BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #45
Manny G
The Illustrious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 540i/6 M-Sport, 2013 M5

So update to my issue, wasnt the exhaust clamps. MAFs had oil residue on them, cleaned them and idle got smooth, bot now i got a DTC fault and light on for lean mixture 118010. I'm thinking now either a leak, pre-cat O2s, or fuel tank vent valves on next to the intercoolers
'98 E36 M3/4 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2019, 10:00 PM   #46
GratefulM5
Living the Dream
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i Convertible, '19 X5

I had problems that sound extremely similar to yours and I took it in several times. It would throw the Drivetrain Error msg, and eventually the car completely would stall out (had to tow it to the shop twice several weeks apart). I was told They finally found a leaking gasket between my engine and exhaust which was allowing exhaust out but air in so the sensors would read the mix as too rich and in result dump more fuel, causing the rough idle, etc. Replaced the gasket and so far have not had a recurrence or the issue (thankful for that)

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs are British, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 02:26 PM   #47
Manny G
The Illustrious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 540i/6 M-Sport, 2013 M5

Update for my issue,.. found out dealer installed wrong injectors. They installed EU6 injectors, my ECU was looking for EU5 injectors.

They reinstalled the right ones, faults gone.
'98 E36 M3/4 (sold)
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2019, 02:34 AM   #48
vanilla.j_
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Singapore Gray/Venetia Beige

83k miles, haven't broke down yet
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 09:58 PM   #49
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Don't listen to HATERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfzilla View Post
This gives me hope. Before I bought my 335i I saw all the horror stories but honestly my ownership experience has been relatively issue free. A few random electronic gremlins that once tracked down were fixed for not much (stealership wanted a grip) but mechanically its been a pretty solid car and given me the confidence to possibly make the next step. Posts like these help.
Just buy one. You know you want it!!

-Don't listen to anyone that bad-mouths M cars or bmw. I had the same worries and i had thought about owning a bmw for years, yearsssss. But i never went past thinking about them because of all of the horror stories and negativity.

Guys saying stuff like "id never own a bmw" "service and parts are so expensive" and the list goes on ... just pffft whatever guy. u ever bought oem toyota parts?! expensive and not even exciting

-But just remember people that dont own bmw and have never owned a bmw "HATE" bmw. theres a stigma associated with the brand and it has nothing to do with the car's lack of quality or reliability

"what's the difference between a bmw and a porcupine?" - porcupines have pricks on the outside"

It has everything to do with bmw being expensive and good looking, mostly driven (in the past at least) by image conscious successful men and this is THEE formula for breeding hate.

I'm not joking one bit when i say i live an area of the world with ppl that never, i mean never blow their horn at anyone even when blowing the horn can save a life!!

but i can't even pass someone respectfully and normal speed without them blowing their horn at me. i mean 7 out of 10 passes i get a horn blown at me

and if i do a spirited pass, wanna guess what happens? they f'n follow me! it has happened 3 times in 4 months and i barely drive it.

one guy going 40 in a 60 backing up a line of traffic suddenly keeps pace with me after i blow his doors off for being so oblivious ..so i pull away and go down a dead end road im familiar with, turn around and wait. guess who is coming.. yep and i just wave at him while im sitting facing him. its like they want to know where u live so they can call a cop or vandalize u later. its rather scary how screwy some people are. ive never owned a gun but one is about to get bought and go in my glovebox.

i get middle fingers alllll the time and for nothing. i get blocked in from merging and lane changes with blinker on allll the time. they see that blinker and theyll close that gap. thats why i just quit using them.

ive never in my life experienced such aggression and hate against me in traffic and im a good driver.. a really good driver
20 years with not a single accident, ever.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2019, 06:13 AM   #50
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

I thought bmw m parts were dear
Until my Hyundai broken out of warranty

They charge like an m car but its a Hyundai!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #51
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

$40 plastic screw cap - Toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craze View Post
I thought bmw m parts were dear
Until my Hyundai broken out of warranty

They charge like an m car but its a Hyundai!!!
EXACTLY.. i enjoy putting money into my car. new good stuff. on a crap car or brand it just feels like robbery.

my 2000 4runner, all the parts are now exactly double what they were 10 years ago bc i read old forum posts with prices from 10+ years ago before I went to buy my little cosmetic fixes looking for part numbers to make it faster and easier

and you can't even get some OEM US spec parts for a limited- leather center console armrest - not available - I ordered one and they gave me the Latin American spec piece of crap rubber armrest they still make for hilux in 3rd worlds. so I had to go to an upholstery shop with my original and be like make this

i paid $40 for a little thin plastic screw cap for the shifter shroud that was the size of a dime!! thats what u call bullsh*t
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 02:15 PM   #52
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
Just buy one. You know you want it!!

-Don't listen to anyone that bad-mouths M cars or bmw. I had the same worries and i had thought about owning a bmw for years, yearsssss. But i never went past thinking about them because of all of the horror stories and negativity.

Guys saying stuff like "id never own a bmw" "service and parts are so expensive" and the list goes on ... just pffft whatever guy. u ever bought oem toyota parts?! expensive and not even exciting

-But just remember people that dont own bmw and have never owned a bmw "HATE" bmw. theres a stigma associated with the brand and it has nothing to do with the car's lack of quality or reliability

"what's the difference between a bmw and a porcupine?" - porcupines have pricks on the outside"

It has everything to do with bmw being expensive and good looking, mostly driven (in the past at least) by image conscious successful men and this is THEE formula for breeding hate.

I'm not joking one bit when i say i live an area of the world with ppl that never, i mean never blow their horn at anyone even when blowing the horn can save a life!!

but i can't even pass someone respectfully and normal speed without them blowing their horn at me. i mean 7 out of 10 passes i get a horn blown at me

and if i do a spirited pass, wanna guess what happens? they f'n follow me! it has happened 3 times in 4 months and i barely drive it.

one guy going 40 in a 60 backing up a line of traffic suddenly keeps pace with me after i blow his doors off for being so oblivious ..so i pull away and go down a dead end road im familiar with, turn around and wait. guess who is coming.. yep and i just wave at him while im sitting facing him. its like they want to know where u live so they can call a cop or vandalize u later. its rather scary how screwy some people are. ive never owned a gun but one is about to get bought and go in my glovebox.

i get middle fingers alllll the time and for nothing. i get blocked in from merging and lane changes with blinker on allll the time. they see that blinker and theyll close that gap. thats why i just quit using them.

ive never in my life experienced such aggression and hate against me in traffic and im a good driver.. a really good driver
20 years with not a single accident, ever.
Sorry to hear that but that's a sure sign that they are jealous as hell of your superior wheels.Get their reg number and phone the cops on the hands free saying you are being tailgated/followed or do what I'd do..when I was being tailgated once I slowed down to hold them up,took a look at him then he backed off and very wise that he did.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2019, 06:46 PM   #53
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Sorry to hear that but that's a sure sign that they are jealous as hell of your superior wheels.Get their reg number and phone the cops on the hands free saying you are being tailgated/followed or do what I'd do..when I was being tailgated once I slowed down to hold them up,took a look at him then he backed off and very wise that he did.
yea tailgating is def an issue too.. no matter what it'll be their fault but I don't want my car in the shop ..I would brake check them but I'm so not trying to get damaged. i just speed off like hell and if I get pulled over speeding I have a fearful reason so it'd be a win-win and that situation.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58912.00
      03-18-2019, 05:30 AM   #54
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
yea tailgating is def an issue too.. no matter what it'll be their fault but I don't want my car in the shop ..I would brake check them but I'm so not trying to get damaged. i just speed off like hell and if I get pulled over speeding I have a fearful reason so it'd be a win-win and that situation.
Whatever you do don't brake test them,you may surprise them and get a bumper hit, just slow gradually and eye brow until they hopefully calm down then drive off gradually.If they are persistent and look menacing skip the turning to home and head for the nearest cop shop.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2019, 07:41 AM   #55
schrickm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M550d xdrive touring

If you think the M5 is tailgated often... try driving an M6...!

Previous Cars:- 2015 GTR > 2014 M5 CP > 2006 M6> 2007 M5 E61 > 2014 F31 328xi >2001 E39 530i > 1995 E34 M5 > 1999 Alpina B8 > 1992 E34 M5 >
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 03:29 PM   #56
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrickm5 View Post
If you think the M5 is tailgated often... try driving an M6...!
i can believe it! those are sharp af!
Appreciate 0