M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

11-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
chris5150
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 30 YR Jahre

Sat Nav upcoming junctions

Struggling with my sat nav ( 2014 m5 ). When I have the map on full screen it doesn't seem to want to change to zoom/show me the junction when approaching it. Yes if I want to use split screen then the upcoming junction is shown on that screen, but I do like to see the map on a full screen...is it possible to set it somehow to do this?, or is it a change on the current nav,my previous nav whould show junctions etc when the full map was shown.Have searched the manual and cannot find any reference to it, other than it says to use the split screen for junction zoom. I can see the junction zoom nicely on the heads up display so have been tending to use that, but surely there must be a full screen mode with zoom for upcoming junctions?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
Netwon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M5 Alpine White

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5150 View Post
Struggling with my sat nav ( 2014 m5 ). When I have the map on full screen it doesn't seem to want to change to zoom/show me the junction when approaching it. Yes if I want to use split screen then the upcoming junction is shown on that screen, but I do like to see the map on a full screen...is it possible to set it somehow to do this?, or is it a change on the current nav,my previous nav whould show junctions etc when the full map was shown.Have searched the manual and cannot find any reference to it, other than it says to use the split screen for junction zoom. I can see the junction zoom nicely on the heads up display so have been tending to use that, but surely there must be a full screen mode with zoom for upcoming junctions?
thanks
I believe you will find what you are looking for in the split screen option under something like "Show ramp/exit details" near the bottom, a box you can check. I have a 2012 may be different on the 2014.

Like yourself I have found the HUD is amazing and for the most part have voice instructions turned off.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 06:25 AM   #3
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

The Sat-Nav on full screen does NOT do this at all, split screen only.
      11-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
chris5150
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

thanks

So I am not going mad then!...how silly , I like looking at the fullscreen map but then like it to zoom in when approaching a junction. Used to do this in previous versions, automatically switching view. Its annoying to have to split the screen, I don't want to see two maps of the same thing,I like to see one big one,and I don't particularly need to see the fuel computer or entertainment, yet I will need to do this just to get the junction view when one is approaching.
Seems a bit backwards to me,which is unusual for BMW, even the sat nav in a golf zooms in & out automatically when a junction approaches..so the only way I can get that is to split the screen..hmmm
thanks for confirming what I suspected
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So I am not going mad then!...how silly , I like looking at the fullscreen map but then like it to zoom in when approaching a junction. Used to do this in previous versions, automatically switching view. Its annoying to have to split the screen, I don't want to see two maps of the same thing,I like to see one big one,and I don't particularly need to see the fuel computer or entertainment, yet I will need to do this just to get the junction view when one is approaching.
Seems a bit backwards to me,which is unusual for BMW, even the sat nav in a golf zooms in & out automatically when a junction approaches..so the only way I can get that is to split the screen..hmmm
thanks for confirming what I suspected
BMW are having other issues on the Nav software, the Adaptive HBA works on 3 series and M5 but not on the M6 , I am having a go about this , it's just not on paying for the top car and basic stuff is not coded.
      11-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #6
chris5150
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

indeed

that is poor, the adaptive hba is great, I have been really quite fascinated by it, seems really daft that its not available on the 6, wonder why that is
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #7
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
that is poor, the adaptive hba is great, I have been really quite fascinated by it, seems really daft that its not available on the 6, wonder why that is
Not been coded into the cars for some reason, I am going to have them do it somehow.
I have the codes how to apply it to work, BUT i don't know how to open the files and code it.