M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

09-20-2020, 08:22 AM   #1
M5Yams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m5 competition

Pcv System or worse?

So I was out cleaning my MAF sensors and saw on the passenger side pcv connection to the intakes oil residue, not a ton but definitely there. I did some digging into others posts and saw about cupping your hand over the oil fill opening to check for vacuum, apparently its an easy trick to check for blow by on the piston rings. When I started the car it went into the cold start and there definitely air being blown out of the car but it was ice cold, but seeing as it was 39 degrees Fahrenheit last night the block is going to be cold. Once the car came down from the elevated RPM the vacuum in the case came on immediately. Point being you would think that the air coming out of the case on the cold start would be slightly warm if it were blow by on the piston ring. Second is the fact it felt like outside air, do you guys think the check valve in the pcv system could be the issue?
Some other info that could help.
I'm about to have my 5k mile oil change Friday, I haven't had to add any oil and I'm only about 1/5 of the way down from the max point on oil level.
Just changed my intakes out to project gamma a week ago on Saturday.
No smoke coming from the tail pipe whatsoever. only on startup in the morning from condensation.

Really just asking to see if you guys think I should change out my pcv system for new or not, or if you think its a different issue altogether.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 08:49 AM   #2
M5Yams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m5 competition

[IMG]undefined[/IMG][IMG]undefined[/IMG][IMG]undefined[/IMG]

First pic was drivers side intake that I removed, second was passenger side, third was the valve in question.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0