vigilante
Private
Rep
Drives: Activehybrid 3 M sport

Dsc tyre pressure monitoring and brake errors

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi guys
I am getting all these errors randomly pop up on my car. Usually when i am not driving aggressively they dont come on. When i drive aggressively they come on some times not always.

I have attached a picture of all the fault codes that the car is throwing. The aerial and the trunk warnings are not an issue as they were there before. All others have started popping up now.

Where should i start looking first?

Thanks
Attached Images

2013 Activehybrid 3, Pure stage 2 turbo with High flow inlet and Dv upgrade, Wagner Evo 2 comp intercooler, ER charge pipes, BMS JB4, BMS intake, BMS Meth kit with a single cm7 nozzle, Fuel it Port injection in 550cc injectors platinum kit with Ethanol analyzer, Fuel it stage 2 LPFP, ER oil cooler kit, Mach v Valvetronic exhaust, Bootmod 3 and running E20
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 01:51 AM   #2
vigilante
Private
Rep

Any ideas??

I checked all the speed sensors via launch pro diagnostics system and they are all showing the correct speed. Also calibrated the steering wheel center. Still i get the same issue. The issue does not pop up until i start driving the car hard and even then sometimes it does not pop up.

What do i look for when it say actual steering angle front axle error? Should i get the car aligned again?

Please give me something to work with...
2013 Activehybrid 3, Pure stage 2 turbo with High flow inlet and Dv upgrade, Wagner Evo 2 comp intercooler, ER charge pipes, BMS JB4, BMS intake, BMS Meth kit with a single cm7 nozzle, Fuel it Port injection in 550cc injectors platinum kit with Ethanol analyzer, Fuel it stage 2 LPFP, ER oil cooler kit, Mach v Valvetronic exhaust, Bootmod 3 and running E20
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 05:12 AM   #3
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Is the suspension standard, have you had lowered springs and/or suspension upgraded..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 06:45 AM   #4
vigilante
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Is the suspension standard, have you had lowered springs and/or suspension upgraded..
Suspension is standard. I had new tyres installed. Also was getting some metal to metal noise when I would turn at a very slow speed on an incline. Like when entering my home ramp so had the shop look at it and they said that they tightened some strut nut but the noise is still there and also I have this issue now.

Could it be that they have misaligned something?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 07:11 AM   #5
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilante View Post
Suspension is standard. I had new tyres installed. Also was getting some metal to metal noise when I would turn at a very slow speed on an incline. Like when entering my home ramp so had the shop look at it and they said that they tightened some strut nut but the noise is still there and also I have this issue now.

Could it be that they have misaligned something?

Thanks
I don't know, I would put it on a rolling road to try to replicate the noise somehow and the alignment may need to be re checked at least but you say the noise is when you turn on an incline.
I have a '13 also and the alignment has never been checked or adjusted..maybe it's a worn ball joint on a strut making that noise if it sounds metal to metal.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 12:15 AM   #6
vigilante
Private
Rep

Thanks alot. Dropping the car at the shop today to get it checked. Will update if it is the strut ball joint or something else.

Question is that could it be causing the errors? Or for that alignment has to be checked?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 04:44 AM   #7
M5Rick
General
Rep

The noise started and the axle warning came up,have them check the ball joints and re check alignment and this may all be coming up with when you removed and re-fitted some of that wiring loom. GL.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 03:22 PM   #8
vigilante
Private
Rep

Actually the whole engine had come out and went back in again and the whole front suspension was lowered. When it was put back together the abs and all other errors came up permanently and would not go asay if i would turn the car off and then on again. The steering was also not straight. The shop then jad the car aligned and the permanent errors went away but now i get the errors if i drive hard and that too after a little while but once they start coming they keep coming back again and again. If i turn the car off and on again they go away but come back if i drive hard again...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 04:33 AM   #9
vigilante
Private
Rep

Hi Guys

Was just checking stuff to ascertain the reason for the errors and read different sensors state using ISTA and during testing few readings show status ok and then not available. They keep doing it again and again. I have attached 2 videos below. Is this normal?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 07:18 AM   #10
vigilante
Private
Rep

Quote:
The noise started and the axle warning came up,have them check the ball joints and re check alignment and this may all be coming up with when you removed and re-fitted some of that wiring loom. GL.
Checked the alignment and the ball joints all checks ok.

Error still there what to do? Checked the speed sensors and all show the correct speed also.

Do i need to change any module?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 11:51 AM   #11
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Checked the alignment and the ball joints all checks ok.

Error still there what to do? Checked the speed sensors and all show the correct speed also.

Do i need to change any module?

Thanks
I would suggest driving the car normally for a while and keeping the revs down then go from there where you feel, you may need a BMW computer plug in to specifically pin point why those codes come up when you do WOT.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 12:09 AM   #12
vigilante
Private
Rep

Quote:
I would suggest driving the car normally for a while and keeping the revs down then go from there where you feel, you may need a BMW computer plug in to specifically pin point why those codes come up when you do WOT.
Yesterday in the daytime while driving the car when it was fully warmed up i noticed that the errors would pop up even if i braked hard.

Not related but i tried something last night and went for another drive. I flashed the bootmod3 stage 2 map again which was already on the car but this time in the config i changed the cat cel deactivation from on to oem. Someone suggested that it sometimes interferes with the car and causes these errors. Went for a run and drove the car in every way and no error popped up. I am not sure if it is the permanent fix or last night was just lucky.

Will take it for a drive tonite also but is that a known issue?

Thanks alot

Last edited by vigilante; 04-13-2022 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 05:53 AM   #13
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yesterday in the daytime while driving the car when it was fully warmed up i noticed that the errors would pop up even if i braked hard.

Not related but i tried something last night and went for another drive. I flashed the bootmod3 stage 2 map again which was already on the car but this time in the config i changed the cat cel deactivation from on to oem. Someone suggested that it sometimes interferes with the car and causes these errors. Went for a run and drove the car in every way and no error popped up. I am not sure if it is the permanent fix or last night was just lucky.

Will take it for a drive tonite also but is that a known issue?

Thanks alot
Hope it behaves itself with those new adjustments you put in.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 02:34 PM   #14
vigilante
Private
Rep

Ok so went for another drive and error is back. I also got an adaptive front lights error today.

Could i have a faulty steering angle sensor causing all these issues?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 12:53 AM   #15
vigilante
Private
Rep

Or could it be the short circuit error that is being shown related to the aerial in the rear parcel shelf? When ever i or any other passenger opens and closes any door a remote not present error shows up and it goes away in 5 to 10 seconds. I have noticed sometimes on the gauge cluster an exclamation mark shows on the side randomly while driving and then goes away. Once i checked the notification and it said something about comfort access.

What to look for
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 04:27 AM   #16
M5Rick
General
Rep

I know that coding a lot of things to owners preferences can cause problems if the car is sold on without returning it to original factory settings and the comfort entry can add to the problem when warnings flash up after a big mechanical lay up.
I went out of my way to avoid a car with comfort entry and non essential extras like st wheel lane buzzer,NV,steering wheel heat,b&0 etc when looking for one with so much electronics in this car. I know it doesn't help you but if continuing warnings then I suggest a BMW visit to return the car to factory settings with the tune switched off.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 03:21 AM   #17
vigilante
Private
Rep

ok so checked and cleaned all the wheel speed sensors and connectors and went for a drive still the same. All the abs,dsc and flat tyre monitoring errors came.

Now shop is checking the dsc unit wiring and they found some wires had tears on them. They are taping these up and will go out for another test drive. I have attached herewith the pictures. Could these wires be the issue. Also in the pictures does it seem like the dsc unit is repaired? Could that be the issue?

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 01:15 PM   #18
vigilante
Private
Rep

Could it be a malfunctioning yaw sensor? The errors are related to the yaw sensor. I want to check it but do not know where to locate it.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 07:43 PM   #19
vigilante
Private
Rep

Ok problem solved. The icm module was not mounted securely causing the errors. Its mounted and all is good.

Thanks. Unusual problem but i hope it helps someone..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 03:40 AM   #20
M5Rick
General
Rep

Ignition Control module,at the back of the centre console.
Appreciate 0