BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-22-2015, 09:59 AM   #1
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Listen up BMW ///M division !! Here's what we ///M5 forum members want for next M5 !!

I thout I'd start this thread since this is my second ///M LCI and this time with ZCP and still the car leaves me wanting some tweaks!

And out of faith in the ///M power bestowed on this forum

Let's kick this off

And I would appreciate if each member sticks to ONLY ONE REQUEST & reason why if applicable from BMW ///M for FOR NEXT GENERATION ///M5 as I have no doubt if we make it easy to navigate A WISHLIST THREAD; that ///M division will heed and pay close attention to its enthusiasts and people who made the ///M brand a success !!

My wish; and I have a list but I will stick to ONE:
AWD that's VERY REAR BIASED if that's even possible so I still can have fish tailing and happy drifting
Reason being is this car is driven 80-90% under normal street conditions it deserves more traction with BHP north of 600 and more winter friendly capabilities ! My car is a garage car when it snows and shouldn't be!!
Why would you make me jealous of MB AMG when I really don't like them?!!!

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 10:28 AM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Dude I appreciate your enthusiasm, but ///M Division doesn't really pay attention to these forums, unless you post something that they can use against you in some sort of lawsuit case you have against them. Lol!

Anyways, to play along with you, the 1 thing that really matters for any ///M, AMG, RS, or V car is the engine. The future of these companies and their engines are to cater to mandated emissions regulations of the future in which efficiency will be the only performance metric that will really matter to these companies. Sure they will be faster than ever before, and lighter, but the days of driving something truly visceral from these companies is either already over or will be within the next 4 years. If it weren't for Ferrari making a V12 NA engine capable of 725hp and the fact that BMW's i Division has driven down their fleet average for mpg regulations, I would have given up hope that a company like BMW M or Mercedes AMG is completely capable of designing a motorsport street car that can achieve good mpg while still being Naturally Aspirated, they can still do that but won't. Instead technology like electric turbos and electrically assisted drive trains are the future of motorsport street cars instead of trying to produce a more exciting yet more efficient exotic engine for a 4 door sedan, like a 3.0L V10 Twin Turbo or a 2.0L V8 Twin Turbo. If turbo technology has proven anything it's proven that you can make any engine produce massive power. There are dude's running around out there with 1,000hp Honda Odysseys for Godsakes. I'm not against Turbo engines and turbo technology, but I am against companies who design an engine with efficiency as the foremost priority instead of exotic experience and performance. The next M5 will have an updated version of the S63tu and while that is definitely not a bad thing it isn't exactly a good thing either. While I recognize that the S63tu engine is an engine with vast untapped resources, a lack of innovation and trying to do something new and exciting with the internal combustion engine only signals the IC engine's eventual demise. I already foresee the future 2024 BMW M5 being full electric with no internal combustion engine even in it. Climate change lobbyists and zealots are winning in the war against the internal combustion engine for sports cars. One day sports cars may even be dead all together with the vast majority of the planets population viewing cars as something only to be used a tool for pure utility and not enjoyment. Companies like Lamborghini and Aston Martin are the last ones to hold out right now, but I don't know how much longer they will last, even 10 more years may be optimistic.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...henomenal-v12/

Appreciate 2
      12-22-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Hmmmm

When I order a Competition Package car, don't deliver one with a granny/economy oriented default mode.

Last edited by SteveC; 12-22-2015 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 11:27 AM   #4
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Dude I appreciate your enthusiasm, but ///M Division doesn't really pay attention to these forums, unless you post something that they can use against you in some sort of lawsuit case you have against them. Lol!

Anyways, to play along with you, the 1 thing that really matters for any ///M, AMG, RS, or V car is the engine. The future of these companies and their engines are to cater to mandated emissions regulations of the future in which efficiency will be the only performance metric that will really matter to these companies. Sure they will be faster than ever before, and lighter, but the days of driving something truly visceral from these companies is either already over or will be within the next 4 years. If it weren't for Ferrari making a V12 NA engine capable of 725hp and the fact that BMW's i Division has driven down their fleet average for mpg regulations, I would have given up hope that a company like BMW M or Mercedes AMG is completely capable of designing a motorsport street car that can achieve good mpg while still being Naturally Aspirated, they can still do that but won't. Instead technology like electric turbos and electrically assisted drive trains are the future of motorsport street cars instead of trying to produce a more exciting yet more efficient exotic engine for a 4 door sedan, like a 3.0L V10 Twin Turbo or a 2.0L V8 Twin Turbo. If turbo technology has proven anything it's proven that you can make any engine produce massive power. There are dude's running around out there with 1,000hp Honda Odysseys for Godsakes. I'm not against Turbo engines and turbo technology, but I am against companies who design an engine with efficiency as the foremost priority instead of exotic experience and performance. The next M5 will have an updated version of the S63tu and while that is definitely not a bad thing it isn't exactly a good thing either. While I recognize that the S63tu engine is an engine with vast untapped resources, a lack of innovation and trying to do something new and exciting with the internal combustion engine only signals the IC engine's eventual demise. I already foresee the future 2024 BMW M5 being full electric with no internal combustion engine even in it. Climate change lobbyists and zealots are winning in the war against the internal combustion engine for sports cars. One day sports cars may even be dead all together with the vast majority of the planets population viewing cars as something only to be used a tool for pure utility and not enjoyment. Companies like Lamborghini and Aston Martin are the last ones to hold out right now, but I don't know how much longer they will last, even 10 more years may be optimistic.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...henomenal-v12/

Poignantly true
Touché bro
But my question now?!
Does everybody share your setiment of such sheer pessimism ?!
LOL

Last edited by soooma; 12-22-2015 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 11:39 AM   #5
Grumpywings
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M5 CP CCB, Triple Black

Carbon roof / no sunroof option like the M6.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 12:07 PM   #6
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Poignantly true
Touché bro
But my question now?!
Does everybody share your setiment of such sheer pessimism ?!
LOL
I do, and I have mentioned it before, one day you probably can't even drive on public road.

As self-driving technology mature to a certain point, I see the big brother step in and say, for the sake of eliminating traffic accidents (whether it's drunk driving, speeding, old people who can't see straight, or whatnot), no more driving for you!

Self-driving cars also increases productivity and reduces the need for multi-cars per family (not good news for automakers), so it saves you money and fewer waste.

But my hope is still up that I won't see this in my generation.

Anyways, if there's one thing I want the next M5 to have, it's RWD, but long shot though.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #7
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Wow, tough to pick just one but I would say my chief priority for new M5 would be...

More communicative steering. That is less numb, more old school BMW road feel via wheel.
This is the quality I miss most and the engineers must figure out a way to bring it back!

I remember test driving like five or six 2013-2014 M5s feeling like the steering left me wanting more of a delicate feel for the road. Then I tried one optioned with ZCP and the steering was slightly better putting me over the edge and I bought one. ZCP moved the car in the right direction as far as steering feel, now they just need to do more of whatever they did to improve the steering.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 03:35 PM   #8
MOB
Major
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M2 LCI

A sensibly priced switchable exhaust option, quiet and LOUD settings
      12-22-2015, 05:42 PM   #9
TazOjla
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5

Garage List
2007 BMW M5  [0.00]
2009 BMW X5  [0.00]
Some of the magic from the older generations for sure. The E39 and E60 both had a sound that was mesmerizing. The F10 sounds rubbish IMO and the active sound is just crap. the F10 is fun to drive but it lacks the charisma of the old cars
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 06:55 PM   #10
M6Pilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Garage List
eliminate some of the plastic in the engine bay and replace with aluminum/carbon fiber for a better dressed performance engine that it is !
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 02:46 AM   #11
Lawaia
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Azurite Black

Simply put, car needs to go on a diet. Shed 400+ lbs to regain nimbleness.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 09:08 AM   #12
ed4
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 F96 X6MC, '18 G30 M550i

Unique, sportier bodywork - wider fenders ala RS6, F80 M3

'23 F93 M8 GC ZCP
- HRE S101SC - Full Akrapovic - '15 Audi R8 4.2 S-Tronic
(Past) YouTube '21 F96 X6M ZCP Akrapovic/MSS/BC Forged, ‘18 G30 M550i, '18 G01 X3 M40i, '15 F10 M5 ZCP HRE S101 #1 & #2/Akrapovic, ‘13 W204 C63 AMG - ADV1 5.01SL's
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2015, 10:17 AM   #13
Hashtag_M_Rated
///M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 First Edition M5

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
Okay it's really hard to pick one thing! I agree with almost everything others have said above.

My one thing that I would love to see in the new M5 is a LOUDER stock exhaust note that is more noticeable. I hate when I listen to an AMG motor and it sounds better and is louder than mine. We M5 owners shouldn't be looking for aftermarket exhaust to make our cars sound better and/or louder! PLEASE READ THIS BMW M DIVISION!! !
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #14
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashtag_M_Rated View Post
Okay it's really hard to pick one thing! I agree with almost everything others have said above.

My one thing that I would love to see in the new M5 is a LOUDER stock exhaust note that is more noticeable. I hate when I listen to an AMG motor and it sounds better and is louder than mine. We M5 owners shouldn't be looking for aftermarket exhaust to make our cars sound better and/or louder! PLEASE READ THIS BMW M DIVISION!! !
Good point

The factory stock exhaust of V8 Turbo engines from Audi and MB sound better than BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #15
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Less weight-a 400 lb diet and magnet ride dampers combined with a snazzier (black is pretty bland)interior.
Happy Holidays!
Bill
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 12:16 PM   #16
josec70
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22' Individual Chalk M5C

A lighter version of the F10 would cure many evils.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #17
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Space saver spare tire
      12-23-2015, 03:14 PM   #18
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Akropovic exhaust as default exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 09:56 PM   #19
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirenarora View Post
Akropovic exhaust as default exhaust
LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 09:57 PM   #20
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickC23 View Post
Space saver spare tire
Thought about it once!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 09:58 PM   #21
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Less weight-a 400 lb diet and magnet ride dampers combined with a snazzier (black is pretty bland)interior.
Happy Holidays!
Bill
Very true!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 09:59 PM   #22
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashtag_M_Rated View Post

Thanks for this comment !
Appreciate 0