BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-21-2020, 08:11 AM   #1
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Battery Discharging

So I've been getting this message that my battery charge is low. After a few hours on the trickle charger, all is restored. However 3-4 days later, the message comes back.

I then noticed that after parking and returning to the car 10 minutes later, that the interior lights were still on. I recycled the key, waited 30 seconds and the lights went off like they should've. Now that I know this, I've made it routine to recycle the key and no more low battery messages.

Question: What is causing the lights to stay on after the first shut off?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 11:19 AM   #2
technician117
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2001 M5, 2013 M5 6MT

Garage List
1990 BMW M5  [0.00]
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
So I've been getting this message that my battery charge is low. After a few hours on the trickle charger, all is restored. However 3-4 days later, the message comes back.

I then noticed that after parking and returning to the car 10 minutes later, that the interior lights were still on. I recycled the key, waited 30 seconds and the lights went off like they should've. Now that I know this, I've made it routine to recycle the key and no more low battery messages.

Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. Some common suggestions will be to check the comfort access door handles.

Maybe use a legit scan tool like ISTA to see what codes are stored in the modules.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 03:34 PM   #3
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by technician117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post

Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. Some common suggestions will be to check the comfort access door handles.

Maybe use a legit scan tool like ISTA to see what codes are stored in the modules.
Thanks. Will check comfort access handles. That certainly makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 03:46 PM   #4
Superams
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw M5 F10 Comp

Hi, I had exactly the same on mine and found out it was 2 of the comfort access door handles, I just unplugged them as they were quite expensive to replace and the soft close and door handle lights still worked.
Appreciate 0