M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

07-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
GRAHAM SMITH
Registered
Rep
Drives: M5 V8

No connection on dragon drive

Hi all....

Have a problem with connecting up with dragon drive on the enhanced Bluetooth system......car says ' No connection available '......

We have changed the comms box.....but still the same message.

Tried the phone in other BMW cars...and it works ok...so we know it's not the phone or other cars.....but it's just my car that won't connect up .......any ideas
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 08:21 PM   #2
wfoM8
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

Garage List
I now have the same problem. Dragon Drive worked perfectly until a couple of weeks ago.
BMW Genius does not have an answer nor does anyone at Nuance. How did you resolve your issue?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2020, 02:19 AM   #3
mia2wa
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I'm having the same problem. Nuance does not make it easy to reach them for support. I was able to find a page for sending them a web message, but I have gotten no response. I called BMW Genius, and they said they would reach out to Nuance. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but - apparently - the service has been renamed (it's still Nuance) Cerence Drive! Messaging (instead of Dragon Drive! Messaging).

If anyone has any idea on how to resolve this issue, it would be much appreciated. It's not an expensive subscription, but it would be nice if it actually worked, since we are paying for it.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 05:27 PM   #4
ashrice
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M

Dragon Drive Not Connecting

I too am just recently been having problems connecting to Dragon Drive. Not only that, but I just renewed my subscription in June and they charged my credit card twice.

Also having troubles contacting them. All I found was a 'Whistleblower' link where I filed a 'concern'.

If anyone has found a solution yet please share.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 02:22 PM   #5
Operator Mo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Now: 2014 335i X-Drive

I'm experiencing the same issue. Dragon Drive says no connection. Started about 3 weeks ago.

Sent Dragon an email via their web page on 8/28/20. Not much of a website, looks very 2003.

Tried connecting with the phone in the cradle, no change.

Disappointing as text-to-speech is a handy feature.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 03:18 PM   #6
Madmatt2525
Registered
Rep
Drives: M235i, X5

I'm having the exact same issue with my 2016 M235i for past month and BMW Genius says to get with BMW Assist and then BMW Assist says it's an issue with Dragon Drive! Called up Nuance (makers of the Dragon suite of software packages) and they say there is a dedicated support number for these issues. Ironically, the number they give is the same number for BMW Genius support. And so the cycle continues.

After going round and round with multiple tickets open and playing phone ping pong I finally got a wonderful lady from BMW Assist to give me something to try which I had forgotten I could do. A manual software update via the www.bmw.com/update website. Sure enough my version of iDrive did have a pending update. So I downloaded the update, installed it via USB thumbstick and...... it didn't fix the issue. She also suggested I do a BMW ConnectedDrive update via the onboard menu options panel but that (which I had tried before) also didn't work. So after spending several weeks with this issue and over 4 hours on calls today I am still in the same boat. I have paid for BMW Telemetry services and an active subscription to Dragon Drive! and I still can't dictate text messages like I was doing perfectly well for the past 4 years. Sucks....

I even tried to totally delete my driver profile and create a new one and that also did nothing. One thing I noticed though, was right before the software update I noticed that Text to Speech also wasn't working. That isn't anything I ever use and I can't say for sure that it's been down this whole time as well but once the update completed that function DID start working. That actually gave me hope that the dictation system was also going to kick in, but sadly it did not. As soon as I click REPLY to a text message, and then click OK, it starts to load the dictation window like normal and then a "No Connection Available" error pops up. I can click OK and then it just says its trying to make a data connection but it never connects and eventually times out. Did I mention that this sucks? Extremely poor technical service coming out of both BMW (with the exception of the one lady that was very nice) and Nuance. They need to get on the same page with their support documentation.

Madmatt

Last edited by Madmatt2525; 09-04-2020 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 06:55 AM   #7
b2015
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Sport Touring

Dragon Drive is no longer a Nuance product, but a Cerence product. I've been having the identical "no connection" problem. It recently solved itself with no help from me. However, shortly afterwards, I got a mail asking for renewal payment 2 months early and under the name of this new company, Cerence. Anyone else seen that? Feels like Nuance was in trouble and after take-over, Cerence are acting on incorrect data.

b.

Last edited by b2015; 10-12-2020 at 06:57 AM.. Reason: Punctuation
Appreciate 0