M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

08-05-2020, 01:11 AM   #1
Hanks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2015

Upgrading NBT ID6 vs Android VS MMI CarPlay

Hi, I have a M5 F10 2015 and I wanted to upgrade my car a little bit
I also have a Tesla model 3 and when I drive the bmw I kinda miss some functionalities.
So I was wondering if you guys had those 3 options done and what would you guys recommend is the best deal, I know the original id6 is better, but is 2.5x more expensive then android and 6 times more expensive MMI.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 05:44 AM   #2
propernorf
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 F10

get the andream box, you can find more info on it on the f30 forum https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...75929&page=182
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 05:16 PM   #3
Hanks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by propernorf View Post
get the andream box, you can find more info on it on the f30 forum https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...75929&page=182
why this one? there is no difference between the cheaper version
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 08:32 PM   #4
PerfM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Space, E92 M3 Techno

ultimately it comes down to support. I return my unit back to the seller from Amazon. The unit never worked right, and the worse yet the colors were off, by a wide margin. I would vote for the display version as it adds touch capability making CarPlay and android auto much easier and more ergonomic to use.

However, keep in mind aliexpress is usually overseas whach means if anything goes wrong you have to pay to ship back.
      08-05-2020, 09:14 PM   #5
Hanks
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfM5 View Post
ultimately it comes down to support. I return my unit back to the seller from Amazon. The unit never worked right, and the worse yet the colors were off, by a wide margin. I would vote for the display version as it adds touch capability making CarPlay and android auto much easier and more ergonomic to use.

However, keep in mind aliexpress is usually overseas whach means if anything goes wrong you have to pay to ship back.
Awesome! thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 05:55 AM   #6
Brownbandit
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Jeep GC Nissan 300zx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanks View Post
Quote:

Awesome! thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanks View Post
Quote:

Awesome! thank you!
Did you end up moving forward with this? Have a 2013 m5 and looking to upgrade. Any chance Waze works wit HUD?
Appreciate 0