LED adaptive headlights
Comfort access
Powered boot
Speed limit display
Online entertainment
Lane departure warning
Collision warning

I have fitted M Performance carbon interior and Genuine gloss black grills

Of all of the options Comfort Access is not really worth having given the issues around security and cars being stolen.
How are you finding keeping that external colour clean (I have the same on my current car), and swirl mark free? I have done well, until BMW one day decided to wash it with what can only be presumed to be fine sand paper....it came back to me looking like a driving hologram. So annoying.

Comfort access, my thoughts are the same, I have been trying to seek cars without it, but not sure if I should be that worried.

Your LED lights are they the ones known as BMW ICON LEDs? Those do look pretty hot and pretty rare from what I can gather.

And finally how hard was it to change (and how costly) your interior trim, as often a used car comes with trim you dont like but it would be a shame to rule a good car out for that reason.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #24
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarjoo View Post
How are you finding keeping that external colour clean (I have the same on my current car), and swirl mark free? I have done well, until BMW one day decided to wash it with what can only be presumed to be fine sand paper....it came back to me looking like a driving hologram. So annoying.

Comfort access, my thoughts are the same, I have been trying to seek cars without it, but not sure if I should be that worried.

Your LED lights are they the ones known as BMW ICON LEDs? Those do look pretty hot and pretty rare from what I can gather.

And finally how hard was it to change (and how costly) your interior trim, as often a used car comes with trim you dont like but it would be a shame to rule a good car out for that reason.
I am pretty OCD with washing it so its been OK, its a pain with stone chips especially at the bottom of the front wings as the tyres are wide, ideally need to find something to cover them with, any ideas?

The LEDs are the upgraded ones from the Xenons their is only one option, I think the Icon LEDs are on the 3/4 series

The interior trim is very easy to take out but to get the carbon its expensive, I paid £1800 from BMW and it should be about £2500

Comfort Access is OK but if your car is left on a drive at night then maybe an idea to put your key in faraday bag (plenty on ebay)

You mentioned that you wanted soft close doors and heated rear seats, they are both very rare options and I would say not worth it at all.

As mentioned Comp Pack and M Multifunction seats are the top 2 options as well as sun protection glass for the looks
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #25
sarjoo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520D EDynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post
I am pretty OCD with washing it so its been OK, its a pain with stone chips especially at the bottom of the front wings as the tyres are wide, ideally need to find something to cover them with, any ideas?

The LEDs are the upgraded ones from the Xenons their is only one option, I think the Icon LEDs are on the 3/4 series

The interior trim is very easy to take out but to get the carbon its expensive, I paid £1800 from BMW and it should be about £2500

Comfort Access is OK but if your car is left on a drive at night then maybe an idea to put your key in faraday bag (plenty on ebay)

You mentioned that you wanted soft close doors and heated rear seats, they are both very rare options and I would say not worth it at all.

As mentioned Comp Pack and M Multifunction seats are the top 2 options as well as sun protection glass for the looks
Yeah i can live without soft close...but i think rear heated seats would be very welcome for the winter months when i have adults in the back and not child seats (doesn't happen that often but still a nice feature on the front, would love it for the rear too)

About the paint chips, not sure what to suggest, but do recall reading on a thread once that people spot touch it with some product, cant help but feel the finish will be rubbish though. I'd wait to let it get really bad before worrying. Will see if I can find the info again.

Do all F10 M5 have ambient interior lighting? What exactly is that anyway?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #26
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah i can live without soft close...but i think rear heated seats would be very welcome for the winter months when i have adults in the back and not child seats (doesn't happen that often but still a nice feature on the front, would love it for the rear too)

About the paint chips, not sure what to suggest, but do recall reading on a thread once that people spot touch it with some product, cant help but feel the finish will be rubbish though. I'd wait to let it get really bad before worrying. Will see if I can find the info again.

Do all F10 M5 have ambient interior lighting? What exactly is that anyway?
You will be really lucky to find a car with heated rear seats, personally I think their are lots of better cars out there that won't have this option, it's not as though we live in Syberia.

Ambient lighting is the soft light under the door tops and also shines down from the rear view mirror onto the centre console, google it.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 03:12 AM   #27
sarjoo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Fair enough comment bout the rear heated seats, shouldn't overlook a good car just due to the absence of that option but i have seen a few which had it AND had the other things. Granted its not that often, but seeing as I am not in a huge rush, I could just get lucky

The ambient light stuff will google it indeed, but in my current basic F10 I quite like the internal orangey glow night lighting and its probably not even the ambient stuff, so things can only get better.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 03:39 AM   #28
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

sarjoo as per your spec in post 15, there were 33 UK cars (all LCI as Comp Pack came at LCI) with all the options you have specified (out of 454 UK Comp Pack cars)

If we ignore the Jahre, there are 25:

9 x 2013, 11 x 2014, 3 x 2015 and 2 x 2016
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 05:10 AM   #29
sarjoo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the analysis! How did u find that out, as the search filters don't allow specifying all the options? So aside from opening each vehicle there is no real way of knowing what it has. (Sometimes also the way the car has been added on to the site is inaccurate, the dealer not loading all options e.g. u want comfort seats but they've not marked that against the car, as far as the filters are concerned, yet when you open other cars that didnt have said option it is there)
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 02:03 AM   #30
b21playa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI e60 535d msport

Mine has all the spec you’re after and for sale

Get in touch if you are still looking
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 03:22 AM   #31
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b21playa View Post
Mine has all the spec you’re after and for sale

Get in touch if you are still looking
sarjoo
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 06:53 AM   #32
sarjoo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

b21Playa thanks for the heads up, I have actually seen your advert/post on this forum, and its certainly a very very lovely looking car, but sadly the mileage is higher than I want to go, I'm am ideally aiming for mileage in the region of 30-40k at the most. If things change will shout, glwts though. Plus i have a 520D ED model to shift also.

Won't you miss her when she is gone, all that train-like power, and all rounder capabilities, gonna be hard to replace!

Last edited by sarjoo; 09-13-2018 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 07:26 AM   #33
b21playa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI e60 535d msport

Quote:
b21Playa thanks for the heads up, I have actually seen your advert/post on this forum, and its certainly a very very lovely looking car, but sadly the mileage is higher than I want to go, I'm am ideally aiming for mileage in the region of 30-40k at the most. If things change will shout, glwts though. Plus i have a 520D ED model to shift also.

Won't you miss her when she is gone, all that train-like power, and all rounder capabilities, gonna be hard to replace!
Of course i’ll miss it, but the house is taking priority.

I’ve just got myself an x5 to run around in and may look to get a toy once the m5 has sold
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 05:34 AM   #34
F10CPROG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 Competition

Sorry to dig up an old one...

Not long had my F10 M5 CP and I love it, Monte Carlo Blue. its a late 2013 car, which is older than I wanted, although still LCI but crucially its only done 15000miles.

Options wise, it hasn't got: Lane departure and blind spot warning nor has it got screens in the headrests. No B&O or CCBs. I think it has pretty much everything else.

I do wish it had blind spot monitoring and lane change warning, as my Hyundai i30N has the latter, which is kind of cool - esp with "Steering assist" keeping you in lane.

Overall the CP was a must for me, the lower stance, black pipes and the CP wheels really add up to a great car. That said the normal M5 is such an awesome car, I think the CP just improves on "almost perfection"
Appreciate 1
OneExtra809.50
      08-02-2019, 04:49 AM   #35
sarjoo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10CPROG View Post
Sorry to dig up an old one...

Not long had my F10 M5 CP and I love it, Monte Carlo Blue. its a late 2013 car, which is older than I wanted, although still LCI but crucially its only done 15000miles.

Options wise, it hasn't got: Lane departure and blind spot warning nor has it got screens in the headrests. No B&O or CCBs. I think it has pretty much everything else.

I do wish it had blind spot monitoring and lane change warning, as my Hyundai i30N has the latter, which is kind of cool - esp with "Steering assist" keeping you in lane.

Overall the CP was a must for me, the lower stance, black pipes and the CP wheels really add up to a great car. That said the normal M5 is such an awesome car, I think the CP just improves on "almost perfection"
Congrats on the new car, sounds lovely and generously specced up. Such low miles for its age, hope its been giving a stretch from time to time to keep that engine supple No pics??
Appreciate 0