station since I got my M3P a couple weeks ago


but GM has a $35B bet they will be
https://fortune.com/2021/11/16/gener...la-volkswagen/

Last edited by SoCal_NSX; 03-01-2023 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
chris7196927.00
      03-01-2023, 04:52 PM   #1374
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
9915
Rep
14,305
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Scientists you say...
Trust and obey.


•Transmission of the disease—wrong
• Asymptomatic spread—wrong
• PCR testing—wrong
• Fatality rate—wrong
• Lockdowns—wrong
• Community triggers—wrong
• Business closures—wrong
• School closures—wrong
• Quarantining healthy people—wrong
• Impact on youth—wrong
• Hospital overload—wrong
• Plexiglass barriers—wrong
• Social distancing—wrong
• Outdoor spread—wrong
• Masks—wrong
• Variant impact—wrong
• Natural immunity—wrong
• Vaccine efficacy—wrong
• Vaccine injury—wrong


I aM tHe $ciEncE!!!
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 2
Patton2502921.50
TboneS54903.50
      03-01-2023, 04:53 PM   #1375
Patton250
Colonel
Patton250's Avatar
2922
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
huh, so you just ignore the actual facts and studies posted on here about carbon emissions and its impact on climate changes and how its been proven by actual data collected by NASA, MIT, EPA and all sorts of other non biased agencies and scientist and go with what some dude said on Joe Rogan podcast or Youtube said about it being some sort of hoax ? or that we shouldn't even try to slow it down cuz your freedom of choice is in jeopardy ?

Yeah, because the people you trust have never been wrong before on massively important worldwide things right? Never?

K

We should just stop man. However, I appreciate you proving my point. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 05:03 PM   #1376
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
2251
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Center of the Universe

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Yeah, because the people you trust have never been wrong before on massively important worldwide things right? Never?

K

We should just stop man. However, I appreciate you proving my point. Thank you.
and what would those things be and who are these people?

yeah you should just stop..the only thing you have proven is your ignorance when it comes to EV's and the effects carbon emissions have on the planet.


god forbid you actually look into it
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 05:05 PM   #1377
Patton250
Colonel
Patton250's Avatar
2922
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
and what would those things be and who are these people?

yeah you should just stop..the only thing you have proven is your ignorance when it comes to EV's and the effects carbon emissions have on the planet.


god forbid you actually look into it
I have a feeling that everyone one the planet that disagrees with you or holds a different opinion is ignorant in your eyes.

Keep in mind those same people that you seem to look up to absolutely insisted we were going to go through another Ice Age not too long ago. There are many articles from them in the late 1970s and early 1980s. So thereís that.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 05:09 PM   #1378
SoCal_NSX
Major
SoCal_NSX's Avatar
2251
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Center of the Universe

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Scientists you say...
Trust and obey.


•Transmission of the disease—wrong
• Asymptomatic spread—wrong
• PCR testing—wrong
• Fatality rate—wrong
• Lockdowns—wrong
• Community triggers—wrong
• Business closures—wrong
• School closures—wrong
• Quarantining healthy people—wrong
• Impact on youth—wrong
• Hospital overload—wrong
• Plexiglass barriers—wrong
• Social distancing—wrong
• Outdoor spread—wrong
• Masks—wrong
• Variant impact—wrong
• Natural immunity—wrong
• Vaccine efficacy—wrong
• Vaccine injury—wrong


I aM tHe $ciEncE!!!


keep watching that Fox News my friend...you can see it has done you wonders so far....

btw, were talking about climate change and carbon emissions, not some sort of anti-vaxxer's go to list of covid denial

lets try to stay on track ...

Last edited by SoCal_NSX; 03-01-2023 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN12348.50
      03-01-2023, 05:31 PM   #1379
chad86tsi
Captain
chad86tsi's Avatar
1551
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Portland metro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
So who is forcing you to buy an EV TODAY??? No one...
A take it you aren't following my point, so I'll repost it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
Worrying about any of it in 2023 is a waste of time
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
People care because this 12 year goal is already impacting them.
It's like telling a child in first grade they don't need to worry about doing well in school or even pay attention to what those adults in charge are doing because they won't graduate for 12 years.

It's short sighted and misses the fact that it's a continuum of change, it has already begun, and some of these adults in charge are morons.


Quote:
You will be able to drive your school bus until the wheels fall off....and then buy another one after that in 2034 and drive that until what 2050, 2060? you still alive then?
You have that in writing? I'll surely be alive in 2060.

Quote:
Do you really think we should just ignore studies by NASA, MIT, EPA, etc just so you can keep buying what you want for the rest of your life? Should we just ignore speed limits and drive as fast as we want also?
Or should we try to what is truly best for this planet ?
Don't be hyperbolic please. I'm not ignoring it. I'm studying it, and all the proposed solutions. EV's aren't the best answer to the problem, but it's the one that's getting the most effort, laws, and taxpayer funds. What is truly best for our planet is a whole slew of other things we aren't doing or spending money/effort on.

Quote:
It is still a long long way away before you won't be able to still enjoy a gas powered car....trust me, they will outlive you and me
They might.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 09:00 PM   #1380
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2327
Rep
3,021
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Ahhhh gonna be a great morning commute in an awesome ev.

I love you 2035
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 09:01 PM   #1381
Tejas1836
Captain
Tejas1836's Avatar
834
Rep
746
Posts

Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Tejas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
In what ways?

How is Chevy announcing that they will be full electric by 2035 impacting you?

Or some states announcing they won't sell new ICE vehicles starting in 2035?


This isn't some sort of conspiracy by Bill Gates to reduce the population, this is about taking steps in the right direction to help preserve our planet for our great grandchildren and beyond ....you should have seen what the air looked like in LA in the 70's and 80's before we finally started taking steps in the right direction

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/3134/r...efits-by-2030/

https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/el...-vehicle-myths

https://content.sierraclub.org/evguide/myths-vs-reality
I guess the children and grandchildren mining cobalt don't matter...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...esla-more.html

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...balt&FORM=VDRE

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...greener-future

You should see what life looks like for these kids.
__________________
Two is One and One is None
Appreciate 2
M5Rick54837.00
Efthreeoh15280.50
      03-01-2023, 10:22 PM   #1382
chris719
Major General
6927
Rep
6,974
Posts

Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas1836 View Post
I guess the children and grandchildren mining cobalt don't matter...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...esla-more.html

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...balt&FORM=VDRE

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...greener-future

You should see what life looks like for these kids.
Cobalt is being phased out of battery chemistries anyway.

If cobalt mining is the worst thing you can pull out here, then it seems like a clear winner. The global impact of climate change is going to be destructive to far more people. I never heard a peep about cobalt, tantalum, and other conflict mineral mining (both widely used in electronics for 40+ years) from this crowd until EVs became a political item.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 02:38 AM   #1383
Tejas1836
Captain
Tejas1836's Avatar
834
Rep
746
Posts

Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Tejas

iTrader: (0)

Just keep your head in the sand and keep pretending it doesn't exist. Not your kids, so what.
First time I've heard child slave labor "a clear winner".
Lithium mining is raping the earth.
Windmills are killing whales and endangered birds.
Over 20 million American families are behind on their electricity bills.
Utility companies will need almost $6,000 per EV to upgrade the infrastructure.
Damn sure it is a political, social fight.
__________________
Two is One and One is None
Appreciate 4
M5Rick54837.00
KRS_SN12348.50
Efthreeoh15280.50
      03-02-2023, 04:02 AM   #1384
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
54837
Rep
18,034
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Ahhhh gonna be a great morning commute in an awesome ev.

I love you 2035
You'll be older and wiser to stick with the M3 and dump the EV before it becomes worthless and pollutes the planet with dead batteries that can't be re-cycled
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh15280.50
      03-02-2023, 05:16 AM   #1385
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
BGM-M3COMP's Avatar
2327
Rep
3,021
Posts

Drives: 12 plaids on order
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Tesla Land

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
You'll be older and wiser to stick with the M3 and dump the EV before it becomes worthless and pollutes the planet with dead batteries that can't be re-cycled
I don't give a fucking shit about the planet. You guys are probably right about EV's being worse for the environment. That's not why i got one.

It's happening and there's nothing we can do about it. Might as well just try to find one you like and accept it
__________________
2035 on the move!!! lmaooooooooo
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 06:15 AM   #1386
KRS_SN
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
12349
Rep
4,899
Posts

Drives: IX,G07
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
I do give a fucking shit about the planet. You guys are probably right about EV's being worse for the environment. That's one of the reasons why i aint got one.

It's happening and it is not like there's nothing we can do about it. Might as well just try to hold up a middle finger to it till you absolutely have to.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick54837.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST