Private
Rep
Drives: M6, X5

Navigation system wanted

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey guys, Ive been looking on ebay for a used Idrive display / Navigation system for my car. I tried the whole polishing trick on my scratched one and made it permanent and worse. Dont ask me...Im horrible at these DIY things sometimes..Anyone know of one in very good condition? Looking for very very little scratching on the anti-glare to non-existent. Ill post the links to two i am looking at, its hard to tell the condition of the screen. I wouldnt mind some others clicking the link and giving me their feedback based on what they see. Thanks guys!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-BMW-53...4/193291391297

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2014-B...MAAOSwNRJcy06R

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #2
PerfM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Space, E92 M3 Techno

You've got to be careful of how you integrate parts in the Nav. I would highly recommend you find the right part number for your specific VIN. Go through realoem.com and narrow down the part.
You can find lots of how-to videos on YouTube for the install. Once you complete that I would imagine you will need to do some coding/programing to get all the parts to be happy with each other. Reach out to Alex at Alpine tuning. He can do a quick remote tap int to your car to make everything happy again.
Hope that helps.
      04-13-2020, 11:52 AM   #3
///M_life
Private
Rep
Drives: M6, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfM5 View Post
You've got to be careful of how you integrate parts in the Nav. I would highly recommend you find the right part number for your specific VIN. Go through realoem.com and narrow down the part.
You can find lots of how-to videos on YouTube for the install. Once you complete that I would imagine you will need to do some coding/programing to get all the parts to be happy with each other. Reach out to Alex at Alpine tuning. He can do a quick remote tap int to your car to make everything happy again.
Hope that helps.
Here is the other one im looking at. Its completley identical, exact same part number, looks the exact same front and back. Called BMW they said as long as its the exact same part # it shouldnt need any programming. Only if it was an upgraded screen from OEM it would from my understanding. Not sure what years they changed the screens a bit but in that case you would need to. These screens came off another 2013 M5.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-2016-B...K/274025174162
Appreciate 0